1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos, please keep to 50/50 ratio for road/race cars!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by claudiopolez, Mar 9, 2015.

1. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Dear Kunos,

I am a very happy AC owner and have preordered the Dream Pack as soon as it was available, but I have one little gripe - the DLC has 7 gt/race cars, yet only 3 road cars. When the game was in beta, the ratio was nearer to 50/50 and it was a very healthy ratio. Yes, most noisy racing community bunches around its GT cars and just about every server online is running the blasted things, but don't take this to be representative of all of the buyers interest ;)

50/50 is a great a great distribution to keep us all happy. If Corsa turns into another RaceRoomExperience with nothing but racing GT contraptions, a lot of the market would be upset - don't take my word for it, look at Gran Tourismo, Forza car selection.

Road cars are fun, have huge personalities and are loved world over, please remember! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hi Kunos, please never change this AI its fantastic Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Kunos, please remove the Gallardo R-EX from the opponents list Jun 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Please Kunos "looktowheel" May 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Kunos, please: implement ASW 2.0 in AC for Rift users Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Kunos, please: implement ASW 2.0 in AC for Rift users Apr 14, 2019
    Console Lounge kunos please fix classes Apr 2, 2018
    Suggestions Please Kunos, Xbox one X enhancements! Dec 26, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Clubsport patch please Kunos? Jun 9, 2017
    Suggestions Hi, Lord Kunos! Please read and forward this detail to the relevant person. Very important! May 2, 2017
    Console Lounge Perspective VR, instead of full VR (Kunos please read) Mar 1, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Please kunos! 505! Feb 7, 2017
    Console Lounge "BMW M4 Akrapovic" / "Gallardo SL S3" - Please Kunos, we want them! Feb 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Please Kunos, a 919 template. Dec 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Please Kunos , patch the GT40 Dec 23, 2016

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Basically it comes down to what the licensing master wants aka Marco and his team. they listen to the community but if there is a car they hate its not gonna get covered *cough* longtail f1*cough*. Im not sure what i prefer more of, id probably say race cars as the races are more defined that way.

For example, we have the gt3 cars filling up, dtm is also starting to grow, two lmp1 giants have been confirmed(maybe the nissan in the future but granturismo seem to be in bed with nissan so maybe not).

The problem with say a bmw M3 is that there is no set class for it to go up against, you cant just slap it againest a sls amg or a step M1 as the performance is rather different.

Alas this is an age old war, i think id prefer kunos to focus on race cars as that likely attracts many people, the hyper cars attract the rest alone ill say and then the modding community, you just want what you believe is best.

4. Erm....Aris loves the Longtail...Marco's just not a huge fan so they decided to license the short tail instead.....no one hates it.

5. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Thats the thing, like I said, the best way to gauge market interest is to look at giants like Gran Tourismo, Forza, NFS (spit) - IF race cars attracted most people, those games would be about gazillion of race cars. Particularly the money making machine that are EA racing games. But it is not this way.

Big reason why AC is successful is the choice of cars, it would not be top of steam if all it had were RaceRoom's car content. And I'm 100% that this was a calculated deliberate choice from Kunos (including the other mass market favourite - Drift), but they seem to have drifted away from their original (solid - imho) plan of 50/50.

Mogster likes this.
  6. I can easily support Claudio on everything he says and claim. I would suggest a one percent change, the perfect ratio should be 49/1 for car and 49/1 for circuit???, let me make my point 49% of road course car and 1% of oval car and the same with track 49/1 road and oval.

@claudio when you say road cars does it include "stock car"

I know! i know! but had to try again, I'm a Nascar fan;)

Ischemica likes this.
  7. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

That is true, but remember Best Motoring International videos -they are great fun to watch and they match all sorts of cars (road cars!) aginst each other. Some sort of Best Motoring style Career would be nice in fact :)

8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i think even a single nascar would actually be good like, i dont like nascar at all, not that they are bad, i just cant drive them(people die). Anyways having even a single nascar is another box that AC can tick off, however that does mean they would have to make a track which is very expensive.

Denis Castilloux likes this.
  9. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Haha, sorry Denis, Stock Car=Race car ;) No, I'd love to see one actually :)

Denis Castilloux likes this.
  10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes, Assetto seems to gather people from all racing and car lovers/fans worlds. I think the key is to get cars from multiple motor racing classes and genres. And inside those, have cars to compete among themselves. For example f40 with rufYB is a great love story :cool:. So that was a great addition to the game.
    And if you make a dream pack only with "A" type of cars, there's less chances more people getting that dream pack, as there are higher odds for packs that include "A, B, C, D, E etc.." type of cars. The 1# dream pack is a good example of a well made car pack, with the biggest cherry on top (Nordschleife).

claudiopolez likes this.
  11. As much as I wish Kunos would make a Nascar style stock car, I doubt it is going to happen. (even with a nascar fan on the inside, Manu)
    If I am correct, when you make a car in AC as it stands now you simply input the data for one side of the suspension and the game mirrors it to the other side. This wouldn't work for an oval car. I hope I am wrong but if I'm not, it wouldn't make any sense for Kunos to spend the time developing this feature for a car that they would probably have to make a generic version of anyways. (Nascar licensing is incredibly expensive by itself, and then they would also need a license with whichever manufacturer they wanted to model) Add to this that they would then need to scan an oval or two and I don't see how the numbers would ever add up.

It is somewhat sad to say, but as an oval racing fan there is really only a couple of choices. Iracing, which is expensive (and really not very realistic IMO), or RF2 once they debut their stock car.

12. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

And while we're at it, there's also a balance in modern/retro eras to be found. (I am saying ditch the sputniks and bring all your purebreed, man vs machine exhibits)
    :p

13. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Completely agree about F40 vs RuF, 458 vs Mp12c structure! now we are getting the P1 to partner LaFerrari - so I'm very happy. Just dont want AC to become RaceRoom that is all ;)

Quffy likes this.
  14. Sli

Sli Racer

If anything I'd like the ratio to be more like 70/30 gravitating towards road lol.

15. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

As much as I like driving ruf, in my book it does not stand a chance against F40. Even with full boost

16. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Oh this again, there is already enough road cars in the game. I find road cars kind of boring, they understeer as hell.

17. The solution is simple, Kunos should collect user statistics from the game and find out what cars people like, then continue to make cars which satisfies demand.

IMO we've already got way too many great cars to choose from, and with another 40 or whatever coming in the next couple of years, there are simply enough cars.

TwoHardCore likes this.
  18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

So far true, you can have different setup ranges for each side but that only adds a specific type of freedom which is asymmetric setups.

Remains to be seen what types of solid axle are simulated, the GTA uses a 4-link with coil springs so there's that, but maybe Aris will be nice and also include trackbar or leaf spring settings.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  19. airfathaaaaa

airfathaaaaa Gamer

there is no such a thing as "enough" cars
    and by the horror fia is preparing to do on the gt3 class from 2016 and later i guess we will see them like that only in ac lol

20. D-Fazer

D-Fazer Gamer

I think you've to learn how to deal with inertia ;)

Road car need much more driving skill than gt cars with their cheating wings and big slick tires :D

Rift Racer likes this.
  21. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I agree with OP. Don't understand the fuzz about race cars and open wheelers

- The liveries are 95% fugly. Car design is a work of art, not an advertisement stand. IMO liveries mainly look cheap, trashy, messy and ruin the original artistic vision of the person who designed the car. It's like getting some expensive Macallan Scotch and mixing orange and apple juice into it, to "spice up the flavor". Like getting a Caraceni hand tailored suit and tie, and then planting some patches and advert buttons in it. Never understood why people think liveries look good, though I understand the realism standpoint (in race cars)
    - They drive like trains, what's the fun in that? Some sound like space shuttles (and look too)
    - Some people have the argument, that they are the only cars you can't own IRL. Most people will never own or even rent/test drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini road car either
    - When you think about the question "Which kind of car would help in picking up a beautiful woman?" You think Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc... None of those frickin space shuttles. Superficial/stupid or not, face it, most men dream about car like that partially for that reason, even if they don't like to admit it :D But most will never afford it (at least not without living in a cardboard box the rest of the time), so we play simulations.

So please, more road cars and classics like Miura and F40, less high-tech car-train-shuttle hybrids.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Christopher Low and victor86 like this.