1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

If m235i racing and m4, then m2?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Robin_NL, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Or just Roger Moore's(007) one, flip it @ Zandvoort , over the dunes into the Northsea:)

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Robin

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

ok, so apparently EA made deal with BMW to use M2 for propagation in NFS (like Forza used Ford GT) .. hopefully no more exclusive cars related deals for EA ..

Robin_NL likes this.
  3. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

God that video pissed me off. It's like this car is supposed to be a boy racers' car. Like they are selling exclusively to 25 year olds. Which, I guess they are... But even the looks, it's like a bloody riced up m235i. Which, incidentally I'd have over this any day of the week. Give me stealth, and I'll be happy.

4. SomeLankyGuy

SomeLankyGuy Racer

Slightly off topic from AC related stuff.. but noboby else find it incredible that the new Seat Leon, sub 300bhp FWD 5 door hatch, can do the ring in sub 8 minutes (presumably, as they do a 'sub 8' pack which changes very little)

Does nobody find it incredibly UNimpressive for a 370bhp, M developed, not even released, RWD, 6cyc coupe only does 7:58?

SkunkDoctor likes this.
  5. That's because it's fat.

SomeLankyGuy likes this.
  6. SomeLankyGuy

SomeLankyGuy Racer

I understand why it may be, technical speaking, I just find the car on a whole woefully unimpressive if that statistic is true!

Why the hell would I buy an M2, if cars in classes several below itself can make it look a right mug around a track?

Don't get me wrong this is purely fanboi rage because I love BMW (had 7 in a row) and it depresses me how unimpressed I am with the M2.

7. nanucq

nanucq Racer

7.58 ??? Renault Mégane, Seat Leon or Honda Civic will kick his *** with 4 cylinders ans for à lot less money ???

8. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

The quoted price of $51k looks suspiciously low and I'm not blown away by its 4.3 sec time from 0 to 60 mph.

I have a very tuned-up 228i M Sport and with engine, suspension and exhaust mods its 0 - 60 mph time is 4.8 sec and it's lighter than the M2. All in all, though, the 2-Series is great; they are true driver's cars and the only non-bloated BMWs currently manufactured. They are all -- the 228i, the M235i and no doubt the M2 -- really quick, really nimble and fantastic tuner platforms.

Robin_NL likes this.
  9. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Double post due to lag, pls delete.

10. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I'll get you out of your dream. They were fiited with Sport Cup 2 semis. M2 is fitted with all weather Supersports.

And I give you this:
    IF German carmag Sportauto (with Horst or Christian Gebhard now, real world sportsdrivers journalists ) at the wheel is going to test the Leon/Megane vs M2, I bet those 2 first cars won't even get close on the Ring. No way.

I saw a vid of a Leon 7:53, officially, but that was BTG. Not a whole lap.

In short : Apples vs Oranges:)

Cheers
    Robin

LeDude83 and baboon like this.
  11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

No they won't. ;)

Cheers
    Robin

12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Also I 'd like to mention, the Hockenheim short(technical track)times.
    Good old 1M eats Megane and Leon for breakfast(let alone M2 in the future) with > 1 second faster on a 1:10-1:20 minute track...

So it's all perception/perspective an marketing.

At the end of the day I don't like fwd either.

But I guess M2 won't be coming soon in AC.

Cheers
    Robin

SomeLankyGuy likes this.
  13. baboon

baboon Alien

I think all this laptimes stuff is totally irrelevant. Especially when you try to take a closer look at what the manufacturers do to get those times. In the end it's all about having a great time on the track.

14. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Interesting. Do you have a limited slip diff on it? That's what counts imho. And the 6 pot roar...

Thisd Sunday wel'll be having another drift/trackday overhere at ATP Papenburg Germany.
    Me: 1M , N55 midpipe (OEM) , 225 square small 18 inch drifttyre setup (20mm spacers at the back for the looks lol) , Pagid yellows square(good for track use) , SRF brakefluid. Rest stock. And it's GREAT. I also do some trackdays with it (Assen mostly)
    http://www.atp-papenburg.de/

www.driftdagen.nl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for being so enthusiastic. Frontengine RWD + LSD + 6 cylinder power rule:)

Cheers
    Robin

SomeLankyGuy, Tollolbesar and baboon like this.
  15. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

[​IMG]

Rest is totally irrelevant.

Each to their own.

Cheers
    Robin

Vel and arthur666 like this.
  16. SomeLankyGuy

SomeLankyGuy Racer

Lovely car mate :)

Do agree where 6pot & RWD is concerned! I've had 4 E36 328/325 and for their age and power they still hold their own against much more modern/powerful machines.

I'm going to have to buy a 5th or learn to make mods haha

17. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Hm, good point.
    To those complaining about power on the E30, just get a non M and add forced induction. Or a V8. I'd much rather explore the limits of a slow and agile car than fear the limits of a powerful one.

18. The M2 is meant to be much smaller than those. Except it isn't. Because modern cars or something. Yay for technological advancement and safety ! :rolleyes:

mistery likes this.
  19. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I would say 98% of people I know in real life will chose creature comfort (including screens and joysticks controling everything in the car) and safety above light-weight and agility. I must say I don't give a damn about comfort but looking at car safety advancement, I have to ask myself if I am not crazy for rather chosing an E21 for weight and guarantee certain death in a head on collision or T-bone with anything on the road today.

20. I drive a first gen Miata. RIP me.

Vel likes this.