1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Go Faster - 2 Gearbox & engine at game&track YT channel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Apr 11, 2017.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

just remember to implement it, that way after you are done implementing it the implementation will be correct

2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The car is much faster with proper tire pressure for cornering & proper gear ratio to take advantage to max torque for acceleration & max HP for top speed.

This make clearing gold with the BMW group A special event effortless.

3. baboon

baboon Alien

500 to 1000 below max. torque? Or driving a big diesel? :D

chksix likes this.
  4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

@Aristoteles
    -thanks for the vids. I watch them with great interest!
    -i am setting up the alfa 155 dtm (similar like the benz in your vid). I often find myself being faster using only five of the six gears when dialing in the gearbox settings. (so not shortening the gearbox to match sixth at the end of the straight but keeping it in fifth there) Is this possible or am i doing something very wrong here? Also the car behaviour is much more easy to drive with only five (slightly) longer gears.
    -keep them vids coming!

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think maybe a good option would be to also show the cars technical specs on the load screen, to me this is just wasted space. There is that little bit of info bottom right of the screen about in car controls, ABS, boost etc but the middle of the screen is blank. On triple screens my middle screen is empty the entire load process and this sort of info would be very welcome while waiting for the track to load I think.

Getting to the car info if running in an mp server means you need to find the car in the list, then click the little icon before joining a server so I rarely bother checking the data unless I find the car clearly losing power at higher rpm.

Guidofoc, V8_KB, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  6. TDS

TDS Alien

hummm why do it just cause its faster? i go for the best possible representation of rl and do everything exactly i would in the real thing, in search of immersion of course, exploiting stuff is horrible, i wish stefano fix that exploding the car gearbox into pieces beamNG style if anyone use that exploit even once hahahahaa, that would be great.
    Open a issue/bug thread about it, would be cool ;-)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    chksix likes this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

ROFL new ad to your signature !

8. baboon

baboon Alien

This wasn't invented by simracers as an exploit, you can do it irl but your crew will probably hate you for doing it to their car.

9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you again for this video. It's amazing, first I'm like "well I know about that, but it may be nice for many others". Then I still can focus on your points and see improvements in my driving.
    And I'm horrified how fast you actually are. During the videos it looks effortless, and you also have only few chances to nail that lap while I can see small imperfections* all over the place. The 235i laptime is tough to beat for me (using similar conditions**), the DTM Mercedes is just wtf how are you doing this?

But in both cases I feel endless laps trying to improve good things, while seeing my consistent laptimes are becoming better by tenths per day.

* not really imperfections, more like inconsistency so your theoretical best lap should be significantly better
    ** nice how you fooled us with your bad shifting in #1

Biner, liakjim, chksix and 3 others like this.
  10. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I made a similar experience with these 6 speed H-patetrn DTM cars, and also often only used 5 of them gears.
    My conclusion was that I loose more time on the gear changes when driving with 6 gears, then I make up with the shorter ratios.
    In addition, clutching and blipping is quite stressful (for me^^) with these cars when using all 6 gears, and I tend to unsettle the car more.
    So using 5 instead of 6 gear was often just as fast, or even little bit faster for me.

Of course, as I've just learned from watching this latest video, and also from reading this thread, that flat shifting would propably have helped me quite a bit.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  11. baboon

baboon Alien

Until I watched the video (sorry I did only just now) I've never seen this before and didn't even realise what you mean by it. Without declutch would it even work like that at all irl? I imagine you'd have to use brutal force to the stick and things would break in no time.

Some other question: when trying to downshift without declutch in AC there is always engine damage shown. Or at least for me it was almost impossible to get perfect timing and not getting damage when I tried. But with the flatshifting shown in the video nothing is happening? Or was damage or/and the displayer set to off? If I remember correctly, with using H-shifter and trying to flatshift without clutch there is also damage.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  12. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Ah ok, glad to hear that i am not the only one experiencing this. :)

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@Aristotelis
    it would be nice if you could add the power graph in the setup screen

gandlers, matz_AUT, demetri and 3 others like this.
  14. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

THAT would be cool!

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, as mentioned previously on occasion: More info about the car in the launcher/setup screen in general please. :/ Power graph, drivetrain layout, gearbox type, the info from the loading screen also on the setup screen and all that. Also a page about the track with the map and turns, turn names, DRS zones. Having it all right in-game to see would be great, more convenient & helpful than having to look things up on the net before a race.

16. TDS

TDS Alien

yep but its not exactly faster irl..its just lazy shifting. if your clutch is broken its the only way to go. but it damages the gear box for some cars reall6 fast others reall6 slow.

17. SimRacingTech

SimRacingTech Rookie

For the last scenario, the Low speed turns, fast cars, lot's of torque, bad traction, Revs at 500 to 1000rpm (or even less needed) is correct? Is it should be Revs at 500 - 1000rpm above, lower, or around max torque or something?

And can you talk about the correct way to shift up? Also I heard there are many ways to shift up like, flat shift, or power shift. I mean really confused with these definition, would mind to explain these?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  18. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

baboon likes this.
  19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys thank you all so much for your feedback. Just a small request, let's talk about driving and not make this thread another feature request and wishlist thread. Obviously your ideas are great and we always read them with interest, somethings can be done, others maybe not and priorities might be different. But this should be a thread about driving and such.
    Thanks everybody, keep it up!

OliW, LeDude83, Cote Dazur and 4 others like this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The reason i brought it up was because you talking about the power graph in the video and that would make it easier to use, i didnt mean to make it a wishlist thread.

looking forward to the next episode already

Aristotelis likes this.