1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GP this Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ApocalypseZA, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ApocalypseZA

ApocalypseZA Racer

So whose watching the GP this Sunday and thinks it's going to be a disaster or a surprising good race.
    I for one think Red Bull and Ferrari are holding back, but I also wonder how reliable these motors are going to be.
    No matter what I'll keep supporting Alonso but I'm hoping for good things for Massa and Williams.
    [​IMG]

sketchyterry and sherpa25 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant fetch any server (since UTC 1200 Sunday 21 Apr 2024) Apr 21, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XSX XSS Drivers can you race GT3 Wednesday's and Sunday's? Nov 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Drivers wanted Wed/Fri/Sundays Sep 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series X|S GT3 Races Sunday Wednesday Fridays Sep 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GBRC Practise Thursday and race Sunday nights on PS5 7-10 BST/GMT. - Series 1 14/8/22 recruiting now Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room GT3 League Sundays 5:30PM (CET) Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TORA GT Sprint Cup - Sundays 1500 EDT [SimRacing-GP.net][PC] Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Donington One-off Race this sunday @ 7 pm gmt ($50 prize pool) Jun 2, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Motive Racing GT3 - PS5 Only (starts TODAY Sunday 15/05) May 15, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PC] Alliant Motorsports Americas - ACC Season 4 - Sundays @ 8:30 PM Eastern Mar 29, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Super Touring Championship / Sundays Nov 3, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Axiom Sim Racing - ACC League-[PC] Sundays 20:15GMT (Newcomers welcome) Sep 21, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [EU] [NA] Delta Racing League - Sunday - Porsche Cup & BMW M2 Jun 14, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Alliant Motorsports Americas - Saturday ACC Series & Sunday UK Tour Sprint Series Jun 13, 2021

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, hoping for good result for Hamilton and I'd like to see Williams do well.

sketchyterry likes this.
  4. quazar1973

quazar1973 Gamer

If any of the Merc powered teams can go the distance then I think they will lock out the podium. Ferrari are in with a chance more so than any of the Renault powered teams, the Renaults just haven't done enough running in testing so I don't think they can go the full distance. Having said that only a fool would fully discount Redbull.

I'd love to see Dan on the podium but as I said above I don't see them lasting the distance based on all their problem during preseason testing. Of course free practice 1 will give a better indication on how all the teams are fairing.

5. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

my hopes are for the Ferrari Team,hoping Kimi and Alonso are doing well....i have no idea how strong Ferrari is,will see this WE
    Red Bull had some problems but they are a strong team.....i think Mercedes with Hamilton and Nico are Fav's.....Lot's of Laps and km
    I hope Williams can make a step forward,it's a Legendary Team and they have to be defentitly fighting with the Big Teams

6. Ghanja

Ghanja Racer

Regarding the problems Red Bull is currently having I doubt that they will have a great start into this season.

7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Anything is possible this first race,

Read al kinds of news, it could be that a lot of teams not finish the race

yeah Red Bull is struggling big time, GOOD :)

8. ApocalypseZA

ApocalypseZA Racer

As much as I don't like Red Bull and think Vettel is full of himself. I still can't deny that they knew what they were doing the last 4 seasons and I can't hate them for that. They were just better, they had me scratching my head most times wondering how a team like Ferrari who make and know fast cars couldn't catch Red Bull. If it wasn't for Alonso and his talent and will to win, were Ferrari would have ended these last 4 seasons. New season, new rules, everything fresh for all teams and better skills required with these 2014 machines. Now we will see where the talent really is.

9. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't much running in the practice sessions to save the cars for qualifying and the race. Based on testing there seems to be a very real risk of cars catching fire or damaging themselves by overheating, it seems to take all day to fix them again with these new complicated engines. The teams at the test days only had to work on one car at a time, with two cars misbehaving it could be a mess.

The first few races might only be about finishing, not about performance and I don't think many cars will go the distance, maybe half the field. But it's possible some won't even make the start of the race based on the last test and the problems they had. Plus they've only got 100 kg of fuel and Albert Park is a reasonably high fuel consumption race, could be a few cars run out on the last couple of laps especially the teams that didn't manage to complete a race distance in testing.

I have to say I hate fuel saving races, we've had slow races where the teams have had to save the tyres and now it's fuel too. I hope they haven't ruined F1 with these rule changes.

Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and we'll have a good competitive race, it'll be interesting whatever happens!

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lucky for Ferrari they now have Kimi again and he knows what he is doing.

11. ApocalypseZA

ApocalypseZA Racer

Oh how I miss the good old days of sound and power. Like Damon Hill said: " You can't compare today's driver with those of the past" Todays cars are babied compared to what Senna, Prost etc drove and even before that. That was scaring racing, no bells and whistles of today and that was talent to watch.

12. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

I will up at 5am UK time to watch a bit of build build up and then hopefully support Hamilton on his way to his first victory of hopefully many this season. Fingers crossed but I can't help feeling his car will break down :(

Button's my second favourite so would be nice to see him do well and I'm really liking the look of Kevin Magnussen, helps in he is in the my favourite team though haha. Anyway can't wait for this weekend! Formula one is back and a 12 hour GT race at Mugello. Nice background racing to work to haha.

I get what he's saying but I can't help feeling it's also a pretty arrogant statement. Obviously Prost and Senna are massively talented but he shouldn't discredit the also massive talents of most of the drivers on the grid today, especially Vettel, Alonso, Kimi and Hamilton.

13. ApocalypseZA

ApocalypseZA Racer

I get what he's saying. I think he mean today's drivers have it easy compared to yester year.

14. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Yeah, although the cars this year are said to be a lot harder due to the torque.

Regarding Damon Hill don't forget that before he joined F1 in 92 he would have looked up to Senna and Prost who are probably among his hero drivers. Anyway never a big fan of Hill. I want Karun Chandhok back!!! He was awesome, seems like one the nicest guys on the grid to.

15. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I've always been a Button fan (Honda connection) but Kimmi is by far my favourite driver, I just love his no nonsense interview style, this is one of his classic moments

16. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

I just added nbcsports channel so I can watch this year's f1 season. DVR set for both practices, qual, and race. :)

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't think there's less talent on display now though, the skills of Ham et al are incredible.

Motor racing up to the 1980s was a peculiar sort of madness. As Jackie Stewart says, young men were dying every week but it wasn't due to war but a sports event. Watching the videos of some of the stuff that went on in the 70s in particular is horrendous, they make me glad I'm watching today's races.

TrenchcoatNinja and sketchyterry like this.
  18. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Todays drivers have a hell of a lot more work to do in the cockpit compared to any other generation. (not it terms of manual shifting etc, but constant changing of settings, team communication etc ) They don't have certain skills that older generations had, but they have many new skills to master that the older drivers didn't. F1 isn't jut about pressing pedals and turning the wheel.

Anyhow.. looking forward to this weekend, it's going to be interesting for sure. As long as Red Bull and Ferrari are crap i'll be happy. Hoping to see Lewis do well, McLaren hopefully will have vastly improved, and it would be great to see a resurgent Williams.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    OffAgain, Ethan Dean and sketchyterry like this.
  19. I think Massa will win this year championship. Ferrari was holding him back. :D:D

The Moose and Fat Rich like this.
  20. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

I feel rather odd admitting to this, but having gone off F1 in a seriously big way a decade or so ago (mid afternoon on 12th May, 2002, to be precise), I'm actually quite excited about this season. The big technical shake-up makes it look a lot more open than it has been for years, the chances are there'll be a good bit of chopping and changing at the front over the year as teams get to grips with things, and it's not just for contrived reasons either (e.g. let's use rubbish tyres, let's add a Win Button, etc).

I even, and I know this makes me odd, think the cars sound, um, better.

21. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Clean your ears out. The cars sound bloody awful now :(