1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

If m235i racing and m4, then m2?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Robin_NL, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

So it was presented 'today' at midnight, the new BMW M2. F80 M3/M4 shortened chassis. M4 steering wheel. NO M sidemirrors... 370BHP/465Nm(500 overboost) inline biturbo 6, rwd and M limited slip diff. <1500kgs. This recipe whe know from 1M/M4. DCT 7 and 6MT available...

It looks like a M235i on steriods or a shrunk M235i racing. I like it a lot.

Kunos has the power to build this car. M4 + M235i.
    I want to buy one later on and trade in my 1M eventually but for now we just have to do it with this and with Kunos' help it should be possible in future DLC content?

Thanks for reading and sorry to make a thread about one car. But it's the only car like that in its segment and I know Aris etc are into BMW M just like me...;)

BMW stated a 7:58 NS Ringtime, which isn't bad for 370BHP and 1500kgs.

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    baboon likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos XGN Australian League - racing the BMW M235i Dec 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room BMW M235i Racing Performance Book Feb 8, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues BMW M235i racing empty skin folders Apr 1, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Revs simracing usa bmw m235i cup Jan 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Bmw m235i racing aerodynamics Sep 4, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Bmw m235i racing clutch problem Aug 14, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Internal bug in bmw m235i racing Aug 14, 2015
    Liveries Fictional g drive ring sports racing bmw m235i racing Apr 6, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bmw m235i racing material settings Mar 22, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues M235i racing tagged as a2 Mar 21, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bmw m235i racing seat belt not showing up Mar 16, 2015
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa | bmw m235i racing | nordschleife | with a.i | 7:39.0 Mar 16, 2015
    Liveries Bmw m235i racing Jan 22, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Very slow autoclutch with M235i Apr 8, 2017
    Screens & Videos Bmw m235i vs Mclaren mp4-12c gt3 Dec 6, 2016

3. 3300lbs.

Fat.

4. ouvert

ouvert Alien

to be honest, if another BMW I rather have 2002, CLS 3.0, M1, 1800ti .. or even Mini :)
    Those new Ms (aftrer E36 - E39) are boring ..

5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

But streetcar. 1M is same story, but you don't feel the weight irl.

Porsche 918 weighs even more.

And I wouldn't call a 1M boring irl. Not even an M4.
    E90 M3, more or less. E46 not at all boring in real life:)

M235i racing in AC is boring imho. Because it's stuck on the asphalt too much:)

I love the old BMWs as well. But Mini? Come on : FWD....No way.

Cheers
    Robin

witoldinho likes this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

racing Minis (old or new one) on smaller, tighter tracks, door to door was proven to be fun several times in simracing .. just like other FWD (WTCC for example) :)

Bill Wiskins likes this.
  7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I have other ideas about fun in (sim) racing but each to their own:)

Anyway, M2. It shouldn't be to difficult to build?

Cheers
    Robin

8. While yes, this is definitely my time of car (if i could afford it), and its my favourite drivetrain layout (from a design and dynamic perspective), I think it would be more beneficial for a bit more variety of cars in AC.

And i say, yes go for the Mini, give the 500 something to think about.

Brownninja97 likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The old 60s mini has to happen surely, actually where did the 60s Fiat 500 Abarth go to?

10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

You can't call the "spiritual successor of the E30 M3" not fat at 1500 kg. The E30 was sitting at a cool 1100 kg with shorter wheelbase. It's not about acceleration times, it's about agility. It's a car I would like to drive, obviously but it's a shame they make'm so fat these days. I would give up all the creature comforts this thing has to have its weight down to at least 1200kg. That would be a thrilling street car

11. baboon

baboon Alien

I'd prefer a M3 CSL for track use, but I find the M235i and M2 and the new M3/M4 are still great and exciting roadcars for daily use.

Robin_NL likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I was thinking more about old mini to give gta to think something about...:)

garyjpaterson likes this.
  13. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Agreed, but having driven a few E30 M3 irl (streetcars), they're not spectacular in terms of power output. TBH they're slow, frustratingly slow when you look at the agility/handling of the chassis....
    It's all a compromise, that's what //M is all about. And the frontengine rwd layout in a 'compact'car. It's almost 2016.. not 1988 anymore(though the e30 M3 DTM is my 2nd fav car in AC imagine that)

Cheers
    Robin

baboon likes this.
  14. Personally, I just think that BMW's M// lineup is one and the same right now. I don't see what difference it would make to have the M2 when we have the 1M, E92 M3 and the M4. They're all so similar to begin with...

The difference IRL is more the price range than anything else, but what does that matter in a sim ?

mistery likes this.
  15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Yep if you wanna go big you go merc amg, if you wanna go fun you're better off with mx Mazda

16. baboon

baboon Alien

I find the 2-series looks prettier than the 1-series coupé. That's the only reason i'd like to have the M2. From inside the cockpit I think there isn't much difference to the 1M. N54 or N55 engine, that's marginal.

17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Lighter then
    E36m3 3.2
    E46m3
    E92m3
    F82m4

Robin_NL likes this.
  18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I think I have more fun one track and driftdays with my 1M than with an MX5 (which is a great car with a fantastic chassis etc) but that's just me and imho.

Cheers
    Robin

19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

So better go for another Lotus:)

Cheers
    Robin

20. baboon

baboon Alien

I wouldn't say no to this one:
    [​IMG]

LeDude83, St3fan and garyjpaterson like this.
  21. If "another" Lotus is an Esprit V8, sure..... :p