1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Horizon 3 , best arcade racer ever ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Downloading right now, thank goodness it's only 18gb, that's on top of 45gb for the full version. It wouldn't download on my PC yet so I had to clear some space on the Xbox.
    Later on today I'll have to unhook my Xbox from the TV and hook it up to my monitor with the wheel to see how it all goes.

2. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Looks pretty realistic and it's fun to drive, even with an Elite controller, can't wait to try the wheel. Oh darn it's not a sim maybe I shouldn't be playing it.
    Can't wait to get to Byron Bay, I was nearly eaten by a shark there many years ago when I was a crazy surfer.

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

No, with 360/xbone they don't use direct input, controllers use X input (still named after directx I guess, just the other part). The Win 10 store is X input only, does not support direct input devices. Mostly this is so they can say "push A to start" and all supported controllers will have a real A button. So no G25/G27/DFGT since they have playstation/random red buttons and I guess DD/OSW would need to write an xinput driver.

dermonty likes this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

I hope the leaf blowing and bird flight physics carry over from Forza Apex to Horizon. ;):p

5. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

Guys, is this game about controllers? Forza Horizon is for fun! For all car lovers. It is a great lookin playground. Where you can drive the greatest cars with no mind about collisions, reality of car reaction and so on. Forza Horizon is like Need For Speed but for more demanding and adult users. What are you talking about here? For me Forza Horizon is the best arcade for car lovers I ever seen. Devs give all what they have to create something remakable. I love that game but I will never put them in the same line as Assetto Corsa or Project CARS...
    Driving wheel or controller? Who cares! Hop in the multi milion dollars car and enjoy your fun!

ShimonART likes this.
  6. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Mentioning fun on here is like mentioning Samsung on an Apple forum, unfortunately a lot of people drink that Koolaid. I've just spent an hour on the Demo, beats going around and round in circles all day everyday. Driving on the beach in the water over dirt tracks, realistic graphics, what's there to hate.
    But then again to some people driving around in circles all day is fun, look at that best Alien ever, he looks like he's never done anything else.

mistery likes this.
  7. Orne

Orne Alien

Why are you in a simulator forum attempting to convince everyone how great an arcade racing game is ? Why not talk up Forza Horizon at their forum? :confused::rolleyes:o_O I think you wish you were a better driver in Assetto Corsa but you probably dont wanna spend the time getting better (its all about practice). So instead you'd rather talk up the "fun" aspect of another racing game with the absurd assumption that people here aren't having fun in Assetto Corsa. Horizon looks mildly entertaining but you won't catch me at the Forza Horizon 3 main forum talking up the realistic driving aspects of Assetto Corsa and disparaging others because they choose to drive Forza Horizon instead.

I would love an open world driving simulator with realistic physics and even though Horizon is lacking that I will still check out the demo when its released

If you like it, drive it. Just beware that wrapping your self esteem up in a computer game is a pointless endeavor.

8. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

There is still hope, this was posted on the simXperience forum: :)

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  9. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Did you notice I didnt start the thread and also this is the chitchat room, I'm chitchatting about another game, I've seen plenty of people do that on here. You're absolutely right, theres no way I'll ever spend enough time on Assetto or any game for that matter, to become the best there is, I get bored too easily.
    You say you would love an open world driving simulator, well you're never going to get that by driving around in circles all day everyday, you need to buy the game with potential so that the developers can afford to keep breaking the boundaries.
    I still like AC but I need other things to keep me occupied.

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I don´t mind such a game, i might try the demo, but personally I can´t understand why you´d want to play it with a high tech wheel? If I try it on PC, I´ll use the keyboard as I´ve allways done for arcade / fun racers. I couldn´t manage driving those with my G25, same as I have more of a hard time using the planes in the Battlefield series with a joystick than using them with keyboard. It might be that I don´t expect realistic behavior when using keyboard, so I don´t have to thing back and forth about how the car will react...

But still, to each his own, main thing is enjoying the way you spend your time.

Mogster and Yatzeck like this.
  11. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

Theobris, try to read carefully please: " I love that game but I will never put them in the same line as Assetto Corsa or Project CARS..." did you understand what I mean? Did you ever try with your car, in full speed, drive out of the road throgh the ditch in to the field? So do this in Forza Horizon! But never try to do this in Assetto Corsa or Project CARS there is another kind of fun!

12. Theobris

Theobris Racer

The G920 is not that high tech, its a wheel yes, driving with a keyboard is so out of date its not funny, joysticks are better for driving and flying, but yeah wheels are the best, whether for fun or for real. But like you say, if you're enjoying it who cares, some people are better on controllers than those on wheels, not me. In Horizon today I came last with a controller and first with the wheel in a couple of races.

13. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

tdu1 drove great with a logitech momo and g25, still the best arcade driving game to date.

Gevatter and Yatzeck like this.
  14. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I know exactly what you mean, but theres a lot of people on here that don't.

Yatzeck likes this.
  15. Orne

Orne Alien

How old are you ?

16. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

^ What next ? My dad is bigger than your dad ? ^

17. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Well pc users are screwd because the demo will be after the game will launch.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

18. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

The problem is that historically they have proven that they not only do not care about breaking boundaries, but each iteration of the Forza series gets a bit worse as far as game play is concerned. Why? Because they know that millions will simply blindly buy it no matter what, bugs and all, so what motivation do they have to fix the issues when they're too busy collecting people's money? But hey, look how pretty that 60fps tire smoke is! For reference, I've owned every Forza game since the original except Forza 5. I own Horizon 2, and it had a lot of potential, but the bugs and half baked wheel support ruin it for me. If you don't want to support wheel setups, then that's fine by me, there's nothing wrong with playing arcade games with a gamepad. But don't claim to have wheel support, when it's severely lacking and terrible.

Yatzeck likes this.
  19. pls have proper wheel support, my mismatched rig would appreciate it.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Nah, that's for kids. Machos say "mine is bigger than yours". :)

Jim Layhee likes this.