1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Magione - I don't understand it...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by softgrip, Jan 24, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I really like the track and in any car, its quite fun in a car that really shouldnt be there trying to tame a beast. I really dont understand why Monza is generally the most driven track I find it boring as hell for hotlaps. A little better in a race but 3 brake zones on a 2 minute track the only thing more boring is historic monza lol.

Magione is fun in any car easy to learn quite hard to master, great to drive a track I havent seen in every other sim or game. I cant wait for Nords but would still drive magione over Monza any day unless I want an endurance test as in seeing how long I can stay awake lapping it.

No need to only have gp tracks and id really like some more small technical tracks. Id love a real rough street circuit too such as adelaide or something even tighter and bumpier where you need to deal with bumps as much as brak8ng points and apexes.

Enforcer-J and Queequeg like this.
  2. 3316V

3316V Alien

The right hander turn after the back straight is one of the hardest turns I've ever saw. When you get it right it's incredible.

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The E30 likes to get on 2 wheels through there I did do a 2 wheel drift through there a couple times looked pretty cool in slowmo :)

Turns 1 and 2 are pretty tricky as there are so many different lines you can take but for a good laptime you need to use every bit of track and most kerbs too. Some cars you need to avoid them a bit more but most of the 90 degree corners the inside wheels will be pretty much off the ground giving a little more clearance around it.

paulieGTR likes this.
  4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This. Because of the slower corners it's a nice reminder of how to (not) get understeer and the transition into oversteer. It's a blast with the E30 driftcar but also with a 1M or even a 458(if you like showboating)

I also took a few laps with the 599 and imo that's also seat of the pants and 'easy' to control.

ATM my favourite tracks are : Mugello, Silverstone AND Magione...

Cheers
    Robin

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

It is not necessary at all that you get why other people drive it. You don't like it? Don't drive it - and this thread is solved. I personally do not like Monza. It is visually beautifully modelled, one of the best looking sim-tracks I know - but driving it I find just boring, boring, boring, only he old Hockenheim was more boring. So what? Do I try to kill the joy that others get from driving it by starting a thread lamenting about it that I do not understand why others are not bored by it like I am?

nijeat, Hyji, Kyo and 1 other person like this.
  6. FenixGTR

FenixGTR Gamer

I find this track to be one of the easier tracks in the game, great way to learn.

Robin_NL and Robilon like this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

Never driven Magione outside trying the demo one time.
    The feelings you have for it are my for Silverstone and (modern) Monza.

Its all subjetiv.

The real fun starts with the NOS and tracks like Joux Plane for me. :D

Just ignore everything that isnt worth your time.
    BTW: The great thing about AC are all the modder-tracks, at least I hope so, I dont know how talented those people are layout-designingwise.

8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yep, but after doing hundreds of laps in the Tech Preview I can't stand it any more. I can't even do a good lap in it I'm that bored with it.
    But, each to their own...

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

its good fun for small powered class race cars or road cars, abarth, maybe minis caterhams... etc

10. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Yeah , but even a pig can give you a good ride ;), not that I know about things like that !!

11. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I agree, but this thread is making me want to drive Magione more so it's not all bad. :)

Stefano Pinchetti likes this.
  12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This video has to be linked to from every forum on the internet, but I just couldn't resist....

Tucker73 likes this.
  13. BlueSkies

BlueSkies Rookie

I also like this track. Probably my favorite in Assetto Corsa right now. Reminds me of the the tracks I usually go to for track days here in Sweden. Flat and twisty.

Robilon and MsportDAN like this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah i had sttc 2 which had a lot of swedish tracks i quite like them too... small little roller coasters!!

15. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

I quite like it for the right sort of car. It's horrible in anything with guts, but stick a load of superminis round it and it's perfect. It's a great first track for a career mode. Small, slow, relatively easy to learn is a good start point.

16. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I have spent most of my time on this track, I like bumps and everything that makes it more challenging... perfect track for e30

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think it would be great fun in a multi race, here is a quick 3 lap race with The M3 E92 s1 and a full grid of nutters at 100%. The AI have some issues with lockups and traction at times so there is smoke everywhere and they are a bit slow mid pack. Great way to learn how to drive in traffic as its pretty intense here with this many cars trying to get past but not wrecking anyone mainly yourself. Video still uploading may be an hour or so as yt is a little slow atm.

Also loving that I can max it out with a full grid at 2560x1440 only thing I dont have on is motion blur as I am not a huge fan of it. Also for the video AA was set at 4x and AF 8x as 16x doesnt work when set within AC for some reason atm and forcing 16x in Nv control panel gets my frames below 60 here generally around 50 with this field. But here in these races I have frame capped at 62 and the lowest I saw is 58 start of race with all the tyre smoke with 4xAA and gets to about 50 at start with 8xAA.

RatFink63 likes this.
  18. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

yeah here prices are crazy, we have so much tax load
    yeah it's crazy.. running a business in italy is crazy, we have so many artificially inflated costs

19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yes, but the upside is you live in Italy :cool:

Stefano Pinchetti likes this.
  20. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

I agree that, as long as you can have more than 60 fps to drive with, uncheking the lock camera to horizon option is the way to go... and with any sim in my opinion. (I wish I had this possibility in Ferrari virtual accademy also :(
    Plus I use 1.5 multiplyer for xyz g forces on cockpit (which is very static otherwise) and the mix is perfect for me.
    With these settings I'm able to understand exactly how the car is bumping in the road, plus the driving is also more spectacular to do and to watch.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014