1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Magione - I don't understand it...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by softgrip, Jan 24, 2014.

1. softgrip

softgrip Alien

So what's with this track?

Is the real world track so dilapidated and in dire need of either a/ shutdown or b/ remodel/renovate?

No elevation change, flat corners, bumpy straights.

I'm not sure how to have fun on this :\

The track is really hard too - hard to see corners. Not good hard like Nurberg... bad hard like trying not to step on Lego in the dark.

Is there something I'm missing from this?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Griffin, The Moose, Fat-Alfie and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    Chit Chat Room AC only loads magione and lotus elise SC... Jan 3, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whatever i choose it brings me only Lotus Elise and the Magione circuit. Please help! Dec 22, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Error Lotus Elise SC, in Magione Sep 26, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 162 – More manageable at Magione Jan 18, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Advice about my driving on Magione in Alfa Romeo Giulietta? Jan 12, 2019
    Screens & Videos Nissan Skyline R34 Drift Workshop Drifting on Bihoku Highland and Magione Oct 7, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Magione start light not working Jul 15, 2017
    Suggestions Magione not japan Feb 23, 2017
    Screens & Videos Testing out all Porsche Pack cars @Magione Jan 22, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions WTF KUNOS?! Magione is the only online track for drifting right now?! Dec 28, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Helmet cam Multiplayer Audi S1 quattro at Magione First Person View race Human 100% Sep 2, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Action cam Multiplayer Race GT86 At Magione SERVER: HVACL GT86 ESTONIA Jul 25, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Magione curbs/rumble strips lack sound Apr 1, 2016
    Screens & Videos Boxcam bmw e34 turbo test @ magione Nov 19, 2015

3. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Can't say about you feeling of the real world track and the state it is in.

But I can say I really like the track in AC because it is short, easy to learn most of the corners (not master, just know them) and it is a great track to introduce the lower powered cars and AC handling to my friends who are not big sim fans.
    Every time I fire up the game and they do a couple laps of magione in a lotus or E30 or FA their faces light up like kids. It's also good that it is a very short track and unlike vallelunga short it doesn't require crazy steering lock and surgeon precision.
    Compare it with Imola where suspension is easily disturbed and you can tell that magione is a track to learn the basics on, to have fun on, definetly not a place where you do serious racing where you concentrate on minute mastery of every corner. I think it fits that bill perfectly. At least it does so for my firends and I. :cool:

4. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

If it is hard, it is interesting, isn't it?

WallyM, Buggi and Fred Joseph like this.
  5. softgrip

softgrip Alien

Do you like standing on Lego in the dark?

zelimper, Anuj, xyr and 2 others like this.
  6. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

I think of Magione as the small, low maintenance, local track, where you go to sharpen your skills and have fun with friends but in no way suitable for major events or up to F1 standards!
    So as Abarth 500 and E30 are the closest most of us would get to drive IRL, Magione is the closest track to where we would/could drive/race.

7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Never tried that, to be honest. I guess it is the same experience again and again, whereas you improve your skills by driving at Magione. What better reward than finally getting to grips with something that was not easy in the first place?

8. softgrip

softgrip Alien

The better reward is Nurberg :) Where it's awesome when you suck, and awesome when you're great.

It's nice of you trying to talk it up - but I'm not convinced at all that, because it is rubbish AND difficult it is somehow a great track.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Well that question has been answered, I agree with both DJKosta & Mistery. It is a good track to just have a bit of fun, learn to drift, find a nice suspension setting, give a friend a little spin are all what this track is for. I would like to have a race on it in Abarths, but it would have to be a good set of racers as it could end with a great deal of bent metal.

As for LEGO, try the three prong plug off the Hairdrier! Women!!! :eek:

10. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

you got it.

Here in italy trackdays are really expensive, expecially compared to spain.. At mugello you pay 90€ per 25 minutes on track on a road legal car, 200€ with a rollcaged car/racecar. At vallelunga 80€ per 25min for road cars or 100€/25min 190€/50 min or 350€ for 2 runs of 50min each.

At magione you pay 120€ for the whole day or 70€ half day with a road car and 160€/100€ with a racecar..

If you have to learn there's a "little" cost difference, expecially if you're based in the middle of Italy

11. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Its fun in the lotus 11
    Takes memorization due to being so flat, but I like it.

12. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Interesting, Red bull ring in Zeltweg charges 78 euros for 2 rounds of 20 minutes or 115€ for 3x 20 minutes on track. Grobnik in Croatia charges 70€ for one hour and the rough surface really punishes your tires.

By those standards, Magione (and AC :)) does come cheap.

Racing_34 likes this.
  13. DanielAlm

DanielAlm Rookie

It feels like a go-kart track, but once you get a bit into it, it's quite OK. But racing on this track with race cars (let's say a GT3 field) must be really frustrating.

14. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Don't agree with people who say it is difficult to memorize. Why? It's so short, has few turns. I think I knew them each after 20 laps or so without ever having heard of this track before AC. Yes, mastery is a whole different subject but the track is very easy to memorize. Perfect for quick laughs or like someone pointed above, get accustomed to car setup and on track drifting without much downtime. Nothing to do with running cars bigger, heavier or more powerful than the E30 really. Don't even think about serious competition. But take a spin with the KTM, for ****s and giggles when you have 10 minutes free and enjoy the big smile for the rest of the day.

Edit: try what I said above about the KTM. Disable all onscreen apps and enjoy the lean interior of the car while pushing it just over the tires limits. You can thank me later. :)

15. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Its a good little track and not easy to master , just because its not a track that everybody knows doesn`t mean its a waste of space ....
    If it was why would Kunos include it in the sim ? , and too be honest I find it harder than the Norde , yeah thats right ! , once you have driven the Norde and can remember the layout its easy to get into a rhythm and set a good lap time ....

16. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Feels a bit like racing round a supermarket car park.

softgrip likes this.
  17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Since most of the time i play arcade & simcade before AC so i usually not going to involve in any discussion like this due to my lack experience in sim racing (i know nothing about any car or any track & in fact i dont know why you Mr / Mrs so exciting about that Nordschleife track, to me its just a long long long track :D) but about one month ago Mr@Michael Hornbuckle advise me to first try learning this game with a lower power car in Magione for better understanding the game's physic after i tell him i struggle alot driving BMW E30 Group A in Monza, he say this track & the car BMW Z4 is suitable for beginner like me to learn to drive in AC like what Mr Mistery suggest, of course i still struggle abit at first but then at least i got this now after 1 month:-

[​IMG]

Pls dont think i actually want to show off, its nothing to proud about since only 67 players attempt this combo. I just trying to do some inspiration here (i even has the video if you interest to have a look), i mean if a newbie like me can do at least not bad in this track, why not you ??

By the way, i hope you wont mind i say this, if most people have no problem with a track or car or any combo but only me or few others is struggling then i always believe i am the source of the problem (my driving not good enough or wrong racing line or something like that), i dont know about others but thats always my way to think when having problem like this.

Thanks for reading :)

Anuj, Wattie, RatFink63 and 4 others like this.
  18. softgrip

softgrip Alien

It could be great if they gave it some height, banked some corners (even off camber) and smoothed it out.

For me, it's the pig at the prom. I just don't get why you'd drive it when you have all those beauties to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griffin, The Moose and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The back straight is phenomenally bumpy. Try the E30 DTM on Magoine and prepare for your wheel to go into overdrive. I love the fact its so bumpy though, and that the bumps are properly resolved. Too many sims in the past have just randomly "inserted" bumps on a track in order for it to seem authentic. However they never get it right, and they are either too severe or not big enough etc. Bumps generally are lots of little bumps bundled together, when rode over in a road car, they present little difficulty, in a full bred racer, they should be a real event, which is exactly the case in AC.

Queequeg, Robilon and Buggi like this.
  20. If you have unchecked the lock camera to horizon option you can really get a feel for how bumpy the backstretch is. I made hundreds of laps on it in the tech preview so now it's my go to track with most of the new cars. I enjoy that it is small because it has that "local" feel to it. I would say the track is simple, but seeing as how I am usually more than a second a lap slower than the aliens and I have no idea how to go faster it isn't that simple after all.

A little track like this is what most of the Lotus in the game are made for. I don't care to take an Exige or Elise to Monza but they shine at Magione.

21. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Love the track. Perfect for tuning tests. No hills, banks, bumps disturbing the input.

Akis Kev, Robilon, pankykapus and 2 others like this.