1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look to Apex

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Morne du Plooy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Something else I've missed :mad: Will try tonight, thanks!
    But the sound in hood cam view is still not nice, unless I've missed something which allows me to use the cockpit sound in hood cam view?....

2. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Come on, forget about hood cam and drive from inside, you're missing those lovely shadows crossing the dashboard and staring at a real tachometer instead of some fake app ;)

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Aww, OK you've convinced me :p:D
    I tried hood cam yesterday for the first time, and although I was unimpressed with the sound I was consistently half a second faster! (GT2 Imola)
    Hopefully look-to-apex will rectify that.

4. Atrax

Atrax Racer

I would like to see that option too, as well as more head movement when G-forces are acting on the driver. Cause now you don't get that feel of the car pulling hard, it just seems like there is no kick in the acceleration. So some more head movement would be really nice.
    Thanks! :)

alex72 likes this.
  5. Atrax

Atrax Racer

Look-to-apex only works in cockpit view, other views don't benefit from that feature at all. At least that's how it is in most games I've played.

6. Atrax

Atrax Racer

Obviously the sound will be different in bumper or hood cam view, since reverb is different and you're in front of the engine that is making the noise in those two views.
    You can modify reverb with one of the dev apps that's in game. You just gave to turn on dev apps and you'll see it on the side amongst other apps.

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I use it with hood cam in R07, couldn't do without it but it's what I'm used to.

8. endgame

endgame Racer

I use cockpit view but could never use "look to apex" It totally disorientated me and just becomes a "miss the apex" feature. It does look cool though and would be a nice addition for those who can use it.

9. DaveASpec

DaveASpec Gamer

I hope is inserted the possibility of using the look to apex adjustable so as to have a displacement even for just a few degrees, as in gtr2
    I use it, very comfortable and not used much, not nause

Atrax and Patrik Marek like this.
  10. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I can totally understand that some are wishing for a "look to apex" option, when playing on a single screen. (although it would disorientate me, just like endgame said)
    With triple screens you just look to the right or left monitor if the apex isn´t in front of the car and it would be distracting if the dash moved behind the wheel i´m holding in my hands while driving the virtual cars.

So if it is done adjustable everyone should be happy.

Look to apex Fixed camera
    look to apex.jpg normal view.jpg

11. I hope with this being a PC only game that the devs will give options for the various devices available rather than forcing everyone to have the same experience. On a single screen look to apex might be ok but for those that have tripple screen, trackir or occulus rift it takes away some of that immersion PC gamers strive for.

Occulus rift was a trackir killer for me until someone pointed out how hard it will be to grab my beer whilst driving. Long live trackir! I want to buy AC this weekend on the basis that trackir currently works. What's the chance this support will be removed and look to apex enforced? It's the only reason I didn't buy NFS Shift2.

12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

with 3 screens you're looking there yourself :) ,... same with oculusRift and trackiR, for those it would have to be turned off of course

I don't drink and drive, not even in the game, doesn't make the experience better for me :)

13. leetland

leetland Gamer

Mindblown... I never thought that far... That's a serious first world problem. Lets hope we can wear a beer helmet when using the Rift, problem solved!

Anyhow since I'm stuck on one (actually 2 but yeh, not that great when my steering wheels gets split so I'm using one screen) a 'look to apex' feature (togglable obviously) would be awesome.

14. As long as you don't ever ask why some of us are so fast.

I do use cockpit view, but I am too busy to notice that stuff while I am driving.

Have never seen an "Look to Apex" feature that worked worth a _____ . Learn the track, turn at the proper turn in point and you should be looking at the apex anyways. I do it with a single monitor at only about 30° FOV.

49 yrs old. 1st driving game/sim with wheel pedals and shifter was "Pole Position" in an arcade in 1982. Been doing it since. So don't even try.

The Moose likes this.
  15. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

I can tolerate a little bit of 'look to apex' feature in GTR2. Otherwise, 'look to apex' messes with my mind. I also tried TrackIR in flightsim and racing games but that messed up my mind too! LOL I need the oculus or a triple screen setup. :)

16. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

It has to be implemented, there is no reason to do not so. But the option for increasing, decreasing and off is a must in such a case.
    What I really would appreciate is a helmet camera with look to apex. I totally love this feature in NFS Shift 2 and PCars, it just gives me much more immersion.

17. Zorg

Zorg Gamer

I would like look to apex too. I used it in GTR2. I do have trackir, but I rarely use it, and with no look to apex you can't see the end of the corner with a low FOV.

18. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

yes I wondered what was missing and look to apex is the answer, +1 for me

19. spliff

spliff Gamer

trackIR is (in my opinion) not suited to be used in racing games. the fact that you are tracking your head-position but the screen you are looking at has a fixed position, it feels very weird. if you move your head to the left, for example, you need to look to the right to see your monitor. it just feels completely wrong.

i'd suggest the oculus RIFT, but sadly the development of this thing is not yet finished.

20. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

spectacular

Mogster likes this.