1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Go Faster - 2 Gearbox & engine at game&track YT channel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Apr 11, 2017.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is how the powergraph looks ingame:
    [​IMG]

edit: maybe it is the same as the picture you posted but that one is more compact?

TDS likes this.
  2. baboon

baboon Alien

I have some troubles with flatshifting. It feels so unnatural to me I have to remind myself constantly to do it. I only do it because it's free laptime gain basically.

Andy-R and Schnipp like this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

what is the difference between gearbox audio on 10 and on "engine"? We are racing the Miura at the moment and it is very tricky to hear the revs using 10 where it is fine with "engine"

4. rge75

rge75 Simracer

@Aristotelis you're my hero ;) Decided to go for the Lotus Exos 125 achievement (Silverstone International again). I had bronze so far with 1:52.5xx - that was before your two videos. So I focused on the line and adjusted the gears (by default, it didn't even max out 5th). Well, tyre pressure for sure was not perfect yet (not all green), but I anyway improved by 1.525 seconds and achieved gold. That was an achievement completely out of reach before your video tutorials. Well, looks like I'm trying to get the remaining Silverstone achievements now until we "learn" another track from one of your videos.

So thumbs up for your work.

TDS, Fat Rich, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It´s the same, kunos uses 1 variable for each torque and power.

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, it's just a bit streched differently since it's taken from Content Manager, but they are the same in proportion.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I'm very confused by the english terminology here. Both, torque and horse power is referred to as power :confused:
    We Germans differentiate between Kraft ( torque in nm) and Leistung ( kW or hp)
    In my opinion the latter should be referred to as output, to not confuse the SI.

But that's not my question. Am I Right that torque describes the acceleration, and horsepower the maximal achievable (top) speed?
    If so, shouldn't I only focus on the latter, in high gears?
    And to get the most acceleration, focus on optimal use of torque in lower gears?

Schnipp likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The miura has a mechanical rev limiter. As such the limiter is very slow to engage, we simulate this ingame with putting the revlimiter very high in the rpm, but lowering the power a lot after the "red line" (which is non existant in this car). So check the tech specs power band and change gear accordingly, trust the tech specs power band

TDS, matz_AUT, Cote Dazur and 2 others like this.
  9. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Only HP matters. You want to be outputting the maximum possible HP at all times.

TDS, ApexPredator and demetri like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

But...
    I use the german terms here, to make it clearer

Kraft (power) = mass * acceleration
    So this gives you how fast you can gain speed

Leistung (output) = work (power * way, or distance) per time
    Wich should give you the theoretical top speed

I'm confused :confused:

11. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

That's what always frustrates me about cars: I want them to sound AND be fast :D

TDS and rge75 like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

13. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's an incredibly common misundertanding

You meant

Kraft (torque) = mass * acceleration
    So this gives you how fast you can gain speed

This is true but applies for the torque at the driven wheels. Not at the engine. Maximizing engine Leistung (output) is maximizing driven wheels Kraft(torque).

If you choose your shift points to maximize engine Kraft. You are not maximising driven wheels Kraft, because you are always in a higher gear too soon and losing the important multiplication effect in the lower gear.

LeDude83, TDS, baboon and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ok, this lights a bulp, but what is that, you are referring in your last sentence?
    Thanks for trying to enlighten me. :)

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Thanks for the explanation.
    The power graph implies that it still has decent power (hp) at 8000 rpm, but if you shift at 8000 you lose quite a lot of time compared to shifting between 7000-7500 rpm.
    OK, now I get what you did there and why.

And since I forgot earlier:
    Another really informative video for the guys that weren't aware of power band / shifting point and gearing before.
    For me it was a nice and entertaining reminder combined with the practical appliance on track.

But somehow I'm now thinking of a certain sci-fi movie franchise. :D

Aristotelis likes this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think we should vote en masse for something silly like the Reliant or F350 Stairs truck :D or for an awesome mod track like Bridgehampton, RIR or Thomson Road... I would love some setup tips for the Cobra, she's a wobbly old girl nowadays!

18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

sidekick app automatically calculates optimal shift points.

even if you change gear ratios it will adjust automatically.

once you see the optimal shift points on sidekick you can turn off app if it breaks your simulation value :D

Topuz and Schnipp like this.
  19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think my most recent setup for it is on TSM. Also attached now ;)
    It is for 5 lap race at Silverstone GP, but I think other than fuel and tyre pressures I don't make other adjustments for different tracks. (maybe final gear ratio if necessary)

Attached Files:

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Here's some general advice on how to deal with the engine revs and gear selection on exit turn

High speed turns, slow cars, low torque, plenty of traction:
    You want your revs to be above max torque by 500-1000rpm at the moment you apply gas on exit turn

Low speed turns, slow cars, low torque, good traction:
    Revs at max torque or just above, at the moment you apply gas on exit turn

High speed turns, fast cars, lot's of torque, bad traction:
    Revs at max torque or just below it at the moment of gas apply on exit turn

Low speed turns, fast cars, lot's of torque, bad traction:
    Revs at 500 to 1000rpm (or even less needed), at the moment of gas apply on exit turn

If you can do this, it should help you to apply as much gas as possible, while at the same time maintaining traction