1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Great video they did: "Made form reality"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:)
    First of all, look above :)

My reference to Goebbels/Nazi propaganda wasn't aimed at your personal integrity/posting/whatever, but at the way products/ideas are introduced and shown off in public. Take your research here, you'll find it's intriguingly similar ;)

And that said I personally find that GT vid a shame. But here we go....have a nice evening.

2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

First you quote my initial text in full length - and then you say your reply to it is not directed at it?

Implausible.

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

?
    My post was obviously aimed at the GT advertisement video you posted in that post.

Being evasive here? ;)

4. plaid

plaid Alien

@Skybird
    His statement shouldn't be worth a reply.

And after runnin the Nordschleife successfully with 60 cars and 4GB ram I think every game or sim that doesn't support grids with 60 cars or more and multiclass should remove the Nordschleife.
    Its pretty pretentious to include it, when you can't race it properly. :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am no telepath, smarty, I neither can nor wish to read your mind. To express your opinion properly and make sure it finds the correct address, is your responsibility, not that of the others. Next time quote only what you wish to reply to - the video, in this case. If you quote my full text instead, you obviously address your reply to it, and that means in this case: to me.

And even if you meant the video from beginning on - what I still do not buy - it still would be very bad style to bash down on it with the Nazi club.

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I sometimes do it with 48 or 60 cars in RR. In theory 99 is possible, but my system bogs down with that number. :)

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

The sad thing is that for some people that's true

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

On what game/sim?

9. plaid

plaid Alien

In Raceroom you can run up to 99 cars on the Nordschleife and Spa, while other tracks have much more than 24 slots, too. While with 99 cars at least with AI cars you probably need a better CPU than me.

As far as I know you can do that in RF2 too, at least in theory.Thats why I consider to give it a try, but the presentation is as or even poorer than AC's which makes offlineracing pretty dull.
    But you have giant grids and all the necessary features.
    I just don't know how good the GT3's mods are.

Maybe AMS too, afterall its old and based on the ISI engine.:confused:

Yeah and its the same in every other board/about every other sim. While its not as worse as with more popular games/boads, it makes it pretty annoying to talk about other games and weaknesses of peoples favourite games.
    For offline racing I enjoy R3E the most and I have no reason to be upset if someone critisizes R3E or even says it would be crap. Who cares?! :D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I've seen some people say that other sims run simplified physics for the AI so that you can run larger grids. Is that true or they just allow for larger grids because their physics are simpler overall?
    If there is such thing, I'd like to see it as an option on AC so I wouldn't bee limited to 10 car grids on my low-end pc.

11. plaid

plaid Alien

I assume so, while I see no disadvantages if you can't see a difference.

I can run 24 cars but would like to see bigger grinds in AC, but its probably a giant amount of work to develop another physicsmode l for the AI even if its far simpler and for whatever reason they decided to follow this route and with all the frequently requested features missing in AC, I assume its highly unlikely that it will change.
    But maybe it isn't your CPU but the avaible memory of your RAM or GPU?

If you don't want to upgrade your PC you maybe can buy a more ressourcefriendly sim. I wasn't so happy with the physics/FFB of R3E first, but after some settings changes I got used to it and its fun. Best physics don't help if the experiences is lacking in several important areas imo.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That is true, to my best knowledge, but I know that also only by having read it, though repeatedly over time. And honestly said, during the race I see no differences between how the AI car drives in Ac and how it drives in RR, I mean regarding physics and what the AI makes of them. I think since long time that AC probably throws away too much CPU resources there for too little gains, I too would prefer to see these resources redirected to bigger car fields on long tracks like the Nordschleife, or the LeMans mod track.

In replay however you sometimes get the impression and see something that tells you that this car was not driven by a human, but the AI, but I often tend to associate that with something in the physics, but I cannot tell with certainty. But again: during racing, I could not care less for these most subtle differences. I simply have no time left to become aware of them. An advantage over the player the AI in RR does not get gain by using simplified physics. And that is what counts.

The AI itself however is good in both sims, but quite different from each other. The event is more "confused" - in a positive way in RR, than in AC, there is more stuff happening.

What it means by the end of the day? Simplified AI-physics are an issue not worth to worry about. Its not as if this were NFS4 or something like that.

13. Can a car racing game that doesn't simulate air pressure in the tires even be a sim?

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I do have AMS and rF2, but I just don't feel like playing them. The UI seems too complicated, I can't even set the driver eyes position properly on them, so I never played them properly.
    AC is way more simple, and apart from not being able to race against the AI everything works, so I just play online, which apart from the occasional a-hole is pretty good, or practice by myself.

Oh, let's start the sim vs simcade discussion again. I'm sure this time we'll come to a conclusive answer once and for all.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Loving it...
    So much grief going on worldwide, and that much petty fight about nothing.
    Thumbs up.