1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Multiplayer just horrible

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Dec 9, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I do qualify, get like in front row my position, start/first turn one/two cars hit me on purpose, smash into the barrier, try to pick up the race again no chance....and so on....

On my side here it's really ridiculous and I really don't have time or nerves to sit few hours trying to find few of them who are willing to race normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I was explaining just one situation but that's info it's obvious to much for you to handle as it seems so your trolling. You don't have to do that. Just stay on topic please and if you've something constructive to address -please if not stop posting nonsense and try to provoke me.

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

"When you have the balls to buy a PC" :D

Dangit!. I would have bought a PC for gaming instead of a console if I had known it would make me more manly, courageous, intelligent and mature!. Classic.

:rolleyes:

4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Brilliant! My PC is called a Titan Overlord "destroyer of worlds" (ok I made that last bit up) or some such nonsense to disguise the fact it is a big ugly square black box of nerdy electronics for people who like fiddling with endless settings and installing updates to get the bloody thing to run properly. Then there are the endless cables for the Rift VR. With AC there is further messing about to install apps for things like leaderboards. I find the whole process frustrating but the end result is often amazing so it is a trade-off.

With the consoles, pop the disk and most of the time they just work and chatting to friends on the same system is easy. Most games have easy to use leaderboards, friends challenge systems and keeping this mildly on topic stable online play. This is why they have a place.

:D As for these adverts they just reinforce the point for me:
    [​IMG]

ppbucko and Pleite like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Most of the times I just press the icon and the games run so that is not something console exclusive. You can also use voice chat trough steam and keep track of achievements and see friends achievements. You make it sound like PC gaming is something difficult.

Im not sure why someone would be less badass for not playing on a PC though. Does it really take balls? :D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Pleite likes this.
  6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

You must be luckier than me then. I get plenty of steam and windows games that take extra effort to run, then the extra effort to find the 'right' settings. A quick look at the Steam community pages tells me I'm far from alone in having these issues. Last night the Rift decided to throw a hissy fit, at first the Touch hands became unresponsive, then the headset couldn't be recognised...about 20 minutes of unplugging cables, restarting the PC and so on to get everything working again. In my experience consoles are much more straightforward, most of the time.

I wouldn't call the install process for things like RSR Live Timing easy either in the AC context, I've seen plenty of threads where people have struggled.

ppbucko likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You can just keep the settings that the game comes with. If you want to change settings to make the experience during the hours and hours you will playing the game better, 5-10 minutes to find the 'right' settings cant really be considered an effort. I have never understood the mindset that choices is something you want to stay away from. The rift setup is not a pc issue, thats a rift issue.

edit: If you want to keep discuss it lets do that on PM. This is really offtopic. :)

MBK72 likes this.
  8. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

No nothing more to add, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

Back on topic, we had some great XOne racing online again last night in the GT2 cars and the Tatuus with 8 friends and a few randoms. The framerate was stable for the most part, good enough to race. The racing was great, the cars handled perfectly and it'll be good to get the indicator arrows back to help when cars are alongside but voice chat helps with that. @iwanchek I seem to remember you are on PS4 but if you are on Xbox add me and I'm sure you'll soon find some clean satisfying racing.

ppbucko and kofotsjanne like this.
  9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I must say since the last patch on xbox the online racing has been quality, The number of people online is abysmal, average is about 20 players per night. Those who are on seem to be clean racers, wanting to race properly, so that's good. A/c online physics wise with wheel is the best on console, you can race close together, the way the cars react to one another is best on console. How can we get more people onto this game, social media, word and mouth are the obvious ways buts here is my problem, I wouldn't feel happy telling people at the moment to go out to buy a/c to play online, the online mode just isn't up to scratch game wise on xbox. The frame rate is much improved but still not perfect, the sheer lack of any customisable features is just useless, no private servers, can only take part in what's on offer, not a great selection to be had. I'm waiting for the big multiplayer update, whatever that's going to consist off who knows, its still a secret to come SOON, if that transforms the multiplayer as much as the latest patch has to the game then I will have no regrets in recommending this game to others.

Getting back on subject, iwancheck are you on xbox if you are your quite welcome to come and join our small racing community.

As for the other subject my pc is called xbox one and I'm very very very happy with it, reason for this Horus is on anther platform but you wouldn't think so with all the clueless posts he puts in the console section.

MBK72 and kofotsjanne like this.
  10. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I don't mean to argue that your opinion is wrong, but there are reasons for some of the changes you've observed.

For a while, the forums were full of complaints that no one was racing online. Part of the reason for this perception was that servers with races that were full or in progress didn't appear in the server browser.

Showing full and race-in-progress servers has the benefit that if you want to race in a server that is full, or close to full, you can simply wait for the race to finish. Slots are bound to open, and you can hop in. The same is true of the full servers. You can wait in the lobby for a spot to open. If these servers don't appear in the list at all, you don't even have that option.

It is easy to see if a server is full. The servers are sorted by active players, so you can look at the number of clients, and just skip the ones that are full. The server race status (qualify, race, and time remaining) is also shown on the lobby screen, so it only takes a moment to check.

I realize this might not be your preference, but it is a compromise for those of us who do want to wait on active servers.

11. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm on PS4 platform thnx for the warm invite

paul_wev likes this.
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Also, this could be a very good solution

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ng-races-from-those-you-can-qualifying.40304/

paul_wev likes this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Now frustrated idiots just park on the start/finish line sideways to block incoming cars!!

Insane!

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I can see what your on about, German series at imola lobby 10/16 players 6 off them my mates. Ok great I joined the lobby no cars available. There's only 5 of each car available and there's only 2 cars. Can't anybody at Kunos do maths you need 8 cars of each type to fill the lobby.

15. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Add me on PSN if you will

16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

o_O Never noticed it.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

From memory I'm sure one game had this. Was it Grid Autosport?

18. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Actually last night I played 4 or 5 games and I was smashed off in every single race even with my avoidance skills

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

19. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Same here. Racing GT3s last night. One guy repeatedly bumping in to people. I don't think it was deliberate, I genuinely believe he didn't have a clue. Attempting overtakes on EVERY corner, on the outside, on the inside, even going in to Eau Rouge on the right hand side! I would happily buy a copy of Forza Motorsport 6 for these people.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just let those guys pass, later you will be able to overtake them while they are taking a trip to one of the gravel traps or into the barrier. :) I have noticed that this usually happens the next turn.

Plato99 and MakaveliA7X like this.