1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Horizon 3 , best arcade racer ever ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Doing rally car builds and rally off road racing is the best part of the game , currently have galant vr4 , sti and buggy for my off road races.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2. A question guys where do u buy this game from?

3. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

Windows Store

If you don't have Windows 10 with the latest update it isn't accessible to you.

4. oh i see thanks.

5. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I've never been able to drift but now I'm learning out near the Airport, I never thought about rally, I'll look into that, one of my favourite things to do, although a lot of the races are like tarmac ralllies anyway.

6. achristoffer

achristoffer Racer

Guys, I have been playing it for a few days now, and I have to say that I really like the physics. I have only tried the controller so far, so I might change my views once multiple controllers are supported. But so far the cars feel like they have weight, the tire grip doesn´t feel unrealistically high on tarmac or dirt, you can play with the weight of the cars etc.

I will reserve my final judgement until I have played it with a wheel, but this game has done "simcade" better than any other before. Sure the crashing through things is not very realistic, and you would brake most suspensions after a couple of jumps, but I can see how they had to cut some corners for gameplay reasons.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

XBox controller is done beautifully, loss of grip, spinning tires, gear change, driving surface, bumps, jumps, all superbly translates via vibration. Never thought using gamepad can be so immersive.

ShimonART likes this.
  8. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I dont know whats going on whether they've updated somefhing or what, but for some reason the wheel feels a lot better now than at the start. Each car has its own feeling and the dirt roads are feeling better.

I hadnt played with the Xbox controller before, but I've got to admit they've also done a good job on that. The feeling of speed is also very good in the game almost too good, if you get in a fast car you certainly feel like you're going fast.

9. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I've only just started using it , I was very surprised at the feeling, now when I want to drive from the comfort of my armchair I can use the controller.

I'll bet your 7 year old son is not getting much of a look in.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  10. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

For me, the FFB and general feeling isn't very good. That doesn't mean the physics being what they are, are bad. In fact, for a game like this, the physics themselves are top notch. Above and beyond ALL other free roam driving games for me.
    However, the FFB just doesn't seem right to me. I have a strong feeling that it's not the game, but the support for my wheel. It seems TX based wheels have really good FFB specifically. Opposite lock FFB just doesn't do anything for me, it feels like extreme damper, masked by vibration. Horizon 3 feels like a game you KNOW is really good, but is hindered heavily by uncontrolled aspects. Once these things are worked out (especially multiple controllers/individual gear mapping) it'll be fantastic.

I just wish there was a way to smoothly transition doing an online race in AC into just plain driving off Bathurst into the Horizon world :D I mean literally, without exiting a game or anything. The dream...

Some reviewed the rain (early access or xbox version demo) as being too easy compared to other titles (only ones I can think of are pCARS and rFactor 2 atm). Personally I don't find this to be true. In fact, everything feels better when it's wet! At least for me....too easy? maybe plausible, but if it was as hard as rF2 with heavy rain, I wouldn't even be able to do anything lol...

All in all, I'd give this game closer to "sim" even than "simcade", if only for the game type. It's hard as hell. I mean.....it's just so freaking hard. Maybe not perfectly reasistic in every aspect, but it's hard enough to say....this is why you don't drive 200 mph on the streets, ha.

11. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

For the record, there's a club named "Assetto Corsa" (tag is "ACS") so if you want to challenge some people sharing the same love for AC and quality racing (...), you are free to join.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Are Kunos in it? :D

13. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

cool! I'll look into that. My tag is DJSalajutsu if you want to friend me....friend me for cruising too!!!

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

The game is a blast, must retract my previous comment on wasting $100, it's worth every penny.
    Physics in races is actually pretty good, like very good simcade.
    The bad one is when you go into exploration mode, where there literally no limits, you can drive anywhere in anything, no boundaries. :)
    Beautiful country, beautiful game. Two thumbs up! :D

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

?!? What a 180 :-D
    I don't care too much about the physics in this game. I only want the looks. I saw the pictures of the monuments I visited years ago and the suburban areas that looked just like the place where I stayed...it will take me back there a little bit.
    Will wait for a good deal though.

16. Theobris

Theobris Racer

The physics aren't too bad especially on the Xbox, I have driven old Ford Falcons and Holdens, I can tell you from experience they feel amazingly similar to what I can remember especially the big old Falcons, a smooth powerful rolly sort of a ride, where the Holdens were hard and fast.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I wouldn't take it as far as comparing physics to real cars, esp. since with platform limitation (single controller support) I can only use XBox controller with it, but physics (when racing) is perhaps more closer to Grid 2 than to recent NFS titles.
    But you don't buy games like this because of the physics, still nice to have something at least remotely reminding thing on four wheels and not a hovercraft.

18. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Yeah well I seem to remember you saying a lot of things, like a waste of money etc, I'm using a G920 and I'm telling you again that the physics are pretty good with a wheel, I know what these cars felt like especially the Falcons. Nearly all the cars have a different feel both in acceleration and braking and general driving. Im amazed as well I didn't think it would be this good, but it is.

Oh, and the hovercraft uhm drone feels pretty good too .

19. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I had problems wit the game nor recognicing the Wheel if you start upp the game with mouse and k-board.
    Unplugg the mouse and put the XBOX controler in the same USB you hade the mouse and se what happens.

20. fabT

fabT Alien

So we really need 2 different Forza Horizon threads here?

Same author by the way ...