1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nascar DLC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Metal, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Don't underestimate boring. Apparently many people say GT2/3 is boring, but these servers are usually full. Although GT2/3 racing is more internationally liked than Nascar. In a way, nascar can be good for quick 'easy' online racing. I would see myself doing it in AC. Karts is another racing modality I would like to see in AC, but it also has its niche. Although Nascar has a bigger niche.

esox71 likes this.
  2. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

In the modding section I started a thread about euronascar, since at that time one of my friends and I had links to the organization and the availability of a real car. But at that time I was not working with AC, so it means I actually had free time...

More, there is an issue on the suspensions design so this model wouldn't be really physically a real nascar car.

BTW AC officially features many tracks of the euronascar serie.

Anyway I can only suggest to give stock cars a chance (so I'm not talking about indy, since they are both oval racing but they share nothing else). Watching 3 hours can be boring, but usually the last 1/5 of the race is amazing and above all, watching an oval race (passive) is far different from driving a race of this kind (active).

Every euro friend I've introduced to oval sim racing admitted he had lot of fun.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  3. 6S.Manu

Or rF2.

No way we can introduce this to AC.

4. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I wouldnt pay for such DLC, I have no interest in driving round and round in a circle.
    Its like the drag tracks, a complete waste of time (and precious SSD space!)
    As pointed out iracing already has this covered so Kunos can concentrate on real racing

5. Oh yeah, forgot they introduced a bunch of left turning content :D

Altho iRacing has the official license and every single tracks, so there's that.

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

mmm euronascar. Close tight racing, on tracks like Magione, Zolder, Brands Hatch Indy, then they also have two ovals, one in France and the other in Netherlands.
    I'd totally be down to bring this series in AC. Even if just a car as an experiment, or through a mod.

Seria17hri11er and Protoduct like this.
  7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Nascar just looks boring if you don't understand what's actually happening, a bit like cricket:p

Octane and 6S.Manu like this.
  8. esox71

esox71 Alien

True true, but North America is where the money is I would have thought.

9. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

The thing is; cricket IS ACTUALLY BORING, even if you know what's going on ;)

10. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah...That boring it's never off the news, IMO;)

11. Horus

Horus Alien

[​IMG]

You say what, that just ain't Cricket!

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

last time i played cricket i hit someone with the ball in their throat. teachers legitamately didnt know what to do with me.

Horus likes this.
  13. 6S.Manu

:D

I don't know the rules of that game, but I acknowledge most of sports are boring if you limit yourself to watching them. In my youth I played almost every kind of sports and I've enjoyed all of them, but still I can't keep watching football, tennis or basketball.

Maybe rugby is the only sport I did not enjoy, but still I love to watch it on TV.

Talking about motorsport, I can't stand watching endurance races, and I'm not even touching the most expensive serie out there... on the other side being a driver in one of those race must be amazing (as it is in simracing).

So I think people should have a serious oval racing experience before judging it.

EDIT: avoid Daytona and Talladega...

14. I don't like watching races that much... A few F1 races with my simracing teammates, and that's about it. Maybe the odd endurance race here and there (since it's my preferred discipline). Simracing or actually track driving tho ? HELL YEAH.

Same thing with other sports. I like ice hockey, but I can't really find any motivation to watch it. Heck, I like playing it on consoles 100x more.

15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Heres me complaining that WEC races are too short. we need more 24 hour races.

16. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Actually Daytona and Talladega with the right crowd might be the most intense experience in SimRacing.
    A bunch of cars bumper to bumper all together within 1 second?? I had some amazing races like this in rFactor, SimRaceway and eve GT5 (yeah).

esox71 likes this.
  17. 6S.Manu

Yep, but that's not a typical oval racing experience.
    Superspeedways require knowledge of drafting and it's not something the average simdriver knows. A little mistake can ruin the race of all the other guys and drivers need to cooperate to reach a good result... something that's not usual on euro racing.

Normal tracks give a better racing experience.

18. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yep. Ecxept a few times, all those races were done on US times :p
    So the right crowd was there. At that time I was playing until 3 or 4 A.M. just to find good people to race with

19. 6S.Manu

"I'll buy you an ice cream afterwards" :D

Jim Layhee, Zrymer and Vítor Sousa like this.
  20. kosh

kosh Racer

No, you're talking about dubai (thats between africa and asia).

Seria17hri11er likes this.