1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating Question ( a wrecker lowered my score )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ted_R, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I ended up following a wrecker around last night to discourage him from bashing people. He of course took alot of shots at my car while I did that. So now my formerly wonderful minorating score is a bit tarnished. How many clean races does it take to repair that kind of damage ?

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How do you mean that you followed a wrecker? :p

eXo and Gunja like this.
  3. deci

deci Simracer

to beat the wrecker, he became a wrecker himself and thus was not indistinguishable from those evil beings anymore!

----

it is simply not a good idea to do that in the first place. if your rating has dropped significantly all you can and should do now is race clean and in case of wreckers, call an admin, or warn people and log off. avoidance!

Berniyh and Gunja like this.
  4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yep chasing a wrecker around isn't really going to help. Best thing is to stay well clear and let them spread their collisions around other people. If all their collisions are with you, MR considers you both equally guilty. Whereas if that one guy has one bump each with 23 other drivers he gets loads of CP but each other player will barely notice rating wise.

To absolve you of your sins, the lord of Minorating commands you drive 1000km before all your sins will be forgiven.

colombianomd and Gunja like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I understand following somebody to learn how they drives, observe their skill, and if they are really wreckers. I have done that a few times. Better than calling somebody a wrecker after seeing him causing an accident once or twice, which I've also done a few times :D

I don't think you'd discourage a wrecker by driving close to him, probably he'll wreck even more.

If there is an obvious wrecker, keeping crash at everyone and not getting kicked maybe it is better to leave the server.

Gunja likes this.
  6. jarqus

jarqus Racer

I think it might be a good idea, that once MR has labeled a person a wreaker. Any contact with that person is void, thus not affecting your score.

ShredatorFIN, mantasisg 2 and rge75 like this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

good idea, IMO

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

What if other people will turn into wreckers and start crashing into that guy, because their rating won't be affected?
    Not a good idea imo.

To OP, if you start crashing into "that" guy, you are playing his game. It's fun for him and he will be more annoyed if he won't be able to crash with anybody. If the situation is so bad and there's no admin on the server, just quit.

You can try driving on Nordschleife Tourist servers to get some clean KMs. Watch out, usually there are idiots on those popular banditos servers. :D

Gunja likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thats very minor downside, I think. Because it is impossible to really know if the wrecker actually has wrecker rating already.

10. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Hehe, well, I didn't actively engage him, I just became a bit of a nuisance and a distraction. Fortunately for the other drivers I was enough of a nuisance that he left :).
    I like that server and didn't want to leave, so I guess I took a hit for the team ( literally ) ;).

It's not something I've ever done before but he was positioning himself near the end of a long straight, so when he hit people the damage was so bad ( because of speed ) that their car was severely damaged. It's a popular server and many people were affected.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Do you have your MR-ID?
    Without more detailed data it's hard to say how you can improve your grade again.