1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nascar DLC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Metal, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Metal

Metal Racer

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Ivan_Godween1328 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Discord.me/ASRL Assetto Corsa Oval Racing in NASCAR 2020 Mod on Tuesdays at 9PM EDT starting August Aug 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room NASCAR Euro series ? They run some great tracks!! Apr 10, 2018
    Liveries [Request]Skin 1966 Ford Fairlane nascar May 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nascar at magione?!? Sep 5, 2015
    General modding discussion Nascar request Apr 7, 2015
    3D car models Nascar? Dec 29, 2014
    3D car models Nascar sprint cup car series Sep 14, 2014
    3D car models Help with modeling this nascar Aug 30, 2014
    Liveries Nascar #14 inspired fantasy livery for urd corvette c6r (updated aug 2) Aug 1, 2014
    3D car models 1985/2014 nascar cars Jul 4, 2014
    Liveries MP4-12C GT3 - #10 GoDaddy NASCAR Sprint Cup May 26, 2014
    General modding discussion Nascar Rules / Drafting Apr 7, 2014
    3D car models INTERSTATE BATTERIES 2013 NASCAR @ Tatuus Abarth Dec 21, 2013
    3D car models Official Euro Racecar NASCAR Touring Series May 1, 2013
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024

3. esox71

esox71 Alien

Hmmmm...

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

problem with nascar is that it isnt very big outside of USA, the demographics at steamspy show that Europe dominate in terms of sales, this creates a parity because its a dlc that some fans will just flatout not want.

The great thing with dlc 1-3 is that they had all sorts of cars, while there was a sort of main theme for each (dp1 90s dtm, dp2 road, dp3 gt3 imo) they had a little bit of everything.

F430_458_F12 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Although I'm kind an oval racing fan, I wouldn't support this suggestion. No offense, but the AI is gonna suck (which will waste loads of devs' time and effort) and people will complain a lot. I think it makes more sense to just let the modding community make this happen (I believe I've seen some mods released already).
    However I would love to see any US tracks laserscanned and published in AC. Oval or road course.

Patrik Marek, Octane and arthur666 like this.
  6. Nascar is so much oval racing. There are no oval tracks in AC. I wouldn't buy it. And even if it was a pack with multiple oval tracks I wouldn't buy it. Because it's oval track racing.

LeDude83, aphidgod and Horus like this.
  7. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

No thanks. iRacing already has a massive focus on Nascar and rF2 added them as well. Nascar would be the least purchased DLC on AC bay far, and the vast majority of users would not want them. With the limited resources that Kunos has it would be an awful choice. The post you linked is from early 2013 and is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Patrik Marek and Seria17hri11er like this.
  8. esox71

esox71 Alien

PS4/North America/AC/Nascar/Money?

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

I'd rather like to see Indycars. But we can all agree NASCAR, Indycar and other American series won't happen. I'm sure there will be some great mods in the future.

Haxin likes this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

I would like to see American tracks that have corners but would not be interested at all with ovals. In the end they were only made to see who could run moonshine the fastest in the prohibition era. Leave it to modders who think it is worthy of their time, or as a training exercise, as let's face it making a roundy-roundy is not as difficult as making a proper racing circuit.

Apologies to those who like ovals, I have never liked them and will never understand the interest in them. Yes, I have taken part in some, but my how boring can a race really get. Sorry oval fans, it's only my personal opinion.

gandlers and Seria17hri11er like this.
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If you want Indycars they are available from the United Racing Design modding team. You get Indy Lights and the 2015 season (I think) Chevy & Hona Indycars with both Oval or Road Aero Kits for a few Euros. Somebody would still need to make some Oval tracks though.

Nascar is really not my cup of tea. I would probably buy it to support Kunos, but still with the quite good AI in rF2 the Nascar races are not very good. I'd rather see some WTCC content. Please, Kunos?

Horus likes this.
  12. dauntless

dauntless Alien

And where would you race these cars?

Also to be able to do this even kinda well you'd need full course cautions, rolling starts, proper solid axle support (we can't even adjust camber and toe), lateral cog adjustment, more detailed aero to deal with drag specifically. And after that you'd want more oval specific setup stuff. Like arb preload, trackbar adjustment, asymmetric caster, corner weights. Probably a spotter was well. Nascar in ac currently means standing starts, completely overpowered aero drag (I'd imagine) and no usable pitstops due to the way pitstops are done (poor implementation).

Ac netcode can't really bumpdrafting either which is the main thing about nascar :).

As far as features go I personally really hope most of it atm is going to physics coding. Nascar could sell lots of copies in usa but is also very niche sport for the european audience which can mean that if the americans are not buying it nobody is. Even if many of the features would help road racers as well.

13. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

As an American car fanatic and one whose roots are in NASCAR country (my family hails from North Carolina) I have to say I fully support... never, ever, ever having NASCAR in this game ever. If I want to watch something go around in a circle for 3 hours, I'll try flushing a ping pong ball down the toilet.

14. ROFLMAO

LeDude83 and Horus like this.
  15. Octane

Octane Simracer

I'll bite.

AC aside, millions disagree with you on a weekly basis, but everyone's entitled to an opinion. Oh, and the 100k+ that attend too at several speedways.

[​IMG]

Loved these seats!

I'll agree with several that a DLC would not sell in AC imo. Its not their forte and current playerbase is not the target. But what Kunos does they do great, there are none better. I'm still looking for the NASCAR/oval single player sim that replaces NR2003. Rf2 doesn't come close.

Rodrigo Pires and aphidgod like this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

That has to win post of the year. Well done Aphidgod, you truly made me laugh out loud. REAL LOUD! LOL Ooops! I think I woke the kids. LOL

That guy in the grey looks like he is about to commit suicide by swan diving onto the track.

Seria17hri11er and Octane like this.
  17. Horus

Horus Alien

Aphidgod, what have started! My Misses has just read your post and said 'That sounds more interesting than racing in general', she has been sent to the bathroom to flush ping pong balls. Never liked her anyway. :D

18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Well that would be a dlc I wouldn't buy, not even to support Kunos.

19. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Just put a 80s Nascar in a DLC pack and I’m happy. I think a whole DLC based on Nascar won’t sell.

[​IMG]

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. kosh

kosh Racer

There is a world outside of the USA.

Something Americans often dont understand...

Oval-Racing is boring.
    But you could make a mod.

gandlers likes this.
  21. Just get iRacing.