1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My Open Letter For ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jardier, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I don't think irrelevant is the right term here. If you post a bug or criticism, they will likely read it, as you can also see in this thread.
    The question is how much of a reaction/reply you might get if you spawn some discussion or feedback on a topic and that might be less than it used to be.

2. StratusFear81

StratusFear81 Rookie

I'm really hoping the AI gets some TLC in this update. I only play single player and I know that's not the focus for this game, but when doing endurance races with 30+ cars, it really kills the vibe after just an hour of racing it's just you and maybe 3 AI cars competing for the front. Everyone else is relegated to lapped traffic at that point. Full-course yellows may help, but that doesn't look like that's happening either.

Turk, earlyapex and sps_for_race like this.
  3. Skobbejaap

Skobbejaap Rookie

In a ln endurance league I am part of, we had multiple teams (more than 3, my team included) get locked out of their car in the pits after handing over the car to a different driver. And before anyone says it is the join order, it is not in this case. It was the 3rd time the car was being handed of between the same two drivers in the case of my team. The solution was for everyone to disconnect and take a massive time loss. This is not the first endurance race where I have seen this issue either. Please at least put out a statement of how to avoid the issue, or even better, fix the bug.

I love ACC, but this sort of bugs is killing ACC endurance.

4. Skobbejaap

Skobbejaap Rookie

Could you elaborate on why this will not be looked at? Why is it so technically difficult? Or could you please link to the discussions you mentioned?

This is a core element of ACC in my opinion, and should not be a "ah well, we tried and gave up" feature.

5. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

This discussion is years long, it's all over the place here and there - it would be hard to find exact quotes from the developers... In short, if I remember correctly: this whole drivers swap feature was experimental from the start. And to make it 100% bulletproof and usable the whole multiplayer side of the ACC should be rewritten - it's a huge, huge task and there is no time nor people for that and there are other priorities. But it was some time ago - maybe the landscape is different now.

CurtisNewton likes this.
  6. DennisSuarez

DennisSuarez Gamer

To me that sounds very lazy, considering the core aspect of this game is the endurance racing. Even SRO esports has massive endurance races, I cant understand how they would not try to fix the bugs regarding driver swap...

Skobbejaap likes this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Time is money, cost/benefit.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  8. DennisSuarez

DennisSuarez Gamer

Yeah thats probably it. Very annoying though

9. Jardier

Jardier Gamer

Roadmap? :(:(:(

class800, chksix and ZeMadMan932 like this.
  10. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

It seems that the main goal of new community manager is to hold back the roadmap. And he is doing his job very well.

11. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

Sadly it isn't up to him haha.

12. DennisSuarez

DennisSuarez Gamer

You cant blame the community manager. Since he has been here, we had more communication and infos than ever. The roadmap release isnt up to him.

Mogster likes this.
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

o_O

14. FLATPAT

FLATPAT Gamer

Had a fortune cookie today, and the note said:
    "Soon ACC will publish the new roadmap" :)
    come on guys be patient we can't expect everything at once.

15. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Never believe cookies.

16. underd0g

underd0g Racer

What if the roadmap only says 'end of the road'?

Androphonomania and Andrew_WOT like this.
  17. rnavasg

rnavasg Gamer

For my it would be a bad decision to stop the development of ACC. We all know that AC is coming next year, but I think that both games are fully compatible, one oriented to competition in the gt series and the second one for more casual driving with street cars and multiserial.
    Feeding ACC with 2 DLCs per year (cars and circuits), completing all the SRO series: TCs, GT4s, America, Asia, EU, AU even TCs France, have enough content for several years and would surely justify the business case.
    The circuits developed for ACC could be used too for AC. I would and surely most of the people buy the content for both platforms without hesitating.
    I hope that this famous road map shows a further development of ACC for many years.
    Long live to ACC.

18. Tolga Yılmaz

Tolga Yılmaz Rookie

I may marry acc

chksix likes this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

I rarely get to play this game but I made the effort to take out the rig this weekend to try the DLC. I found myself faster than before the DLC update but now the 100% AI is no challenge at all on some tracks, it's like I'm in a different class of car.

The feeling from the cars just gets better and better though.

dek and chksix like this.