1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[MP] Selecting a server

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Juergen Herrmann, May 11, 2014.

1. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Hi guys,

please do me a big favour and switch on your brain while searching for a MP server. Sounds harsh? It should!

If you are e.g. from outside europe and you find a Dedicated Server from Germany, it make no sense to join this server. You would have so massive lags, wich will destroy the race for everybody else.

Our Server (Project-Race.De) is located in Germany. Please join our Dedicated Server only, if you`re sure, you have no lags. From my Simracing experience with Dedicated Server, a connection, from outside Germany to a German Server, wouldn`t be possible without lags. Maybe in some very rare cases, but most, not.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited: May 11, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Save the Exos [MP] May 12, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Hange/freeze on selecting Drive after update 1.10.1 Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Gameplay GTWCE and GTWCA mixed together when selecting 2023 tab Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione. UE4- AC2 When selecting car in multiplayer Jan 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Hard reboot of whole system when selecting game mode [PSU failure] Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 2020 Season Quick Race Max 23 AI [selecting Sprint entry will populate Sprint cup field] Jan 9, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Selecting GT4 DLC in single player partially bricks game when selecting no to purchasing DLC. Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Noob question about selecting official cars.. Feb 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Set default view to cockpit view instead of chase cam, when selecting instant replay after pause? Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Audio Selecting Audio Source Sep 16, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Selected repair options reset after pit stop; glass repaired w/o selecting body repair option May 6, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game will not load after selecting track Nov 1, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [no issue] Car jumpstarts when selecting gear. Jul 17, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues When selecting new car for single-make offline race, car doesn't change like before Jul 15, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ac will not run; returns to game menu after selecting 'start'; 'benchmark' Jan 18, 2016

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I've just done a race on an US server and I didn't have any problem. I did have a ping of 120-130 though but it didn't give any problems during the race. I think the problem is that people with unstable internet connections are joining and messing it up.
    I do agree that people from Hong-Kong or somewhere near there shouldn't be on the EU servers. Since a ping of 300 is too high (still not over 9000!!!!).

4. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

With a Ping of 120-130 you could be nearly sure, that the other driver has seen you with a lot of lags (disappearing/appearing). A working Ping should be around 50ms.

I agree with you, that a lot of driver didn`t understand, that e.g. WLAN isn`t suitable for Simracing.

//Edit: i have just done a race too. There was e.g. one driver from (i believe) Italy. He was bouncing around...horrible.

5. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Till 150 is the absolute maximum, but anyway the server owners need pingkicker or pinglimit.
    The Players doesnt care if ping 100 or 300 as they are smooth driving on their perspective, but not for the rest like u stated Jürgen :)

Juergen Herrmann likes this.
  6. ABernardo

ABernardo Racer

I sense a touch of elitism here. Granted, WLAN is not ideal, but what's the harm in checking to see if it will work with a decent amount of clients? I'm trying to form a small league and have kept members (except for two) to USA connections only. I did have a German fellow jump on and his ping was 150. With us two on the track I saw no lagging. But that might change as more join, for sure.

The USA guy had a ping of 64, which would appear to be sufficient. The way I see it, if I can get 20 people we could pull our resources and actually rent a server. That would be where I would want to go, in the long run.

Alan

7. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

I did 24h races in a german/french/us servers with no problems (i´m in brazil). And yes the admins checked our connections!

Most of my races are in Us servers with about 160ms, no problem at all.

Ping isn´t the only factor in connection quality. Yesterday i had a race in a US server, fight for position with an austrian guy without problems while had to give a little margin to a german guy who was lagging. So distance from the server isn´t everything.

8. Acextreme

Acextreme Gamer

Do we have a choice? Sometimes, we don't! Fortunate for you guys in Europe and USA. What about us in South East Asia? Even Australian server (yes, there's only 1!!!) has a lag of ~150ms. Tell us what can we do? :rolleyes:

9. jamba

jamba Racer

Ask Angela Merkel to join EU , that would be awesome!

PhenOm likes this.
  10. tekk

tekk Rookie

11. KeRo

KeRo Gamer

Does anybody know if we can rent servers and run it through the service (In Australia). I have searched around and can't find them anywhere. I would like to host my own server but with my connection I know this won't be possible. Being in Australia there are very few servers running with people in them of a night, so sometimes I have no option but to jump in a US or as a last resort a server in Europe.

12. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

Being an Aussie. Pings lower than 400, in any game. Ever. are considered fast.

13. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

my problem too. also few people are online because you're all sleeping (i guess).

Dick Forrest likes this.
  14. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

Yeah, I do see Aussie / Asian servers with mythical pings below 100, I nearly fall off my chair seeing such pings... Never in my life.
    But then, out of the 10-15 servers.. Not a single person on them..

So too bad... 400 ping servers! Make room for the shakers!
    I'm not sure why people get so upset at this stage.. on open servers. We aren't racing for keys!

15. PinaKillada

PinaKillada Rookie

Get your head out of you *** mate, just for that you can expect me to rock up with my 4 digit pings for the next couple days or until I get bored, see you soon for some racing mate :)