1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My Open Letter For ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jardier, Jan 24, 2023.

1. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

So, it took me until today to remember this hint of yours, and I cannot thank you enough - this is exactly what I needed. Also, not only the MFD stays visible, the radar works as well. Sweet!

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, which F2 button is this in-game?

3. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

For me, it's the same button on the wheel I assigned to "Cycle HUD up".
    F2.jpg

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Oh ok, was wondering what the F2 was in-game.

So it works also by 'holding' it for it to disappear, didn't know that. Thanks.

5. J.Osap

J.Osap Gamer

Hi everyone. it would be very nice if the second driver could act as manager. That is, modify the pit strategy in order to make realistic what happens in the pits when there are two or more drivers on the same car. Change tyres, pressures, fuel, damage etc.... Thank you
    Giovanni Pasolini

6. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

I thought I might share my thoughts as someone who plays ACC purely as a single player experience. I am not a fan of multiplayer games in general, and much prefer to play offline with AI opponents, with the exception of local co-op (my brother and I often get together and do an offline endurance race, swapping with each pit stop).

As a single player game, ACC is very good, the AI are fun to race against and on higher difficulties can put up a very good challenge, I like the little quality of life features that have been added over the years too, like multiclass racing and the ability to customise a race weekend with specific ratios of AI cars.

For me the 2 biggest features I would like to see implemented before ACC is inevitably abandoned, is safety cars and AI driver swaps. Longer races feel a little weird without the occasional intervention of a safety car to bunch up the field, often large gaps can build up and become nearly impossible to overcome. Look no further than this years Bathurst 1000 to see why long green flag periods can lead to dull outcomes. As for the 2nd point, I think it would be really cool to be able to swap out of the car and let the AI take over for a stint, it makes running a longer offline endurance race in one sitting more feasible, and also provides a chance to watch the race from the outside, see how the overall race is unfolding, and look back over replays and analyse telemetry. Older sim racing titles like GTR2 allowed for this, and I always really liked it! You could even give the player various ways to coach the AI, like the B-Spec mode in the old Gran Turismo games; tell them when to push, when to conserve fuel/tires, and when to come into the pits. As someone who spends all their time racing offline, this would be an absolute game-changer for endurance races.

As for future content, I am really hoping (although I accept it is likely not going to happen) to see GT World Challenge Australia content added to the game. I live on Phillip Island in Australia, just 5 minutes down the road from the track, and have been to every GT World Challenge event held here in the last few years, it feels weird seeing the cars racing with ACC stickers on them, despite not actually appearing in the game. It would be amazing to see Phillip Island, as well as some of the other tracks, added to ACC, along with say 20 or so liveries (like the America DLC). I am obviously biased, but I know these tracks would be popular with non-Australians, I could see a DLC pack that includes Phillip Island, Adelaide, and Sandown, 3 very popular Aussie tracks. I am doubtful anything like this would ever happen, but I figure it's worth voicing my interest in it.

7. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

We are mid november 2023 and your post is from end of january 2023. Will this roadmap going to see the light one day ?

CrazyJow, kamkie and Dewald Nel like this.
  8. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer