1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Great video they did: "Made form reality"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Even as Assetto Corsa fans, we should be fair enough and give it to Polyphony - they have created an outstanding promotion video for Gran Turismo, and it was great fun to watch. Its 19 minutes long, its good, and it is sly as a fox: the clever part is that it comes clothed as a general racing and car "documentary", touching on Gran Turismo only lightly and sporadically, but mostly focussing on the 24H race on the Nordschleife, the preparation for it and the earlier car developmnent, the GT3 class, the BMW M6, the team, the mood and speciality of the event, the spectators - all presented with spectacular picture material and arranged and edited in a very exciting, enjoyable way.

The Japanese creator of GT comes across very sympathetically, I must say. I like his friendly calmness.

Nice little film they made! Have some fun 20 minutes and enjoy the M6 on the Nordschleife, and the special , unique mood of the 24H! I never felt tempted to go there. Now I do.

Patrik Marek, DaveS78, mESCx and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Great community video summary of the Ratings TR,CN,CC,PC Oct 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Great videos that can help with temperatures research Mar 12, 2017
    Tracks modding Great blender tutorial for road & terrain creation. 11 minute video. Dec 30, 2014
    Screens & Videos A thread for great racing videos, so show us all what you like to watch :) Feb 6, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 12 hr charity race for Great Ormond Street Hospital - hosted by RWB International Sep 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Would be great to do online races with Ratings turned off Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Another great news for Quest 2 users, maybe works to Rift too. May 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Great Sim but is there a way to read out telemetry? May 26, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Great to see VirtualR sim racing website back in full swing May 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mouse controls seem to be working great! Feb 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Great visual of ACC's physics in real time... Jan 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP races are great! Jan 22, 2020

3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

The song at 6:30 onwards... is so chill, I need to know what it is. Shazam won't work on it. :mad:

And that jump at 13:06 by the AMG hot damn. :eek:

mESCx likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Your way of starting the post seems a bit weird to me. Its almost like we wouldnt be able to give another game developer credit because we like AC.

Watching the clip btw.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Is there any info how big the grids are and if multiclass and pitsharing are included? Does GT usually support rain, day/night and pit communications?

I don't get the fuzz gamedevelopers make whenever they got the nordschleife in their game, while they are million miles away from the ability to make somehow accurate races there possible.
    Laserscanning doesn't make it less lame.

Besides Raceroom.

Why now? There are many videos, especially the good of coverage of this years race. :)
    However, there is alot goin on around the track and it can be fun to visit it with a few buddys. I visited it one time - while for sure not to watch the race for 24h. :D

Well, there are many posts... nevermind.

6. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Why so rough?

Smoking tire in slow mo looking so epic. :)

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Nice video. I do like Gran Turismo a lot, I'd be lying if I said it didn't hook me in the past, I really like this approach of sort of trying to make a virtual museum of automotive history with extreme attention to detail for you to experience. GT is definitely an important game series for racing fans. I just can't really stand when they pretend to be an extremely realistic racing simulation, which is basically all the time. They could do so much better. =\

Radiantm3 and LeDude83 like this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Well, if you don't reduce it to the physics and include features you can say the same about several PC-sims, especially AC. Also while they maybe aren't as close as AC, they simulate real physics to a higher or lesser degree.
    As long as someone doesn't own a professional simulator or better races irl I can't take it serious if people get so serious about drawing the line, again especially cause PC sims got also shortcommings. Randomly drawing lines is the same that happened to AC cause of the features.
    However, no matter if its Kunos, Polyphony or any other studio the marketing gibberish is nothing I would base my expections on.
    And besides the coremechanics some maybe also expect a game around it, while that doesn'st necessarly mean that physics or FFB weren't important, which is something people often say, if you ask for a career, better presentation and even the AI.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So I should just accept it as 'marketing' everyone does and not dislike it? Polyphony are the ones who constantly imply they have a realistic simulation, always work with racing teams, they sponsor big racing events, they have GT Academy and now the FIA licence and the end result they have to show is... mediocre physics simulation. Polyphony is pretentious. I like the game for what it is, I love the basic idea behind it, I have great memories of it in the past, but I really dislike their attitude. And I didn't talk about the game itself, career, presentation and AI have nothing to do with this video.

mister dog, Freddie Seng and LeDude83 like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You are absolutely right. I also loved GT back in the day...2 and 4 were my favourites and I'd certainly get some enjoyment from current titles, too. But claiming that they have a very realistic physics is indeed a bit of a stretch.
    It's still no surprise that they do it this way because...what else should they say? "Our physics are alright you know...but it's not our main focus." ;-)
    I wouldn't say I "dislike" the marketing strategy but I give it a "knowing smile" and move on to AC :p

Freddie Seng likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's just my harsh opinion about this. You don't need to accept it and you don't need to defend Polyphony. I like this video, I do have great respect for what Polyphony has done with the games in the past if I take the games for what they are, I've played every Gran Turismo up to GT5 until my PS3 broke and I didn't bother to buy a new console, I still might give GT Sport a go as well because I do want to see what they do with the game. I just expressed my opinion on the impression that company's marketing and attitude gives me in general.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I did not wish to start a debate about Gran Turismo, I do not even plan to get it. I just think this is a pretty cool, well-edited and entertainingly presented movie. My interest in it is more based on the video presentation, the M6, and the mood of the event. After watching it, I had a high for the remains of the hour.

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I more thought about Kunos. ;) GT can be expected to be their main rival on console.

Thats why I again remind of that I did not intend to start a GT-debate here. I'm only about a cool movie.

dodge33cymru and kofotsjanne like this.
  14. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I also expected to see a bs marketing video for GT but in fact it talks much more about racing than anything else and it's great to see. I went there twice for the 24-hour race and the place is... It's impossible to describe, I just froze solid just looking and hearing all these cars in the first minutes and the surroundings, oh my... It's absolutely unique. Also met Kaz and had the chance to take a picture with him :) Anyway, I recommend everyone living in Europe to get there at least once, it's really worth it!

ZethGAF likes this.
  15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I still need to get to the 24h, been at plenty VLN races, though. Maybe next year, after finishing with university.

Clip was pretty well made in my opinion, not a lot about GT itself, but a good catch on the VLN/24h spirit.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have a soft spot for BMWs, I think. That M6 really looks nice, I like the size of the car. In AC, M4, M1, M235i and M3 are amongst my most driven cars, in this order. I think Aris for some reason outdid himself on these, to me they are amongst the by far most convicnign cars in AC, also, they meet my skill level nicely, especially the M4.

Just the Z4 GT3 I do not like. I think the car must be called "ugly".

Tibalotte likes this.
  17. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

We'll never be friends.

Radiantm3 and Mr.Mugel like this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This is among the most pretentious stuff I've ever seen. Congrats to the marketing department. Goebbels Erben...

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Adopting such a tone says more about you than about me.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Indeed, it does ;):)

21. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Oh you clever rightous Dick. In the past, some people complained about threads mentioning or describing other race titles, and that is the reason why I said what I said: to signal what the intention is for mentioning GT, and a signal to Kunos thay there is no intention at all to start a GT "advert campaign", and that nothing gets lost for AC when we recognises an achievement of a competing title. If that is enough to make you offend other people by linking them to claims that they are Nazis, then you are the rascal here, not me.