1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Horizon 3 , best arcade racer ever ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i think they just use default rig setups.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

Meh, looks like another generic driving game with better graphics and an up to date sound track.

I just can't get into most big budget games these days. I like them on the first day, but I gradually get bored and lose interest. It feels like they're more worried about the presentation than the basics of the game play. Maybe I'm just getting old, things were better in my day and so on..

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Next and better than last NFS, this is what it is essentially.
    Something to blow off some steam.
    Controller support sucks though :(, I wish I could drive it with my OSW, Fanatec shifter, and HE Pedals. None of these work with this game.
    Why make PC platform more like XBox and not the other way around. Stupid move on MS side.

WNCmotard likes this.
  4. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Hopefully all your wishes about controllers will come true, apparently they are going to do more with controllers and wheels, I think MS should understand the PC market they've been at it a long time.
    I suppose I'm lucky I'm a casual racer and have the G920 which works on both, which is why I bought it. Only 9 more days and I'll have the full version, the Demo is a bit limited but the scenery is spot on, I know I come from a land down under.
    Its funny in AC I love driving Formula 1, but here I want beach buggies and anything different. Being able to play my own music while cruising along will be a bit of a plus as well.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I impulse bought the ultimate edition which honestly is the first time ive ever spent over £30 on a game. Honestly have no clue wth i was thinking oh well ill try it and tell you guys how it was.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

From the devs on the FH3 forums.

The list of currently supported PC wheels for Forza Horizon 3:

Thrustmaster T150
    Thrustmaster T500 RS
    Thrustmaster TMX V1
    Thrustmaster TMX V2
    Thrustmaster T300RS
    Thrustmaster TX
    Thrustmaster RGT
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    Logitech G920
    Logitech G929
    Logitech G25
    Logitech G27

Players can use the Logitech G27 and the Thrustmaster TX (and some TX variants, like the new Leather Edition), but these wheels have some limitations with their functionality in-game. While these wheels work on default or custom wheel settings, button mapping and force feedback are not properly recognized. These issues will be addressed in an upcoming update for Forza Horizon 3. In addition, there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex.

8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Initial impressions after 2.5hours of gameplay, well closer to 2 hours.

48gb download, some people had problems with downloading it, im on a university connection so I think my hdd write speed bottlenecked it.

Loaded it up, hit it to ultra(defaults to 4k for anyone with over 3gb vram so watch it) and went about my day.

For the most part it stayed above 60fps on my specs, there was barely any drops, it was noticeable in the rain but what can you expect from a pc that is at the recommended specs. With some tweaking id likely hit 60fps at all the time.

I've encountered zero glitches in game so far(menus drop frames though).

The dlc thing with the ultimate edition works fine people are just being silly or not using common sense, the car store doesnt open for about an hour of gameplay and during that period in time you cant access any dlc cars or store in general its pretty much the demo area. Afterthat everything was fine.

Single glitch which causes a crash to desktop is if you attempt to purchase the treasure map which is meant to show all icons on the map without discovering them and then try to cancel that purchase it panics and crashes.

Other then that small note it is flawless, works great with my dual shock 4.

FFB with the T300RS felt a bit mushy or in-precise, its improved over Apex but still needs work but as its my chill game ill stick with the controller.

Custom user created skins take a silly amount of time to firstly show up and then download and install on the car, i timed it and then timed the same process for assetto corsa and i downloaded a skin for the maserati GT4, installed it, started assetto corsa and loaded into a track quicker then forza.

Sounds are good but not realistic in the slightest, the radio unlocking feature is silly, too many dude bro radios afterthat and then Bach, blimmin Bach.

All in all I think its a pretty nice port.

Should you pay £80? No, do what I did and join a formula student team and get some free keys
    -----------------------------------------------------------

On a side note about the problems many have faced.

DLC problem isnt a problem just play the game and you get your cars after.

Crashes is due to windows not being updated.

Graphical hitching or stuttering is due to the nvidia drivers not being updated, not sure about amd yet.

If you have problems head over to the forza subreddit because a metric ton of people with problems which have been solved by simple solutions.

9. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I've got the Ultimate Edition, no problems downloading no problems with graphics and I've only got a GTX960, I can run it on high, but medium seems good enough for me, even on Ultra, I can get over 40fps.

The only problem so far has been getting the steering right and the amount of FFB, pretty much the same problems I had with AC for a very long time. Between the Logitech profiler and setting things in game I'm having a pretty good experience

For me so far its the best money I've ever spent on a game, well besides Doom that is.

But I dont expect too many people on here to agree with how I feel about the game, but hey to each his own. I like driving along beaches and under waterfalls and the rain starting in the middle of a sunny day.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks guys, no go for my OSW wheel, but sure my boys will love it with gamepad. :)

11. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Dont buy it, I hate it, I cant stop playing it, its habit forming. All they need is Mount Panorama and Im totally gone.

12. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I think your the only human on this planet that dodnt have issues then , do you have your VIP dlc all of those stuff you get with ultimate and preorder?
    I preloaded it overnight and can't even get it to launch , instant crash .

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

13. Theobris

Theobris Racer

It's no good complaining on here, complain on a forza forum. If you look on the right forums you'll find there are many many happy people playing H3, okay there are quite a few with issues, some have been fixed, some people dont have a powerful enough PC, even some with GTX1080 had problems, but its usually drivers or updates. AC had the same problems going to Consoles.

14. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Anyone having problems with the wheelsupport on the PC version?
    When I try to set upp my Wheel on the default gameprofiler (G29)
    it cant save it and a message pops upp that says a Wheel have to be the Active
    Control.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Wow, imagine all these gorgeous open roads with AC physics.
    :D

16. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Yes that sounds good but I got to thinking yesterday that with all the offroad stuff and crashing through barriers and huge jumps it'd play havoc on wheels and arms. Maybe it needs a system where it can sense sealed roads and push the ffb up a bit and then when it gets off them tone it down a bit.

Those roads are gorgeous allright especially when the sun starts going down while you're driving along its very hard to believe you're not actually driving around Australia. Surfers Paradise looks pretty authentic they've even got the new tram tracks, I wish they had the authentic women though.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  17. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I've got the G920 and haven't had those problems, have a look on the Forza forums, there are quite a few people having problems with wheels and other things.

18. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Yes I have tried there to. Got one tip to uncheck forza 6 apex in the security settings ( it works in forza apex) and try with the default wheel ( not G29). Will try that later today. Cant wait to play this with a wheel!

19. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Don't get too hooked, its like a drug just cruising along the highways and through Surfers Paradise, I only live about an hour up the road, I spent a lot of my youth surfing around there, they dont call it Paradise for nothing.

20. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

I can't stand the driving through water and offroading super cars crap.