1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I must admit it's starting to grate....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris 576, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

First off, that last crash made me cringe a lot :eek:. And second, open servers at the Nordschleife are going to be so much fun come September.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Bring on september, would love a couple open servers no race just practice with all street legal cars on one then race cars on the other.

I can already imagine the mayhem on day 1 online at the nords, there is enough mayhem on the real track and most drivers there are being cautious trying not to wreck their cars. Imagine in AC when nobody gives a puck if they wreck 1000 cars. Im not big on steam achievements but would love a stat kept for all players, average kilometers per impact at the nords. I think many wouldnt average more then a quarter of a lap.

That last crash was nasty but got to love the extremely delayed reaction by the cameraman. :D

3. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

When i first turned stability control all the way off i was thinking the same as you but now 2 months later i find it easy to correct the cars when it starts to slide but you must be verry verry quick to do so and dont wait for ffb to tell you that you are sliding, just pay atention and be quick.
    The only thing i can`t do in AC is hold a drift for long but then drifitng was never my point in this game so i didnt try to much, i`m here to kill any drift start on a track hehe :D.

4. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Not a god video to display my experience. The guy is leaving track going in to the grass....
    The thing about the Mclaren is the backend loses traction completly and there is no way to correct
    becouse the traction is not simply there to be saved. Wery curbsensitive car!! Tryed to increase downforce
    soften springs and reduce camber but havent solved it. I dont know if theres flawed physics or not but the
    iracing Mclaren after the last uppdate, that car got wery curbsensitive also. In iracing I Think it can be solved
    with some set upp Changes. In Asetto I dont know if it can be solved, maybe you just have to avoid the curbs and
    in that case I would suggest the physics in that car is a Little flawed compared to the other GT3 cars.

5. Berry

Berry Alien

The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 in my oppinion is tricky, the car needs very precise throttle applied to it to stabilise it properly, for example, on Silverstone, on the high speed parts, if you lift-off too much it will go into oversteer, the effect is further enhanced by the fact that you're hitting a curb.Make sure this isn't happening, after driving around more with the car I've found it isn't really that bad to control, and actually prefer it to the Z4 GT3:).

6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Same for me, I loved the Z4 GT3 and in the beginning I was struggling a lot with the McLaren GT3 but now it's my favorite car. It just drives a lot different than the Z4 GT3 which made it hard in the beginning.

7. FlatOut_442

FlatOut_442 Rookie

If I do that in this game, I will get a 5 second penalty, spin and get run over.

Yeah that McLaren gets real squirrely if it gets upset. It gets really frustrating when you see an AI car in front of you go to two wheels and catch it, but if I hit a corner wrong, its spin city

8. xrider55

xrider55 Racer

The best tip I can give you is to lower the ffb strength and then it is much easier to save the car when you lose grip or powersliding from a turn....