1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nascar DLC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Metal, Jan 26, 2016.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

No!... game developers/consoles/money=North America....Kermit!

2. nanucq

nanucq Racer

I believe that main motivation with KunoS dev is PASSION, not necesseraly money and market....even if those 2 are important. ;)

arthur666 likes this.
  3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

its like that for most devs, for the effort 95% of devs put it they dont get the return they deserve, people then undermine them and all them lazy.

nanucq likes this.
  4. esox71

esox71 Alien

Kunos are passionate there's no doubt, but you can't survive on just that, I personally hope they corner the racing market on console.:)

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know why but the picture i have from console players is that its more popular in na than eu and pc is more popular in eu but i have nothing to back this up. If you want nascar ingame just keep your fingers crossed that the console version sells good in na.

esox71 likes this.
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

id say everything is larger in america, console users, pc users, game buyers, food portions.......

Only exception is dlc and microtransactions, in asia thats fine, in america it is massively shunned upon

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was more meaning like its a bigger percentage of console vs pc players in NA than EU. :) But as I said I dont really have anything to back this up.

Also, I hope no one get offended by this :)

8. That I actually would probably enjoy. The cars have plenty of power but not all that great handling and not much down force, so mostly mechanical grip. So that, I believe would be quite fun. I occasionally hop in a GT3 and enjoy them but they are far from most enjoyable to me. Cars with high down force are no where near as fun as cars with just a bit of down force or none.

aphidgod likes this.
  9. Here's what we need to know about these millions of fan :p

And if you haven't seen Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, you are really missing out. It's very funny and tells you the best of Nascar. Lol.

aphidgod, arthur666 and Octane like this.
  10. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Nascar type of cars road racing would be great though!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. Octane

Octane Simracer

Here's a better real life example. Having fun and praising Jesus go hand-in-hand. :D;)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

There's no hook in the bait, I'm not looking to start a fight. Obviously I went a bit far there for comedic effect...

The two things NASCAR gets right are its ability to keep the cars seem relatively pedestrian in order to keep the drivers in the forefront as stars, and also to keep the cars homogeneous enough to keep the racing close and exciting. (Also crashes.) Contrast that with F1 where in a way the cars are the stars and drivers, no matter how talented they are, don't really have a chance to win unless they're in one or two select teams. And the cars themselves are improbable spaceships that are completely unlike anything a normal human being will ever drive.

I think this leads to NASCAR's popularity in the US. It's easier to identify with a driver than a car; to pick a 'side' and be a fan. And the racing, of course, is no contest. NASCAR doesn't have one team that wins 80% of the races in a season for 3 years in a row, that's just... not even a thing.

Are the cars actually pedestrian? No. They're bespoke tubular-frame race cars with 900bhp V8s that sound like godzilla having an orgasm as they scream by at +200mph. They're thinly clad in the veneer of a consumer-grade sedan so they look like the cars people see in dealerships. But are they fundamentally good to drive? Interesting in a MP setting on a proper oval track with a bunch of drivers at a similar level of skill, maybe. Just not to my taste.

And that's all it is... my taste. If you love it, I love that you love it. :)

13. Octane

Octane Simracer

Well stated aphidgod. Well stated.

14. True. Although I wasn't exactly trying to highlight Jesus/religion. It's more so about what they are thanking Jesus for and how they are talking. They sound like dipsh***; and it's so funny. Obviously not all Nascar fans are like this; but Nascar attracts a lot of rednecks, country bumpkins, etc ad nauseum. I've known probably 20 or 30 people who volunteered to assist with the Nascar race in South Carolina. They ended up directing parking traffic. They almost all invariably said the people were extremely rude, ignorant, redneck, etc. Just some food for thought.

Man you so hit the nail on the head right there. Very well said.

Octane and aphidgod like this.
  15. Octane

Octane Simracer

If they were at a Darlington race, which I'm 99% sure is what you are saying, then I concede. If it was in the 80's then I will not argue that's exactly what they saw. Been there, done that :eek::eek::eek: No doubt that is the melting pot for the "country folk", more-so than other tracks in my opinion. Probably due to a lack of hotels and it has more local yokels than most tracks. It may still be that way, but the increases in purses and thus ticket prices have changed the culture considerably since then for all of NASCAR. (not all to my liking tbh).

When Bill France Jr. took over he made changes such as adding Chicago, Kansas, Fontana, Vegas, etc... to the schedule and suppressing some driver personalities, all under the guise of being more family friendly and bringing in more female fans. An outsider may not see it, but the crowds today are practically "wine and cheese" compared to just 25yrs ago. Back in the day, the majority of fans could probably gap their points and set the timing, replace a starter, maybe rebuild a carburetor. These folks understood what made a car faster and respected driver prowess. Today I'd say most are limited to jumping a dead battery. Not that the points and timing need adjusted anymore on the family car, but I hope you see what I mean.

I guess my point is they may be a little uncouth (to say the least), but they were/are true-blue race fans. I dare say they know/knew more about their style of racing than the average fan of most series.

The part I like least about this is the costs to fans. When I was slightly :rolleyes: younger there were several years that a group of us would go to the Daytona 24hrs and camp for two weeks over Speedweeks. Week-2 we were at the speedway nearly every day and at a dirt oval most nights. I can't remember tickets, gas, food, camping and souvenirs (and lots of beer) ever being much more than $500-600 USD. What a blast and lots of memories. Today that might get me a weekend if I slept in the car. The one thing that hasn't changed is the competitiveness.

My apologies to the original poster. I'll not post off topic again. In the interest of being on topic...I would definitely install a NASCAR mod!

Seria17hri11er and aphidgod like this.
  16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

The Kansas race takes place about 2 hours from my house. My ex wife's family lived a few minutes away when we were together so I've had the experience of driving by the track during the race weekend. Freaking sea of lifted chromey diesel rigs and motor homes (caravans for you brits.) Your observations on the demographic shift are pretty dead on.

There are plenty of... 'rural' fans around here too but the track is in a KC suburb, and that's who largely shoes up. Money is a big part of it.

The price of mainstream success.

Seria17hri11er and Octane like this.
  17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

for me the biggest concern is

"do few things but do them well" over " have everything possible, but nothing really all that well done"
    I think that Kunos just isn't big enough to put enough resources into this

probably easier to subscribe to iRacing

18. Yes, sorry OP for the hijack :p

I see exactly what you are saying.

The people I knew who volunteered was between 2005-2010. It was Darlington. I find it highly likely it was the South Carolina demographic. My 5 years in SC were not an enjoyable experience. Segregation is no longer forced, it's simply voluntarily done these days! :vomit smiley:

19. plaid

plaid Alien

Not much interested, but it would be nice if people who are would get one. :)

Is there any good Nascar-mod or one wip?

Octane likes this.
  20. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I'd probably actually enjoy one if it were a bit vintage. Once upon a time they truly were "stock" cars in more than just the name. With some sweet liveries too. (I'm talking from my childhood years... mid 80s or so. As a kid I did watch some races.)

Seria17hri11er and Octane like this.