1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look to Apex

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Morne du Plooy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hi there!

First of all, I'd like to say, what an awesome Sim!
    You guys are doing a great job with support especially.

Lighting in-game is good, & the car models are down to the T!

My Question though, is whether or not you will be implementing a 'look to apex' feature in the future?

I play many sims, and they all basically have this feature.
    I personally find it easier to see where you're going...PLUS, it's more realistic.

Maybe add an option for sim racers to have the choice of increasing/decreasing the amount of looking to the apex?

Keep up the good work!

PAKFA, Madsen, Qwaribo and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Radical SR3 league- ApexOnlineRacing Jan 5, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI braking on apex when level is below 100 Mar 2, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Hori apex wheel steering sensitivity issue Feb 13, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Hori apex wheel steering sensitivity issue Feb 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Apex Online Racing League (AOR) Feb 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room AC is back in ApexOnlineRacing: new league Dec 14, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions "Look to apex" camera movement - how to disable it on PS4 version? May 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Apex Cones and breaking cones Apr 29, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Look to apex Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apex Online Racing - Simracing Community - 8 Hours of Cheshire - 08.05.2021 Dec 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Apex Online Racing - Circuit Paul Ricard 500km - 25th January 2020 Dec 22, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Apex Online Racing ACC League - Season 2 Oct 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Glance -left -right or look to Apex in Cockpit View? (0.7x) Apr 9, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room RSS Formula V10 league - ApexOnlineRacing.com Jan 23, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Look to Apex Nov 18, 2018

3. get trackir :) it´s just great

pudenfuhrer likes this.
  4. Trackir??

5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

great idea, would be great to have it
    trackIR is waste of money if OculusRift will be supported imo

btw why does almost everybody on this forum aswers question

look to apex > get trackIR
    problem with gamepad > get wheel

???

alex72, SLYDWAYZ, Robilon and 4 others like this.
  6. yeah trackir is too expensive! It looks great though.. but still... the in-game look to apex works for me in other sims.

SLYDWAYZ likes this.
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I would definitely wait for OculusRift and have huge display together with tracking,

I have never tried it ( I tried PS eye in GT5) , but I think it doesn't really work that well, if I turn head I tend to look where my head is pointing, keeping the look on screen - yet seeing the image moving - feels weird and unnatural

still, look to apex should be easy thing to implement I guess

8. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Gamer

If they don't, I'm sure the community will.

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I used Trackir for a while but just did not like it. Waste of money IMHO.
    Look-to-apex is essential, especially in cockpit view.

10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Gamer

I think my request fits this thread too: if you already make a look-to-apex setting, then make a setting to stop all head movement. The bobbing and moving i dont like, my head and eyes move in the real life itself. No need to double the movement from ingame :)

Genius69 likes this.
  11. I would like that feature too, with an increasing/decreasing option. I have TrackIR and I don't use it, it's a lot easier to have it by just turning the wheel.

12. C.O.D.

C.O.D. Racer

I'm missing that too...

13. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

+1 for the look-to-apex.

Will be getting the oculus once it's HD though...

14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I find it better if it's linked to corner radius, rather then turning as you turn wheel,

if it's linked to wheel, it gets weird if you're drifing/counter sliding
    it's should follow tangent of the corner

alex72, Simon92 and Genius69 like this.
  15. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

+1 it does need look-to-apex it would make it feel a little more alive and less static.

alex72 and Genius69 like this.
  16. pclipse

pclipse Racer

As long as you can turn it off, sure. I absolutely hated look to apex in NFS Shift, completely messes with your mind.

Backmarker likes this.
  17. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Is there any other view?! Surely people still dont use chase cam etc?!

JoeNathan26 and alex72 like this.
  18. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I bought a ps3eye camera and use the Facetracknoir free software and get head tracking for the cost of the camera 15 euro! my very own look to apex as much as you want to custmize the sensitivity and degrees you look so you can see you mirrors fully.

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I
    would use it, if it was good, at this point I don't like how it's done, so instead I used (sometimes) locked camera to your car ( when you press F5) you can position it how you like it, zoom in/out etc.

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I use hood cam in other sims but in AC you kind of need to use cockpit view to see in the mirrors (thus far there is no virtual mirror) and the sound in hood cam is a little too realistic, ie too windy and less other sounds.

21. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

You mean you haven't pressed F11 so far, don't you ? ;)

bigbawmcgraw likes this.