1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FOV setting

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by bulls23, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Many of us are set up in front of a TV with a wheel stand.. we can't get any closer to the TV. I hope everyone thought to get physically closer if possible.

turismoslayer likes this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah...
    Using those FOV calculators only suggest to get closer to the screen, if your only variable is the size and distance of your monitor.
    Take them as set, and you will see, setting up your seating position may influence your experience as well...

Spitfire77 likes this.
  3. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Oh do you mean in game seat position? On console we do not have the option to change that, yet..

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No, I mean your RL seating position, in relation to your screens width and resolution.
    You can move your RL seating position, don't you?

Spitfire77 likes this.
  5. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I have it moved as close as possible to the TV. - So yes I have done the best I can, but 50deg FOV is still too high.

I would have to buy/build a new entertainment center that would allow my pedals to go under the TV. I am actually working on that for after my wife and I move later this year. Has to meet wife's standards of appearance and mine for a sim racing setup.

But until then.. if we (on consoles) could just have more in depth FOV and seating adjustment in game it would do wonders for those of us who can't improve it anymore with our physical setups.

6. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

I need a 32deg FOV so at 50 minimum, I'm nowhere near. At 50deg I'm totally disconnected from the car and have no feel for where to place it.

I don't get why it's soft limited to 50 though, It would make more sense if the setting was missing entirely. But the fact it's there at all must mean there's some other limiting factor. I can't think that's it's performance related as a lower FOV would mean less track detail to render wouldn't it?

7. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I read something about it clipping through the driver's helmet and would cause visual issues on screen but I am not sure if that is true.

8. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Would this issue get more exposure if it was moved to the main console thread?

9. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

ok, makes sense. Would deffo be nice to get an official response though

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Isn't there a dashboard cam, that can be used especially for your comfort?

11. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Yeah that does work better than full cockpit cam but still not there for me

Spitfire77 likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you set the seat position to far back it will show you the driver, but not when you change fov. :)

Spitfire77 likes this.
  13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Agree with all the requests in this thread as I really wish we could have the tools to transform this

..into this:

14. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

@ZX636 Not sure what I am looking at here as you do not appear to have shown any fov settings used for those vids. Subject interests me and I have read up about fov but without seeing the differences fov makes cant get a grip on it properly. First vid made corners etc look a long way away. Second vid not so much or same?. With the limited fov in console AC I'm not really seeing what I am missing.

15. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I'd simply like to do what's shown in this video at 14:41

Tighter FOV values + adjustable "camera"
    In the 2nd video of the Sauber C9, It seems that player has a lower FOV and adjusted the "camera" distance (unless my eyes fail me)

Traks1 likes this.
  16. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Too large a field of view would be like driving your road car from the back seat where you would see far more in your field of view than you would sitting in the correct position. Because the field of view is wrong for where you're simulated as sitting in the car, the track and objects around you appear to be moving slower than your brain says they should be which takes a mental adjustment to 'tune out' especially entering a turn

17. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Thanks @ZX636 :) I get it now and yes it would be very, very nice to have that and the seat position thing too. Definitely a +1 for those.

ZX636 likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

A good explanation about fov and why its important

paul_wev likes this.
  19. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Not 'slower', I think I meant faster.....Incorrectly anyway :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paul_wev and Spitfire77 like this.