1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating on official assetto corsa servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by V8_KB, Jan 19, 2016.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

First of all let me say that it's an awesome decision to run MR on official AC servers. It shows how much Kunos supports mods and modders, not only by including tracks and cars by users that later get the "touch" from KS.

MR already has proved that it does make a difference on your average public server. I hope that now when it's used also on official servers even more people will get educated about the whole project as it's not only about grades. It also should teach some racers who are coming from other racing titles that are a bit less serious, how they should change their approach to don't be "that guy".

Some of the users will likely be a bit surprised by that "MR ABCDN" thing in the server name so it might be a good call and time to make this great guide thread by @Hagen, sticky. It should help people to understand what is the purpose of MR.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...d-unable-to-join-servers-tagged-mr-abc.28370/

Hats off to @Minolin and congratulations on achieving this. Thanks for making public racing much better experience.
    Also thanks and congratulations to Kunos for supporting MR.

Wanted to do the quick "first of all let me say..." thing, but it turned out a bit longer as thoughts were coming. ;)
    I have a question to Kunos though.

Are there any plans to configure servers with different grades?

For example, ABCDN, ABCN, ABC, AB, ABN.
    I know it's early and you probably want to get the idea how all this will work out, but a word or two on that subject would be greatly appreciated.
    Just to make it clear, I'm not looking for a statement nor trying to make a request here.

It's a good day for the online community of AC. :)

2. What is the point of having mino rated servers if they all allow every rank?

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Literally the best thing ever. i hope they add the MR rating system to actual leaderboards or something. When i saw it was coming i made a very loud noise. neighbours definitely woke up.

Horus, kofotsjanne and Leemstradamus like this.
  4. Ody

Ody Racer

When did he suggest sucha thing?

5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I didn't, but that's how it is right now, hence my question. All servers are ABCDN so it's pretty much open to everyone except total wreckers (W).
    I hope it will be like that only at the beginning and when they (KS) will get used to it and know some stats about who joins, what grades etc., then there will be more variety in their servers.

We will see, that's definitely a step in the right direction.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  6. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Point is, you get rated while racing. So this gives you a chance to get from low ranks to higher ones and then race to AB-only servers.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Only #8 allowes "all", ABCDN is missing W. Although this doesn't sound like much, but you don't want those (currently 11) on a server. They are 100% guaranteed to ruin it for everybody else.
    I'd suspect that there are drivers that don't do non-MR servers on principle, at least I know some. So adding MR is opening the official servers for them again, maybe increasing some population. And we know there is a tiny - but existent - piece of placebo effect; users did report better online experience when MR was only recording before the AUTH problems have been fixed.

But I agree and recommend using at least ABN + ABC (do not mix N & C), but those are "official" servers where MR is inoffical - they need to act carefully and slowly here. In fact I'm extremly surprised we see MR there at all.
    AB-servers and such may remain "our" playground as community, I don't see a problem here.

8. But there are no AB only official servers and I can understand if Kunos don't want to implement them; it really isn't good business practice to exclude the majority of your player base from your official servers. (although I hope they do anyways)

I forgot about the W rating though, so at least the most absolute clueless and/or griefers won't be able to join.

edit while posting:
    only 11 W rated drivers? :confused:

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

some of us take it much further than that :p i'll only race on 1 server and AB only on principle :D

Horus likes this.
  10. Ody

Ody Racer

Oh sorry didn't see all the server configurations. But as the shark says, they may think this is a bad business move (although every competitive game i know with serious online play has either different servers or a matchmaking algorithm sooo... yeah)

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Even if it will stay like it is now, it will be good because the official servers will turn into MR grades "factories". Rating lots of new guys, increasing the AB(C) playerbase that is important to keep MP fun and alive and also filtering out people that aren't interested in racing.
    I haven't checked yet, but a server message about MR website will be handy too (and possibly the guide thread that I mentioned earlier, if it will be sticky), to make people aware of what that mino-something thing is.

Horus and ears1991 like this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

You need to work *very* hard for W, and completly ignore that you are banned from most of the MR servers during the process (or collect your points in your very first session).
    Reason is that I want to rely to W grades without watching them, and there must not be a single soul that is W-graded innocently.

But yes, we probably could add the lower 4th of D-grades.

You should give 7 more servers a chance now ;) I'd really like to see MR bringing back some (sensible) traffic to the official servers, as they might be the first ones newcomers try out.

But I just got the idea why ABCDN is very cool - where would you see all the colors in the new helicorsa? AB servers are really boring :p

Minowhat will spam you on your first login, shortly explaining what it's about with a website link in ~5 chat lines. This welcome message decreases with your mileage and grade, that's why you probably only know the informative "You are MR grade A or B".

Edit: agree on this maybe-sticky-thread, really. Hagen did a great job to introduce and guide newcomers here.

ears1991 and V8_KB like this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

1 server is a separate principle ;)

14. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Whats the problem in regulating drivers? If someone feels excluded they will only have to race fair for a couple off races in the lover classes
    before they rank upp. Theres to many intentionally wreckers in the servers and the whole purpouse off minorating is to exclude those from us.
    This is essential to drive the online racing in Assetto Corsa from becoming a ghost town.

15. I will probably start racing MP again if v1.5 brings the positive physics changes that my little birdies tell me it will. I hope that enabling MR will clean up the official public lobbies but I just don't see it happening while allowing anything more than ranks A, B, and N. Hope I am wrong though because I do miss MP.
    ----------------
    Not necessarily my own personal opinion, but just to offer a counter point:
    The majority of sim racers simply aren't very good and limiting servers to only good drivers could actually make AC into a ghost town instead of preventing it.

Leemstradamus and Horus like this.
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

But why make it black or white, AB only or ALL only? It can be mixed up with other configurations and ALL servers being the majority, because as Michael pointed excluding most of your players out isn't the best solution either.

17. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think the fact the servers run minorating is a big step. However, apparently its never good enough eh?

Why should official servers exclude other players just due to the fact they are new? What type of welcome do you think that is? There're private servers where they decide what type of "professional" drivers they want. I think its not a big surprise we want newcomers to join?

What about me? I dont race often, so i have a N rating, therefore, i wouldn't be able to join our own servers. Quite funny.

So yes, im not saying that the grades wont change in the future, but its our first day running minorating, whether it stays as it is now or changes will come with the time.

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Great thing to have Minorating more and more integrated into AC. Next step should be integrating it in the MP lobby, so one can filter the servers also by MR level, without the need to use the server name to list the supported ranks.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The big advantage atm is that at least all on official servers are getting rated, this will help weed out the bad eggs at least for the other servers and help get more into AB or C grade. Ideally there would be official servers for all grades down the track but at least its a start for now. Really good they are incorporating the awesome work of @Minolin and seeing the servers are all so far away from me I generally wont jump on them anyway.

LeiF, ears1991 and LeDude83 like this.