1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Laptop ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Maarten Steverink, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dr47watson

dr47watson Gamer

Ive been gaming on my work laptop for the last 4 years or so. AC is currently the only thing I play. I don't run full everything on the graphics, but it is smooth enough on all the stock AC content. Some of the mod tracks give me problems (Mid Ohio, Monaco) but not all of them. As my stuff is now 4 years old, I'd expect a current laptop to perform better. I built my machine off of Xoticpc.com with the intention to be able to run heavy duty engineering programs for work. Ive been very happy with it and would do it again. CPU is an i7 2630QM @ 2.0 Ghz, GPU is a GTX 560m, 8 GB ram. I always play with it plugged into an external 27" monitor and use a Fanatec CSW/BMW and Clubsport pedals.

All that said I am planning a desktop machine for when the consumer Oculus Rift comes out, solely for playing AC.

2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

1500 is your budget? 750 for laptop and 750 for desktop should both be able to get high end specs. One suited well for your work and the desktop definatly good enough for AC (even very high settings)

A.r.e.s. likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I always see laptops as a dead end, when it goes out of date you just have to replace it.

Digital Aura likes this.
  4. torn

torn Rookie

5. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

CLEVO if you know how to figure things out, it's the best choice

6. Christopher Pick

Christopher Pick Hardcore Simmer

Why not?
    My m18x runs Assetto flawlessly, max settings since day one.

7. TCLF

TCLF Alien

because you pay for the name.

8. Christopher Pick

Christopher Pick Hardcore Simmer

I suppose you do but you know your getting best of the best. That goes for build quality, performance and support.

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

http://www.dell.com/nl/p/alienware-14/pd?oc=n00aw441&model_id=alienware-14
    http://www.alternate.nl/MSI/GE70-2PC-272NL-17-3-notebook/html/product/1144264?tk=6980&lk=6994

Of course I don't expect you to read dutch so here a small summary

Alienware/msi
    Intel® Core™ i5-4210M / Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ
    14,0 inch 1.920 x 1.080 / 17.3 inch 1.920 x 1.080
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 2GB
    8 GB / 8192 MB
    500 GB 5.400 rpm hybrid SSD / 1000 GB 7200 RPM
    Now unless that GTX is worse than the GT, I know which one I would choose.

Now, I did just pick a random price class, so maybe at other price classes it may be different.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

MSI is great as far as build quality and reliability goes w/o price shooting into stratosphere.
    Take a look at the new GT-72 Dominator
    http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT72-2PE-Dominator-Pro.html#hero-overview
    If you can, wait a little bit for their refresh with Maxwell GPUs.
    I have MSI GS70 Dragon, it does the job with AC, forget about PP effects though, but will go for desktop next time, not sure if it will handle Project Cars eye candy.

Any recommendations on good gaming desktop. How IBuyPower fares, they seem to be quite budgety.

11. So according to tclf i can buy a desktop that can run ac on high for 750 euro's? Show me where :)

12. TCLF

TCLF Alien

build it yourself is the answer. otherwise you'll get some throw away stuff in it. The CPU and GPU are the most expensive parts, so build it around those components. In the end you will be able to find a balanced config and build a machine (def with the new nvidea out) that can run it on almost the highest settings. At least it will be better than a 1500 euro laptop :p

13. Casper

Casper Rookie

Of course! You could do it with significantly less I'd say. If you buy an i5 and a R9 280 (for example) and build your PC around that you don't hacve to spend more than 700€. That would run AC perfectly!

TCLF likes this.
  14. Okay guys, what do you think about this?

CPU: Intel i7 4770 4-Core (8 threads) 3.4GHz (turbo 3.9Ghz) socket 1150 8MB cache 84 watt retail
    Motherboard: AsRock B85 Killer series socket 1150 PCIe3 USB 3.0 Sata3
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5
    Memory: 32GB DDR3 G.Skill (4x8GB)
    SSD: 120GB SATAIII V300
    HDD: 2TB Toshiba 7200 64mb
    Coolermaster 700 watt
    Windows 8.1 64

Anyone know about the GTX970?

15. TCLF

TCLF Alien

from what I've heard it's a very good card. On par, if not better, than a titan. I have no experience nor have read any reviews of people who used it though.

16. Blame

Blame Alien

You don't need 32GB RAM, downgrade to 16GB.

TCLF likes this.
  17. Casper

Casper Rookie

Well, what is it for? Just for AC? Then it's overkill.

TCLF likes this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

This is good, is not overkill for AC or any new 2014/2015 game. Overkill just the 32gb ram, 16 is very good, even for the gaming future (maybe up to 3 years from now). You want 32gb ram to run virtual machines, work with CAD or Maya etc..? Gaming nowadays only needs 8gb, and 16gb as future proof, 32 for gaming only maybe in 10 years :)

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Can anyone recommend a good, budget PC builder in US. Seems like ibuypower and cyberpower are not very reliable and pack cheap components with poor assembly, support is nightmare as well.
    I've been looking at xoticpc, are their custom desktops worth the price?
    I have laptop from them, so as a build quality and support go they've been pretty solid and reliable so far.

20. Blame

Blame Alien

When it comes to components they're pretty much the top notch stuff, the way how they've laid out all the stuff to put into a PC is a nightmare, I'm not gonna mention support because I haven't had any needs for it, but shipping looks horrible.