1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating on official assetto corsa servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by V8_KB, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

n is ungraded so when you allow n your allowing potential w<a graders.

a first step and a step in the right direction id say. I think you are looking at it wrong though. you shouldnt exclude n, you should provide a place for everyone to race but I dont think its fair on n's, d's or a's if you pool them all together on every server. id have something like 2 abcdn servers, 2 abc servers, 1 ab only & 1 dc only server and maybe 2 abcn servers (so ungradeds get to try racing with mostly c and above guys.) like with like is a good way to play and people wanting to get in the ab only server who cannot are going to have to race in a fair and respectful way to get there (which is great for everybody racing against them)

even if they all stay as they are im sure it will get loads more players graded and more awareness about minorating

V8_KB likes this.
  2. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

In my view, this can only be a good thing in the long run. Maybe in the beginning you will have to setup, configure and tune the settings on different servers to allow for people of all skill level to join atleast a few servers and "level up".

But personally, since MR was released, I too have experienced much, much better racing online and online is where it's at for me. So hats off to Mr Minolin, MR and Kunos! Also, hats off to ALOOG, Andy Riches, V8, LeiF and the other lads for also contributing to my (back marker) sim racing experience.

LeiF, Leemstradamus, V8_KB and 2 others like this.
  3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

ABN makes sense cause then the new guys learn the system from people who are good drivers; anyway the grading system doesn't take all that long to decide what group you're in (esp. for W - you don't need to complete any driving distance, just intentionally crash a few times)

Leemstradamus and Minolin like this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Exactly, speaking truth here.

Depends on how you mix the grades, as said. ABC or ABN servers are doing great, but it really is about the track/car(s) combo and effort of a few to get more to the server, than it´s about grades.

If you can just remotely drive and behave in mp, as an N-grade you´d rarely ever get downgraded to D or W instantly. Meaning you will most probably get to C or B very quickly at first.
    Totally understand that all official servers in the beginning run open grades except W, but in the future that will have to change at least on a few servers, or D grades and to some extent also C grades will take the joy from N-grades (and AB) that enters that can actually drive. I think A and B grades will be hard to keep on open grade servers. At least my experience with MR servers since we got it :)

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is great! I have been driving quite a lot of ALOOG gt2 spa and the difference since they added minorating is like night and day. Its probably because admins have banned wreckers too but minorating makes it a lot more fun and im sure that some people wont be able to join because of it. What is best? Minorating or sliced bread? Its a hard to decide.

public online racing can actually get pretty intense and hopefully this will make people come back to online if they had given up on it,.

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I imagine it takes a fair bit of crashing to be W if there are only 11 of them so far.
    maybe abn but im not sure if many ab's would want to join... up to the host I suppose.
    there are plenty of ab guys out there already for AB only. as I mentioned in the mino drivers thread. last saturday from 6-11pm we had about 70drivers do a lap on aloog1 (ab only)

7. scampy71

scampy71 Rookie

You'll hate me for this I'm sure, but can I just say as an occasional MP player, I've now given up thanks to this minorating thing. Suddenly I couldn't join any servers (with actual people on them) thanks to my non-rank, then I think I managed to get one race, someone hit me and now I can't join anything. So forget it, my time is too precious to be messing around trying to impress some automated ranking system.
    Let me fend off obvious snipes - I've been virtual racing for about as long as the concept existed and used to compete in GPL. I know my way around a track and how to stay out of trouble.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You can just join a server that allow all ratings and get your rating up, see it as hotlapping/practice. I dont think there need to be other drivers on the server. Someone correct me if im wrong.

9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Very sorry to hear that, this is clearly the opposite of the project's intentions. Be assured I'm very serious about casuals and newcomers, maybe even with the outcome that the system is way too careful to be as useful as it could be.
    Looking at your numbers I can't reproduce a blocking, I can just say you've never been online since MR 2.0.

Whenever you enter a server that allowes C you should be fine. The new official servers will even let you room to drop to D without problems.

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I wish I was at my pc so I could post facepalm!
    if doing 2or3 races in a server that includes n/d is too much trouble for the sake of cleaning up public racing in a big way then maybe try a different game :/
    this is senseless

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    LeiF, Ricky Reject, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  11. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

I like this step! Had in the last few weeks some very good races on those MR servers. Anoying thing is, that there are only a few servers are in the lobby, with interesting car/track combination. usually there are only Nordschleife tracks or at least one good server with Brands Hatch and GT3 cars for more then 2 weeks at the moment.

I would love to see more servers with GT3 and different tracks or at least, a track rotation system for servers where after 1-3 races the track changes.

But at least this MR thing forces me to pay attention how i drive and it makes me drive better!

12. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I don't see the problem for Kunos having one or two "official servers" running MR AB only. That still leaves 6 other servers open to everyone else, right? Or maybe one MR AB only and one MR ABC only. I don't look at it as excluding people. I look at it as you just don't have access to something yet until you improve your skill. It's kind of like how certain events are locked in career mode until you complete the lower skilled events.

Leemstradamus, fbiehne and Quffy like this.
  13. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Whats really missing is a ranking system with MR. Only a ABCD skill grade isn´t enaugh for me. If i spend time on servers, sure i do it to have fun of course, but if there where a ranking system where i can see statistics on which track i drove which time, how many races i have done and so on, it would spice up the whole MP!

fbiehne and Quffy like this.
  14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I dont think skill comes into it with minorating as much as respect for others. you could be 20secs off pace consistently and still be grade A as long as your doing your best to avoid contact and respect fellow gamers on track. obviously being a similar pace to others you race against helps as you get more attack range points for being near them.

15. scampy71

scampy71 Rookie

I suspect I used it in an earlier incarnation. I used to race on aloog servers when I had the chance. I got one race, I think there was a first corner crash, and that was the end of my ability to join back to that server. At which point my attention span gave up.

Anyway, I will give it another go sometime. It does look like a clever idea at least.

Leemstradamus and ears1991 like this.
  16. scampy71

scampy71 Rookie

Call me the counter argument. Now debate like a grown up.

Andy-R likes this.
  17. Minolin

I have to assume that it was a little bit different - in detail, but ok it's quite some time ago. You need either 40km distance or really a lot of contact to even leave the newcomer-grade N. So it's unlikely that you join, have one corner and something did change.

I think you really should. Most of the feedback is very good, even from people who didn't like MR in the first place.

ears1991 likes this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yeah, publicly declaring your giving up on a game because a guy hit you and the system that someone created to protect you from this meant you couldnt instantly join the 23player server you were in is a level of maturity I dont yet possess. im still young though, give it time

cooknn, Ricky Reject and LeDude83 like this.
  19. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

anyone actually seen the official servers active since they added MR? theyve all had 0 players both times i checked today and yday :(

20. Minolin

That's because everybody else comes to the same conclusion :p

ears1991 likes this.