1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Whats the preferred VR device for AC ?

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Oculus is the only device that have native support in AC atm, it will change soon though and Vive will also be supported without 3rd party apps.

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm off to the bank now to get money to buy myself a VR hat and new sim rig. Should be part of the VR club in 2 or 3 weeks. Haven't been able to play AC properly in months, can't wait to get a proper set up.

grandepunto, ZethGAF, Blamer and 3 others like this.
  4. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

things will never be the same again. ;)

Turk likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Racer

Do report back, I want to hear about your experience.

6. Cuba

Cuba Gamer

I just jumped onboard the VR train last week. I tried to go back to a flat screen just to see the difference...flat screen is gone for good!. No way back after you've tried it. And if you have the Vive, you must play "Raw Data"!!! I can't believe the sensation you get while playing that game with room scaling; you are there and you are being attacked, it'll get the heart going for sure. I wish I had an idea of what the AC Devs have in store for VR.

Cote Dazur and mms like this.
  7. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Both vive & rift are good. If its just sims you want it for then the rift is cheaper as you can just buy the headset & one sensor. Resolution & sde is slightly better on rift. Fov & brightness slightly better on Vive. Rift is more comfortable.

dk78, mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

It needs to be experienced to be believed, the hype is real, I'm another one who can't go back to flat triple screens

Tomcul, mms, gandlers and 1 other person like this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its litteraly like sitting inside the car when you looking around. The view you see on youtube videos doesnt accurately reflect how it looks. It fools your brain so if you driving a car where you almost lay down, you get that feeling that you actually have that position in real life, at least for me, cant speak for anyone else. Its something you need to try to understand. I rather slice the bread myself than racing on a single monitor again ;)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Cuba, stryder, AvGas and 3 others like this.
  10. mms

mms Alien

The experience when you crash a car hard the first time and your heart stops for a moment and you close you're eyes just before the crash cannot be described :eek:

I got used to it after a while (yeah I know, it's not a crashing simulator), but that first time I really thought I'm dead...

EDIT: BTW, I'm still slicing the bread myself, not sure if that results in a better VR experience :D

AvGas and kofotsjanne like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I know what u mean, i havent got used to it yet. Im not scared of spinning around but my brain always say no when going straight into a wall (nord tourist ending for example).

mms likes this.
  12. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

If you add a motion simulator to the Rift, then you're really scared to hit a wall.
    There's no way back from the Rift (and from the motion simulator too...)

kofotsjanne, Cote Dazur and mms like this.
  13. Typer

Typer Simracer

I was all set to replace my PS3 with a PS4 last year when Gran Turismo Sport was due to come out but then it got delayed. I stumbled across GamerMuscle's vids of AC in VR on YouTube and I just had to have it. I bought myself a PC and a Vive just to play AC in VR. After 5 months, it's still the only game I play and I still can't get enough of it! Looking forward to official Vive support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Typer

Typer Simracer

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Sorry its the slightly larger FOV that causes slightly worse sde in Vive, my mistake. Also worth noting that if you wear glasses Vive has a bit more room for them.

16. Chris

Chris Racer

I bought the Rift because I couldn't afford the Vive right now, but I fully intend to get the Touch kit when I can.
    Now that's an upgrade! I remember Gran Turismo. It's a gateway game. Do you use a wheel?

17. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't be in any rush, I've had touch since it was out & with 3 sensors there are issues still. A patch is on the way apparently. When it works its really good but not something i would spend huge amounts of time using.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  18. Typer

Typer Simracer

Sure was. GT was my game and I've been an avid fan since the original, never really played much else, but the realism promised by AC was too much of a draw. My PS3 hasn't been turned on since the day I first fired up AC.

Sure do, bought myself a second hand G27 a couple of years back, though I'm itching to replace it with something a bit more special. I'm currently waiting to see what the elusive Logitech GT Sport wheel is going to be like, but that's a topic for another forum.

What I'd love to see for AC and VR is a performance boost through using Simultaneous Multi-Projection:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/11

Does anyone know if the Kunos devs have made any comment about SMP?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    cerebralvortex likes this.
  19. detoit

detoit Racer

IMG_7957.JPG
    I've used both, and although there are things that are handled better on the oculus the vive is simply a better experience.

It sits closer to your face so your field of view is better.

The area that is clean and in focus on the vive is simply larger and more useable. The glass is simply better.

The chromatic aberration on the oculus is terrible compared to the vive - this single thing was enough for me to stop testing oculus after two weeks. Everything off center on the oculus just isn't comparable to the vive.

The other issue (which is now less of an issue since you can buy another sensor on the oculus) is the vive out of the box allows you to get up or rotate your view more - important for sim racing is the quick glance over the shoulders to check your blind spot as you go to turn in . The oculus can't do this with one sensor and often resets your view slightly - which is terrible when you look forward again and your steering wheel has moved an inch or two..

Downside of vive is if the game is not openVR, you have to drop extra files into your game (assetto requires a two files you must over write - which honestly is a 10 second fix one time) - but not running naitive means you lose some performance. Assetto is the only sim now that I'm aware of that doesn't run vive naitive. Iracing for example requires nothing special nor does race room. The vive is heavier but stays put unlike the oculus. The oculus has better inter-ocular distance change compared to vive. The vive is superior if you want to run contacts over the glass from third parties. The oculus ones don't seat correctly nor stay put.

Nathan

20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

You can turn round with one sensor no problem on the rift, it has sensors in the back.

Tomcul and Cote Dazur like this.