1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I must admit it's starting to grate....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris 576, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I mean my lack of ability to stop a slide or tank slapper and end up pointing the wrong way down the track, even when I only have 10 ltrs of fuel.
    Surely the physics must be wrong somewhere along the way when going onto a kerb or astro strip at 20/30kmh sends you into a spin or slide and you cannot do anything about it, either power out or lifting off has absolutely no effect, you are just a passenger, then the pathetic penalty system kicks in giving multiple penalties for the same 'mistake' while you are trying to get back on the black stuff..

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have over 200hrs so far, but this simple (and basic) part is starting to really pi$$ me off

Noremac258 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ford Mustang - Left Mirror Reversed May 10, 2024
    ACC Tools Download here: Ford Mustang Dashboard for SimHub May 9, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mustang GT3 windshield banner not visible from inside May 8, 2024
    ACC Physics Mustang GT3 Brake Bias Telemetry May 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Mustang GT3 May 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Pessio Mustard Bull SCCA Trans Am Apr 28, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Ford Mustang night in AOR (Saturday 20th March) Mar 16, 2021
    ACC General Discussions No Mustang No Buy Jun 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT world challenge America DLC is a MUST Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Can't really tell what happened here, but must have to do with the curbs? Oct 12, 2018
    General modding discussion Must have MODs? Jul 5, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues All racers must have some modules Jun 19, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions SOUTH AMERICAN RIDERS - We Must Join Apr 24, 2017
    Bug reports Ford Mustang GT Shadow Bug Mar 31, 2017

3. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

could you record it pls? I can drive without problems and still use a gamepad ;)

4. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Practice drifting and you;ll learn how to beat tank slappers as an added bonus ;) I had a ton of problems with them initially, but not any more. ALthough I did switch from a slow DFP to g27, with DFP and its slow FF that got in the way I really struggled to make lightning quick corrections, with g27 it is now natural. But wheel alone is not enough of course.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Joao Alves likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Which cars are you driving?

It's easy to spin a powerful car, even at very low speeds. There are hundreds of embarrassing Youtube videos, I actually think AC models this quite well.

Auranapse, claudiopolez and Horus like this.
  6. Gusztav

Gusztav Gamer

Not a lot of info given. I can understand your frustration and all, but "I'm having low speed/low fuel tank slappers... kerb physics must be wrong" kind of thing won't bring us much further. :)

7. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

I'm with @claudiopolez. When early access first came out back in November, one of the first things I felt the need to do is learn to drift. Even if you only learn to deal with slides that would happen in a race, and not so much drifting on purpose like I did, its still enough. I've caught some mighty big tank slappers even with a lot of fuel.

Also, TONS of work dialing in the FFB just right made a huge difference. 100% worth the time.

EzyEllis likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Any input lag will make it harder to control a car at the limit so look into reducing this. Also I really doubt your doing this at 20 to 30kmh as I cant think of any corner id take under 60 and this would be the hairpin at vallelunga.

Look at the replay with pedals overlay app and speed to see what speed your actually doing and how your applying throttle. Full throttle with lots of wheel lock at any speed will pretty much guarantee a spin so if you do this and spin dont be surprised. On a surface with less traction you will spin with less lock and less throttle so try stay on the black stuff too.

9. M4cgyv3r

M4cgyv3r Rookie

Tire wear ??? If your tires are shot you will spin.

10. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

I could recover from spins when I used a gamepad.. because you can quickly go to max left-right steering. Turning the wheel all the way around quick enough to recover from a spin is tough.
    Sometimes I get halfway.. but cant get the wheel around the other way in time!

11. M4cgyv3r

M4cgyv3r Rookie

Duplicate.

12. justDrive

justDrive Racer

It's a sim, as much as it feels right in some ways, other situations will never be even remotely close to real world driving and racing.

13. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

AC is literally the most realistic game in terms of behaviour when sideways I've ever played. Like real life, its extremely simple to correct 90% of slides. Something is wrong your end. Post replays.

14. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I have a problem with the Mclaren GT3. Hitting the curb (some) will make the car
    lose Control and spin. Problably a set upp thing but annoying.

15. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

That's just a characteristic of the car. Setups, setups, setups!

16. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Every car has to be driven differently. One car can be very good on one aspect but is less good at another one which could be totaly the other way around for another car.
    Change your driving style to the car you're driving and get the right setups (ask other people, experiment for yourself, ...) Also know what kerbs you can take and which ones you can't since most kerbs have different heights.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Catching slides takes practice, not just in the amount of correction but, also the duration. Anticipating the momentum shift and bite at just the right moment is crucial. Having your controller setup properly can improve your odds greatly. Limitations with the type of controller and speed of the wheel also can lead to difficulty in recovery.

18. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

cry baby springs too mind

19. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

Display lag will hurt you badly. What monitor do you have?

Tank slappers could also mean you're holding the countersteer too long. Try just giving quick jabs of countersteering rather than holding it.

20. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

Hey guys, in many circumstances putting a rear tire on a kerb under WOT will spin you, this kills people IRL, the issue is actually well simulated. Youtube tank slappers and PM the drivers "why couldn't you correct that man?!?!? physics must be off!"

Fun reference, this dude drove into the slide (and into the grass) to avoid the inevitable, and then he gave it ALL to keep it straight (0:33 seconds):

Are we working at least as hard to control the car..?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    TrenchcoatNinja likes this.
  21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The guy is so excited about his save because it was so easy I think. ;)

Here are some more instances where the game physics failed, or is it maybe a drivers interpretation of the physics that has failed?

I call this gran tourismo syndrome, guy drives the nords on GT then thinks he is a proper driver.

Goes to real track with shiny new car only to find the physics in this car suck and so he hits the wall. Goes back home to GT and realizes these physics are so much better then the real car he had which had obvious physics bugs.