1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic If Kunos Simulazioni made cars which cars would they make?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Jan 13, 2017.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Time for a lighter look at the current state of Assetto Corsa v1.11 on Console. Yes, this is feedback for the team with the aim being to make the points in a reasonable and humorous way. Switch your sense of humour.

My question to you is: if Kunos Simulazioni manufactured cars rather than simulations which car company would they be or which specific model would they make?

We all know there is plenty of good humour about Britsih, Italian, American, and just about any other nationality of cars. Which make/car makes the best comparison to Assetto Corsa for you?

For me, if Kunos made cars they'd make the Lotus Elise, great to drive but a true labour of love to own. I'm making my comparison based on the Xbox One version of the game.

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious
    [​IMG]
    Handling from the gods. First the good news. Both Lotus and Assetto Corsa both share exquisite handling and steering feedback. In this area, they are both unparalleled. They are both small companies making hand-built products, by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

From there, unfortunately, things take a turn for the worse for both the car and the simulation.

Hesitation in the engine map. Just as the Elise has a stutter in the engine map at the top of 3rd gear, described as an endearing feature by the engineers, so AC has slow corner stutter especially in the hotter weather in Barcelona.

Looks familiar? Mind the panel gap
    [​IMG]
    The 'classic' Elise styling mirrors the graphics in AC on the consoles and shows similar signs of ageing not so well. The panel gaps on the Elise and Black Cataract County make a good match for each other. Those trees in the background of the picture look remarkably 3d and lifelike too.

We've run out of buttons! What do they all do again?
    [​IMG]
    Just as on this Lotus dashboard AC on Xbox One wheels has used up all the available buttons but we are still missing buttons for features that we actually need.

Customer service. While Lotus customer service is lacking somewhat they never actually went as far as calling me or other paying customers a goat. They did fleece me from time to time though so the comparison stands once more. Though it's fair to say the leaders of both companies have had some interesting public relations moments.

Just like the console version of AC then?
    [​IMG]

And for comparison:

https://pretendracecars.net/2017/01/10/another-year-another-stefano-meltdown/

Plays well with friends. Any track, any car, anytime in the real car...

Well, the real Lotus does...amazingly the real car can be used on any track at any time with your own choice of friends. At this point real life and AC differ wildly, AC offering only fixed tracks and a set number of each car - more limited even than the most limited Lotus special edition. AC Multiplayer is like taking your Lotus to the track with a couple of friends only to find out that the local Vauxhall Corsa Max Power club and a couple of drift wannabees have also booked the track for the same time.
    [​IMG]
    As sure as eggs are eggs if you don't like this Elise Special Edition there will be another one along SOON, what a shame we can't be certain about private lobbies on the consoles.

Wonderful to drive, woeful to own. Few others get close to the driving experience and both the Lotus and AC remain better for a quick drive than they are to own. Ownership of both requires dedication and willingness to look beyond a lot of faults that others will see. You'll be assured that you made the purist choice but the fact is there are other cars and simulations that offer as much fun for the same cost. Occasionally your conscience will nag you that there are better choices. Like a true Lotus and AC fan, you won't listen because never mind the lack of quality you just like the feel.

Over to you chaps, which car would Kunos make and why?

Maxx69 and liakjim like this.

2. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Well, I would expect the obvious answer is TVR, but that might be too cruel to the Devs. They are trying to get thins added in.

paul_wev and MBK72 like this.
  3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

LOL, TVR is not harsh at all. I would indeed love to have a Sagaris over here, thing looks mental. xD

I'd say Lancia Beta

[​IMG]

The product of an eccentric Italian company, which looks sweet, comes in a lot of configurations, drives great, has a charismatic character all around despite being full of rust. :p
    Pls no banerino, jkjk

MBK72 likes this.
  4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Yeah pretty much TVR or some italian version. Thing about it, its a fantastic car, does things others would dream of, everyone questions why you arent using a popular brand like bmw or mercedes. every now and then think maybe i should have got a bmw then i wouldnt have these problems here here and here then i would have assists but then you try and bmw and you find out that what you have is so much better and even with its problems you love it.

Mclaren might another answer, they made a beast many years ago and boom all of a sudden a call to arms, mcalren is back and its already trading blows with the best that the industry can offer, think about it before the mp412c you wouldnt imagine they would have one if not the fastest of the hybrid hypercars

MBK72 likes this.
  5. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I always liked the Scorpion (or Monte Carlo for the rest of the world) from Lancia. My dad was in an Italian sports car club back in the day, but it wasn't really rich folks, so it was all Fiats, Lancias and Alfas. The Beta was definitely the most underwhelming of the Lancias in US emissions Spec form (and as a sedan/coupe rather than the hatch version shown.

I imagine the Fiat 850 would fit the bill as eccentric and quirky, yet totally Italian. Heck, dad got a hold of a beat up 1981 Super Brava (131) with the Fuel Injected Motor and 5-speed and that was was a blast once we tapped the worn out shocks and refilled them without our own blend of oil to stiffen them up a good bit. then there was the 1972 128 2dr notchback. Come to think of it, AC is really quite quirky in an Italian way like all those old Fiats.

MBK72 likes this.
  6. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

assetto.jpg

has to be a british leyland princess promise us good but the build work is that poor and was allways faults as well with it

Maxx69 and MBK72 like this.
  7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I was waiting for the Italian marques to make an appearance I was sorely tempted to say Alfa after The Grand Tour comment from a couple of weeks ago:

"Alfa Romeo, purveyors of disappointment for nearly three decades." James May, The Grand Tour, 2016

8. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

@JMR1985 To be fair, Assetto Corsa have a great physics engine and jut driving it feels nice. Being an American I'm not sure how many British Leyland cars fit that build.

Maybe Jaguar if we are talking British makes (or back to TVR again).

MBK72 likes this.
  9. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

shame jag is now Tata ex ford and TVR is off a russian millionaire gansta boy

or it might be a old alfa nice to look at but fails on you at times

10. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

To be Fair, from my memory, the Alfas were not really much less reliable than the Fiats, certainly no more so than the Lancias. They were certainly a step up from the Fiat 124 Sypder in terms of handling and a bit more power.

Again, as an American, we lost Fiat and Alfa in the 80s and apparently that's when quality really went downhill (per Top Gear at least). Not that the 60s/70s Alfas were reliable, but with regular maintenance they ran fin (much like a motorbike tends to need more maintenance than a car).

MBK72 likes this.
  11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Something like this.
    [​IMG]
    Source: http://www.justcarnews.com/etc-this...e-size-lego-car-is-powered-by-air-wvideo.html

What do you mean, "it rains inside the car?"

But it has an 612 hp eletric engine with kinetic energy recovery systems, utilizing several dozends of iPhones for a range of 600km (or 15 laps at Vallelunga circuit). The smartphones build the underbody and ensure an extremely low CoG while their special arrangement generate up to 80kg downforce at higher speeds. The suspension is highly adjustable, and you can also find adapters that allow the use of almost unlimited rims and tyres. In the cockpit you'll find a short version of a keyboard, that allows you to cycle through the different modes of ABS, TC, ESP, ACC, Autopilot, engine deployment and regeneration modes with some CTRL+key combinations. Additionally you can chose you general operation mode (between "Drift-wet" and "Race-dry") by simply putting the numeric value in an ini file.

You can buy this supercar starting at 13.000 €, but the customers are little satisfied about the price as most addtionally have to buy aftermarket windshields. We don't still don't know if it is road legal somewhere; an interview was aborted after the question if the car has indicators or headlights. A complete bodywork will be added soon.

Rumors say a modified version did the Nordschleife in less than 7 minutes, but to be honest that was on slick tyres and battery storage was upgraded to iPhone7.

MBK72 likes this.
  12. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Talking about this reminds me of the story of the Honda Trail in the US:

Honda was selling the Supercub and doing pretty well in the 60s in California (The Beach Boys even wrote a song about it). Legend goes that the US Sales Manager was going over sales records and saw that one dealer in Boise, ID was selling more Supercubs than a couple of the top Los Angeles area dealers combined. He tracked down the dealership owner Herb Uhl and was shown a subercub fitted with knobbie tires and a cheater sprocket. Herb was selling them to hunters as a way to get into the back country in the pre ATV days. The manager was so impressed that he showed the bike to Honda executives in Japan who immediately had it craed up and sent back to Japan. They took the design and made a few modifications to put it into production as the Trail Cub or Honda Trail 50.

In the end I suppose that is the vehicle we want Kunos to build: A mix of what they already have and what we as customers actually want (Old Herb Uhl was essentially a modder community long before the concept was ever though of).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    MBK72 likes this.
  13. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

pussy assetto.jpg

suits there logo as well it was nice before there tinkered with it and made it awful on some fronts a.k.a fault wise

idiots in lobbys
    the hub when it says player joined and it takes all your rear view mirror ( dont get that in real life )
    track limits
    bugs on the porkas
    etc

MBK72 likes this.
  14. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

MBK72 and mtbwa1 like this.
  15. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Self-explanatory lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Radunje and MBK72 like this.
  16. Snowman38

or because of patchs...

[​IMG]

MBK72 and BrainsBush like this.
  17. Snowman38

how about this one.. Lol

[​IMG]

paul_wev, MBK72 and BrainsBush like this.
  18. Snowman38

depending on the outcome of "what's in store for this game on console"...

[​IMG]

MBK72 likes this.
  19. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

@Snowman38 Not sure if you noticed but that the middle exhaust pipe is just cosmetic. That one is definitely fake

Snowman38 likes this.
  20. Snowman38

How about one for how L. Kunos treats his customers??? eh, @Plato99 ? Lol

[​IMG]

MBK72 likes this.