1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

First Impressions AI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Beto Suannes, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Beto Suannes

Beto Suannes Rookie

Guys, First of all thx a lot for all efforts you have developing this incredible game.

I would like to point my first impressions about AI, just for info Fanatec GT2 wheel with all helps off :

Formula Tattus - Monza
    Incredible, I played on hard, and the cars seems to be very equal on playing, and I just loved the way the AI is dealing with overtakes and so on.....

BMW - Mugello
    I think the AI is breaking to soon on the corners and it doesn't look they deal with the same respect on track as Formula Tattus, I tried to make three races, but couldnt finish any of it, as I receive so many bumps and hits.

Another thing is that when you receive a bump and go out of track, you've to wait the 5 seconds to have the gas actived again, I think this should have an attention.

Supercars - Silverstone
    When i started the race there was a big accident with the AI's in front and there was a Ferrari 458 just stopped in the track what really made a massive accident with lots of cars just stopped, including me.

When I returned to track and all cars were behind me they started to race.

Abarth 500 - Maggione
    Fantastic, almost the same feeling as Tattus, but even in Alien mode, its a little bit easy to race those cars and in the start of race, they start very slow, and if you don't pay attention, you will have an accident with the car in front.

Hope my first impression can help you guys.

Congrats again for the wonderfull work you are doing in this game.

Rgds,
    Beto

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    BigBoss, paulieGTR, Jacka and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 First Impressions Dec 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions First impressions Nov 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Impressions on base XBOX - not what I expected Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Driver Swap - 1.3.3 - First impressions Feb 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions 1.0.7 beta impressions. Aug 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Zandvoort 2019 Gridwalk, Pit and Paddock impressions! Jul 15, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality First impressions of VR Oct 21, 2018
    ACC Physics General impressions about the physics Sep 13, 2018
    ACC General Discussions First impressions and feedback Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions May 18, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions 1st hour impressions with AC Mar 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Your Impressions: Cayman GT4 vs. Exige V6 Cup Jan 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack 2 & Red Pack Car impressions Jan 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Levante vs. Macan (vs. Colossus) impressions Dec 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 1.11 and PP3 Impressions Dec 20, 2016

3. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

The abarth does seem a bit too easy on alien mode, i just finished the race 10seconds ahead of 2nd place and im far from being a good driver

4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Maybe you're that good ;)

5. paysen

paysen Rookie

What is IA? :p

6. alex72

alex72 Alien

I agree with most things (although AI on alien is not that easy to me yet lol). Also sound is very loud with no way of turn it down (KS working on it!), but i was very happy with performance. I had very few FPS lower and it isnt even visible. So the sim is running smooth still even with 12 cars. Good work Kunos on that!

This thread is for the issue/bugs section though lol. This is the modding area. :)

7. Beto Suannes

Beto Suannes Rookie

Read AI :)

8. Justice0320

Justice0320 Gamer

I found this too, I'm pretty quick in that car on that track but even when i was lapping over a second slower than my best lap i finished a long way ahead of the field.

9. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

good first impressions, long way to go though.

paulieGTR likes this.
  10. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

AI feels good for this "taste". but i would like to know what ai depends more on - cpu or gpu. i got heavy fps loss esp. with abart an maggione. 1. i changed the graphic settings to everything low -> no big differences in fps. cpumeter shows me only 30% of use (2 of 8 logical processors are used at 80%-100% the others at 5%-35%).

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  11. Gabox01

Gabox01 Gamer

i've noticed, that the car models are significantly scaled down, when lot's of cars showing up on the screen. But i guess this is necessary to get consistent frame rates.

12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I like the aint like forza on rails, they make mistakes they go for the inside...

impressed so far

GothaR likes this.
  13. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Its CPU cyles that its using, my 3570K @4.8 has no issues at all.

14. Beto Suannes

Beto Suannes Rookie

i did not have a problem with FR, and i really believe it was a good start for the AI, as they will improve everything i think we can expect a completely new kind of carreer mode with no stupid AI as we have in other games

15. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

On another note, i really really love the FA AI so far, i have completed 5 races so far and find them challenging, they tend to hit you in the rear a lot though.

16. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Tatuus drive best atm, then those "superstars cars", abarth and last M3 group A. Tatuus is so much fun, really enjoyable. The MP4 drives a little bit too fast for me (its great that they drive so fast ;)), 458 are on my level and the bmw/lotus seems to be dumb sometimes. They crashed often and wont try to avoid crashes :D
    The Abarth and M3 drove at the first rounds really slow. Overall i like this "preview".

17. paysen

paysen Rookie

True, made the same experience. Hard to finish because if they are in front of you, they break too early, and if you have them next to you, they bump you in the next corner and you get off track.

But only in that race its that bad.

18. Andy T

Andy T Gamer

Great job Kunos. AI is behaving well. :)

Just a bit of feedback.

BMW's at Mugello

1. Alien level is too easy. Lapping quicker than the field. Hopefully you can adjust it as development continues.

2. AI cars are rock solid. If they drive into you they spin you. But if you do the same back to them your car bounces off them and you go flying. You are unable to spin them.

3. Damage isn't modelled yet obviously, but a few times I've just tapped an AI car and my damage indicator has gone red straight away.

4. A few times I've seen cars swiveling around a centre point on low speed corners. Like old PS1 Colin McRae rally. Almost like the car is steering from the centre rather than the front.

Keep up the good work. :)

19. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I won the race on alien for the Fiat 500 abarth and got no achievement (broken?). AI seems decent in terms of driving speed but are hardly "alien", more importantly though they currently have no issues with driving straight into you, pushing you off the track as if you're invisible.

A good start, but currently the AI seem a bit too oblivious to the player driver on track, they are all really slow on starts too, I managed to pass a lot of cars just on the start to every race i tried.

paulieGTR likes this.
  20. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

There's a thread about AI.

merging.

21. I find that in the breaking zones they are very aggressive and I keep getting spun by cars hitting me from behind.