1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GP this Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ApocalypseZA, Mar 12, 2014.

1. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Yeah it was a good fun GP, felt more edgy as to when a car might break down.

I have to though say I do look forward to races at more sociable times!

2. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Gamer

Im at sidmouth and also originally from sydney.
    OT, I thought throttle by wire was bad enough now brakes as well, it wont be long before f1 is remote controlled for safety and efficiency reasons.

3. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

I don't think there is anything wrong with brake by wire systems personally and think it is needed for all of their fancy electronics/kinetic recovery etc stuff. Some road cars have started to use this tech aswell I believe. What is rubbish is things like TC or other stability controls being brought, I hope they don't make a reappearance.

As for noise then I can't make my mind up. I like it in a way and it's nice to hear the crowd or the tyres spin up when they leave from their pitstop and of course all the turbo whistle. But I do miss the pure noise and scream that the older engines used to make.

4. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

What a ride from Rosberg/Mercedes! Also Ricciardo gives hopes (for Vettel), that Red Bull isn't that bad at all.
    But the cars are the most ugliest ones in F1-history! Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari... ok, but just take a look at the front-noses, especially of Torro Rosso and Force India! o_O
    And if a 2013-engine would sound like a 2014, this 2013 car would be in big trouble for a motor blow-up. :D

5. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Normally they could rev it till 15000 RPM, it would scream very cool but its very inefficient.
    Mercedes tested even with 17500 RPM, imagine the turbo scream sound :D

6. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Decision
    Car 3 is excluded from the Race Results.

http://184.106.145.74/f1-championsh... Australian Grand Prix 2014 Document - 56.pdf

7. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Shaddix likes this.
  8. petesky

petesky Simracer

What a shame for Danny the team's let him down...but I'm very happy Mercs are 1, 2 and 3!

9. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

Whats amusing now is the loadcell pedals are old tech ...if u want to simulate an f12014 potentiometers and guess work are back in :-D

10. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

But do the new brake systems actually use potentiometers or not or do they also make use of a loadcell. Surely potentiometers are fractionally slower and would offer a disadvantage so if you could you would still use a loadcell.

11. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

I doubt they use either potentiometers or loadcells. I'm sure they use a proprietary solution, because it has to be 100% reliable. They can't have the brakes failing.

Although, to be honest they have failed already...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...urbo-charged-testing-ahead-new-F1-season.html

12. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

Guys am kinda being sarcastic about the fact that these gp cars now brake by wire, like a simracer does using potentiometers...in my case hit and hope :-D..loadcells are obsolete. .my g25 pedals are back in fashion..booya :-D

13. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Only thing wrong was the engine sound (or lack of), more noise in my bathroom first thing in the morning.....

Good news on the McLaren's though, really want them to do well this year and crush it next year with Honda.

14. rge75

rge75 Simracer

BTW, am I the only one complaining about too long SC phases? There's some rubber on the track and it needs a SC car for an endless amount of laps. I doubt it can take that long to take away some rubber. It always seems like they there must be a line in the contract that the SC car must be visible on the tv for at least 5 minutes every race ;-)

sketchyterry likes this.
  15. quazar1973

quazar1973 Gamer

Redbull are appealing against Dan's exclusion from the race results, will be interesting to see all the technical data. The safety car for the Bottas incident was also to remove part of the rim that was left on the track as well as the tyre carcass, the race steward would also probably use the time the car is out to inspect the wall and make sure there is no debree left on the track that could cause an accident or compromise someone elses race.

Drive by wire is the future, looks like it will take some time for some of the drivers and teams to fully adjust, can't wait for google to enter a car, they'll save heaps on not having to employ a driver :)

16. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Quite surprised with that. Rather enjoyable race, all in all. Passing seemed thoroughly possible and not just because of the Win Button, there was no tyre stupidity, the drivers were clearly having to work bloody hard, there was a bit of reliability fun*, and there wasn't to much pottering about for fuel reasons. I might watch a few more this season.

And again... I definitely prefer the sound. High pitch screaming does nothing for my ears at all.

Really, really wish I was in charge of marketing at Anne Summers or Beate Uhse or similar. Those noses are the perfect location for a bit of product publicity.

* F1 cars shouldn't be boringly reliable IMHO.

17. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

Fingers crossed here that Ricciardos' points are reinstated at least after the hearing in Paris ... RedBull seem pretty confident that they did not breach any official rules, so I guess we wait.

This kind of thing always makes the championship feel kinda dirty to me :(

18. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

For me the sound of the engines is the most exciting thing of the whole package...
    Don't care about drs, brakes, ers, etc...
    For me, now they sound like real cars, not like RC cars. Obviously the pitch will be lower due to air restriction (in and out).
    I can accept as exciting a normal aspirated sound like the 3.5 v12 (90's) or the v10 (first 00's) but the v8 were crap (IMHO).
    Now the v6 at low/medium regimes sound much like the old turbo era. At high regimes and full throttle they can't sound like the old days due to different use of fuel (and also different quantity of fuel burned, 198 LT in 1986)

globally the race was very boring (like in the 80's LOL), and nothing new: Alonso 5th, Massa 8th... oh wait. :D

19. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I think yesterday the safety car failed to pickup the leader, then the following lap the leaders all pitted so there there was time wasted sorting everyone out into their correct positions.

It was a better race than I expected partly because the aborted start and the safety car stopped it becoming a fuel saving race. Looking forward to Malaysia!

20. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Gamer

I also like the new sound but its just too smooth with no back fires and over run on deceleration you can barely tell when they come onto boost, the f1 rule makers seem intent on having smooth sounding cars as it didnt take long for the them to kill the cool deceleration sounds that came from the start of the blown diffusers at least wrc hasnt got rid of anti lag yet.