1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My Open Letter For ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jardier, Jan 24, 2023.

1. 100% agree... it´s the best simulator, i love this game, but i feel abandoned too... this simulator has the potential to become the best one of all if they just make it better... thank you for expressing what a lot of us feel (and can´t write in english).

2. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

Hear hear!

3. Dante Jimenez

Dante Jimenez Rookie

16) Fixed setups - Again, iracing has this, you can even upload some certain fix setup to everyone.
    Even AC1 has it!
    Would also be perfect for rookies. I can imagine lets say single Porsche GT3 series with one setup from certain driver upload for everyone with just tyre pressure and selection change and fuel = perfect.
    Also would motive more people to drive single class series.

Thats something that i would not agree with, most of the people i race with are too lazy for setups, and everytime i race with them on other games like ac or ams2 they will always block the setups, gosh i hate that, its so unrealistic.

Ale Robles likes this.
  4. Tolga Yılmaz

Tolga Yılmaz Rookie

Agree the points. I just make this post reappear on the list to, hopefully, highlight on developers side.
    I would say that I feel there is some arrogance and being detached from the player base is going on Kunos side. Even though you try to love this game more they definitely holding you back.

DennisSuarez likes this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

,... "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet",...

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

sps_for_race, Luis Branco and marph like this.
  7. I wonder if Rwaggy (https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetizione/comments/11molqa/hello_im_the_ac_community_manager/) is really the Assetto Corsa Community Manager for 505Games.
    In this capacity he asserts among other things:
    "Roadmap is pending release. Once I've got permission I'll release it immediately. There is an update coming very soon which is the BIGGEST update ACC has ever had"
    and
    "I can't go into specific details on the stuff that hasn't yet been announced but I can say this game is definitely not dying anytime soon. THe content that has been confirmed is the three GT3 cars: Ferrari 296, Porsche 992 and Lamborghini Evo (2) and then of course the GT2 cars".

8. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

Maybe Kunos could confirm or deny if he is the community manager?

alexgeotech09 likes this.
  9. Nico1979 likes this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So does mean that Kunos is NOT responsible for announcements/road maps ?

11. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

He is. It’s right there in the title of the Reddit thread you posted! Not quite sure why you’re questioning it?

Dewald Nel likes this.
  12. Do you really think that everything you read on forums is true? The world, and especially the web, is full of braggarts. Anyone could have written that post, posing as another person.

13. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Lol. Rather odd the lengths you’re going to disbelieve whether someone’s a community manager of a racing sim or not. We’re not talking about 9/11 or UFO’s here. It’s been widely known for a while that he is in fact the community manager. Again, I find it odd you’d even question it in the first place.

14. Wakes up!!! Anyone could have written on reddit posing as Rwaggy (who is not as famous as you say since others have also written here who don't know him).

15. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Kunos Simulazioni is part of the Digital Bros and it's a large listed company. Kunos cannot release the road map just like that as they like - it must be approved by a various parties inside the Digital Bros, I guess.

It was discussed here, too: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eneric-discussion.67961/page-272#post-1224484

It looked like a spontaneous AMA, so it wasn't advertised anywhere like a big thing, I think.

Turk, Mogster and LATE4APEX like this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If you are responding to my post, I have NEVER posted in a Reddit tread.

So once again, it sounds like announcements/road maps of this importance, is NOT the responsibility of Kunos staff, therefor, all of the wining children here, should apologize to Kunos staff, for their childish insulting etc.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think people should keep in mind that the methods and tools with which people communicate and work change over time.
    Back in the AC days there was much more going on in this forum, it was much more lively. Just look at the number of messages in this forum (just over 70000) and the number of messages in the AC Chit Chat (over 330000).
    Sure, the comparison is a bit unfair, since there was posting in the Chit Chat also after ACC was released, but that's insignificant in comparison to what happened before.
    Even back then, there were some team members that clearly preferred other ways of communication and rarely posted on the forums.
    Maybe discussing things on the forums just isn't their thing anymore. Forums in general have become less relevant in the last decade.
    Personally, I don't like that, because I really don't like stuff like TikTok, Twitter and Reddit, but I can't change it either.
    btw, it always reminds me of this xkcd :D
    https://xkcd.com/1782/

The other thing people should keep in mind is that the Kunos team has grown a bit over the years. That means that people and their roles change a bit and that can mean that previous ways of communication are now reduced or even abandoned, because again different people like different things. And the original members like Aris might have increased responsibilities and just don't find the time anymore to chat with us.

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

There's one "little" thing: if the forum is becoming "irrelevant" (both between quotes because it's not literally little nor (yet) irrelevant), perhaps Kunos/505 Games/Digital Bros/who is managing communications/players feedback/discussions could link in this forum the now preferred channels to be used instead for feedback/discuss/communicate about AC/ACC/(in future)AC2.

When searching for Assetto Corsa and navigating to the site there’s still a link to this forum (it's also linked in reddit).
    I don't see facebook, twitter or reddit to be structured enough to act as a place of support/information.
    Just check the Blog section in this forum and think of how that could be structured inside facebook, twitter or reddit. Those platforms are basically structured as a phone messages app, very different from a forum structure.

There's nothing wrong in using other platforms besides the forum I just don't see why leaving the forum behind or neglecting it as a way of communicating/informing/announcing is beneficial.