1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Laguna Seca confirmed to come into Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ShredatorFIN, Oct 23, 2016.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not Soon™. By end of 2017. Laserscanning was completed 6th of June, so work on track model can't be very far yet. If even started

"After a pile of burocratic and logistics issues that resulted in a sensible delay of our operations in US, [finally] Yesterday we have completed our laserscan survey at Laguna Seca, so the track should be completed and available for Assetto Corsa within the end of the year." From Marco's facebook. This and more images of the laserscan was there

[​IMG]

Ninja'd :(

ppbucko, detoit and Jon Legg like this.
  2. tilithom

tilithom Rookie

If this is same estimation guy with xbox patch you can count days to that and multiple with at least two to get closer to real date.

alex21212121 likes this.
  3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There is no "estimation guy". Marco is the licensing manager, and surely not working on Xbox update. Blame the retarded submission process by MS/Sony.

- Fixed Python setCamera when asking for Random Camera
    - Tweaked Leaderboard Flags position
    - minor graphical fixes on various cars
    - Improved braking force and stopping distance for Lotus Elise SC (and step models), Lotus 2-eleven and Lotus Exige 240 and Scura
    - Disabled autoblip for Maserati MC12 GT1 and Porsche 911 GT1 in downshift. Can be enabled as assist
    - Fix for Audi R18 gear app ERS power deploy graph (only graphical on the app)
    - Fixed Autosave Replay
    - Fixed post session results on Launcher
    - Fixed "Just A Taste" Special Event
    - Fixed Openvr FXAA rendering without AA Samples
    - Various livery fixes on the Lotus 3-Eleven, Audi R8 LMS 2016 and Toyota TS040 Hybrid
    - Tweaked MP leaderboard adding grey font for disconnected players

- Minor graphical fixes on newly released cars
    - Fixed missing electronic tab
    - Removed focused car label from chase camera
    - Fixed opponent nation and skin on few special events
    - Tweaked conditions on some special events
    - Fixed R2R DLC UI previews for not owners
    - Fixed AcServerManager for package creation when DLCs are not owned
    - Fixed AI false start in Drag race
    - Added relative wind direction indicator to Realtime App
    - Added Push 2 Pass Hint on splash screen
    - Added semislicks street legal tyres on the Lotus 3-Eleven after popular request
    - driver position adjusted in Audi TT RS VLN

These two happened within SIX days after 1.14 on PC which was MASSIVE update in itself. So don't tell me these guys don't work hard. Third one was released 2 days later:

- Fixed replay corruption
    - Fixed BMW M3 E30 Gr.A 92 pitstop time
    - Fixed double names in several Special Events
    - SDK pipeline updated version 2.0.
    Find the updated pipeline document and various templates, example scenes and other tools in the sdk/dev/car_pipeline_2.0rev folder.
    Old pipeline is kept in an archive for compatibility.

So all in all, 4 updates within 8 days. This is because Steam allows updating, when the update is ready. Not when MS/Sony is ready

olevet, ppbucko and bradleyland like this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

No this is because the pc version has a full team working on it, which communicates with its players and all is good, and gets better by the day. How many people they got working on the xbox version in comparison to pc version?. Ms/sony aren't at fault here, they have the same system for ALL GAMES on there platforms.
    You have even pointed out 4 updates in 8 days. xbox has had 4 updates in 10 months, all DLC with fixes included and more bugs added. Go and have a look at the dev responses to pc issues and instant feedback you get with a update instantly posted on left side of thread, then compare to same system in console side, its been abandoned in comparison.
    Again going back to that list above, we haven't had that many fixes in 10 months, we can't even save/delete overwrite setups properly since release.
    Its an absolute joke to blame ms or sony.

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

That, but also more flexible submission of Steam.

Kunos have less experience with console as platform, they created many titles for PC before AC like netKar Pro, Ferrari Virtual Academy. While AC was their first ever console release. Also yeah PC has been focus and console version has less people working on it afaik. But still, nothing to do with Laguna Seca which is developed first on PC anyway. Before this, the LS tracks they promised always appeared on time. Seca is first one getting delayed like this

For console it will come later than PC as everything, no doubt. But problem with slow console updates isn't in the "incompetence" of Kunos or them "not working hard". In prioritizing consoles vs. PC maybe.. but well, what can I say. Get a PC

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  6. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Aaaand there it is.

Honestly, I don't know how you can say all that with a straight face. I cannot say what the causes are, because I have no idea how things work at Kunos, but I can say, using nothing but facts, that the console versions of Assetto Corsa have not received the same amount of patches as the PC version.

You blame this on Sony/MS, but there are hundreds of other publishers who regularly push patches without these huge delays. Again, I cannot attribute the causes, because I don't know. I do know that Kunos are not able to release patches in a timely manner though, and as a customer, I shouldn't have to understand the reasons why. I regularly play games that are patched frequently on console, so Kunos' difficulties in navigating these matters aren't my concern.

When all you can do is tell console users to "get a PC", then maybe you should consider not posting in the Console Lounge. It's not helpful.

alex21212121, Jon Legg and tilithom like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's not, but I did post helpful info from Marco's FB about Laguna Seca, when someone asked. Somehow that could be turned (again) into something negative about Kunos and some "estimating guy" bollocks. Actually didn't even notice this is console forum, I just answered a question about Laguna Seca that popped on my screen. Also, since

A) PC version has been updated with outstanding efficiency and speed, for years. Better post-launch support and faster & more extensive updates than 99% of other Steam/PC titles
    B) Console version is clearly not... which I can see too. Not denying it
    C) What can be said? Get a PC. No it shouldn't be the only way to get fast and timely updates... but seems it is

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The laser scanned stuff is interesting. and how they build the tracks. Which is why I looked in the thread.

detoit likes this.
  9. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Road America is very fast and require high attention for braking points. It is one of my favourite US tracks.

10. i have the pc so i have to buy again assetto corsa? no thanks ... i've already overpayed it once..

11. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

Its cool to see the progress of Laguna Seca, but I'm not allowing myself to get excited about any of this DLC as it is many months, maybe even a year away. I'm just excited to get the next update with 787B and 911 RSR

12. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Yeah,in the new year message,it was annouced a Ferrari dlc with 7 iconic cars and a poll to choose those cars...where is the pool,i wonder?i know,we're only in June,6 months to go to the end of the year but judging by the current pace,is that enough time to organize a poll that lasts long enough to have a high number of votes,and then recreate the cars to both PC and consoles?oh and besides that Ferrari DLC,it was also annouced for this year a british pack.with dlcs and updates for 3 different platforms,will they have time to release everything in this last 6 months?

alex21212121 likes this.
  13. MEGOLITO

MEGOLITO Rookie

hey so, they said they would have laguna out by the end up 2017. you guys have like 14ish days to complete that deadline, if you need help i can come cheer you guys on in the office and bring hot coffie every day, just put my name down in the credits as coffie guy mike

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  14. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Bonus Pack coming on the 20th, fingers crossed...

Roushman624 likes this.
  15. MEGOLITO

MEGOLITO Rookie

dude ill **** 5 bricks and start building a house for my family with them if it comes out tomarrow ill send the devs flowers

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Was confirmed in the livestream yesterday, that Laguna is out along with the Bonus Pack 3 tomorrow.
    But, not for console :D

Matty28 and PhenOm like this.
  17. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

MS and Sony will ensure that we have to wait until 2018 :p

18. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Post a picture of the house once you've finished building :D

I'm gonna have some fun once this download is finished

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  19. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Kunos will. They know how it works in advance.

I'd even say Sony and MS have been too lenient with Kunos, I mean Ferrari patch included a car that crashed the game by just moving around the setup screen. They should have sent that back and tell Kunos to get their **** together.

20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

You really think Sony play the games? Or they loaded up the F2004 and tried to set it up? You think they did this even when updates for their own games have corrupted game saves or caused games to crash?