1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Multiplayer just horrible

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Dec 9, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm playing this game since release, and Ive to say the online is just horrible!!

• First of all when you have the lobby list in front of you you see the lobbies here I'm writing this watching the server list in from of me, it says"GT3 at Barcelona, 7/16 clients" when I click on it"race in progress", so I'm asking myself why in the f...k is this lobby still visible when the race is ON?!

• When you enter a lobby then you get a message"no available cars", so again why is the lobby visible, why can go go in it when all slots are full?! WHY!????!?!??

• When I got to somehow in the lobby, first chicane I was hit, pushed of the track even hit on the very same start by idiots!

• Looking now my browser, lost empty after like 5min one or two lobbies appear in the style 10/16 slots when kick race is in progress (?!?)!!

• Nordschleife bug, when qualifying is done it never changes to race!!!!

So really frustrating that you CANT have a nice race with others. I really love the game but this is really not funny anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    SkechBG and ppbucko like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer strange connection problems - multiplayer lobbys Mar 21, 2023

3. The only useful advice I can give to you, is to surround yourself by trusted online friends on console, and race with them. You can find a lot of clean drivers in this forum: add them to your PS4/Xbox1 contacts and have fun with them. ;)

Random races are too risky, and often you meet trolls/dirty drivers.

4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

MP for GT3 Monza is always K.O.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

I hardly ever qualify, even on servers I trust. I start from the back and work my way forward. The reason for this is I know I am an aggressive driver (I have an Minorating of A, so I am not naughty) and so starting from the back gives me time to see how those in front of me race and learn the ways of those I have never raced with before. Then it matters little about winning and more about the racing craft. Maybe that would work better for you as well in open servers.

Fat-Alfie and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. tony wenham

tony wenham Rookie

start at the back work your way through
    multiplayer is full of idiots crash on the first corner then sit in the middle of the road
    or keep pressing restart session all the time
    it should be you hit 3 people your sent back to the pits for the rest of the race
    or a color code next to your name green good black bad so you can kick the crashers and end up in a clean room

Horus likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

After a t1 mayhem the entire grid would be sent back to pit during the entire race if only 3 hit was allowed. :p It can become a game of pinball.

8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I think there shouldn't be alternatives like"start from the back","find nice squad"...or something like that. I know that they're idiots online, from 10 races I quit 9 on the that 10th I quit after one/two laps bcoz he's like waiting you to overlap him and he smashes you, they need to be an solution and more strickt Penalty system.

I know that this game is a fresh one but we're on the 10th patch/update and we can't talk slowly anymore"it's a fresh game". Fees if we take time as a reference but otherwise Kunos need to start focusing now on the MP Aspect.

Bas Cats likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You are on the 2nd (or 3rd?) patch :p

Horus likes this.
  10. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I agree with what others have said, find yourself a like-minded group of friends, it's the best way to enjoy racing online.

Nordschleife isn't a bug the rooms are set up as track days, basically just a long practice session. Nordschleife track days are a popular event and I think AC have tried to capture that spirit.

There are some skilled racers out there on all platforms so it is worth persevering. Nothing more frustrating than random crashers though on that I totally agree with you.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  11. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Can anyone direct those of us interested in clean racers? Post your gamertag/website etc?

12. Horus

Horus Alien

Did that dummy you just spat out break the sound barrier? WOW! You have nothing to win when online, get over the idiots as they are everywhere (even A-B Minorated servers on PC). Go and enjoy racing for the sake of racing. If you cannot start at the back and enjoy overtaking those that would wreck you out, then stick to offline racing/practice. Honestly, is it worth worrying about the loons, they will not worry about you, they actually feed off of your aggressive attitude. Swear at them, abuse them, wreck them back they will love you for it. MOVE ON!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good stuff Horus!
    Just imagine being on a El ßanditos Nordschleife server...
    The ever loved P1, followed by the TheFerrari, don't get it through Tiergarten...
    then you have that promising BMW M3 following you to the Hatzenbachbogen...
    Firstly he arrives on the wrong side, then he brakes too late, and totally misses the apex. Getting the momentum on through the following corners, is like talking to a duck...
    Having lost that precious speed at Hocheichen, let's you look stupidly slow at Quiddelbacher Höhe, the Hiatus to being fast after Flugplatz.

Horus likes this.
  14. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Horus and his pumpkin still trolling the console forum. Oh well. Why would we expect clean online racing when we can't even have a clean console forum?

iwanchek and MBK72 like this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You care to read, or are you just out of that curve ?

I have just made up my mind...
    The Consoleros like to moan that much, I haven't found a positive thread on the new updates, yet.
    Just the silly, I don't get what I want, threads....

Silly, you don't get a community starting, that way!

Have that community over at PC place, thanks!
    @Horus : you're an ***... :)
    :D

Horus likes this.
  16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Who'll take them seriously? Not me so :)

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

They're not! It say in the description that's a 3/4 lap race and the flag comes up when the qualy is done. I know what am I talking about don't worry :)

MBK72 likes this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Chap,
    Do you know about the art of deescalation?
    No? ...
    Horus will have a comment on that.

...o_O

19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Stay on topic

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just did, chap.

21. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

How are you quitting 9 out of 10 races? There are a few idiots and bad drivers online but you clearly aren't adapting either by the sound of it. I raced online for 3 hours last night and didn't have to quit once despitr a couple of bad drivers. This is not the games fault, even if it had ratings etc it can still happen.

LeDude83, Horus, Tomcul and 1 other person like this.