1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need official ranking online status

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fastdude, Nov 2, 2015.

1. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

As not everyone has RSR installed.would be great if all driver's are officially ranked for that car and track combo laptime and given an id to which category his time is classified. example V=veteran P=pro A=amatuer N=novice next to his Name, so we can see who we are up against in quick race.say i join a race i can see already if its worth my while, by seeing if there's to many novices or pro's racing at one time..could also be used as substitute for qualifying,as it is fustrating doing what you know is your best laptime over and over and not having more races instead. Probably more driver's would learn the track and car setup offline and not use quick race as a practice session.servers could have like types of category's, example V&P only or P&A or A&N or just a single category, making it even more competative,and everyone gets a chance..maybe for those like me that don't have time for leagues but just want some good honest Quickracing....P.S and for those really bad laptimes i would also have a L category,in which L stands for , still Learning to drive...lol

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars need DX12 official support [FAKE NEWS] Apr 5, 2020
    Sounds modding Official licensed sounds that need improving Aug 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Night, rain and instant replays - we need official response Apr 3, 2015
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Minorating.

Andy-R, Minolin and cooknn like this.
  4. cooknn

cooknn Alien

A fast hotlapper does not equate to a veteran racer, IMHO.

Horus likes this.
  5. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I understand the OP's point ... but you know - if you get beaten badly online, well - practice more. :)
    As for the laptimes - just open in browser some of the more major compare sites (RSR, OV, etc. ) choose the combo you are driving and take a look at the timesheets.

That Minorating thing that @Horus posted also looks promising, if you look at something more organized.

Horus likes this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Some meta suggestions regarding "posting suggestions":

- Don't ever start a thread with the word "need"
    - Use line breaks to get some readability
    - Show that you really thought about your issue, not only the part you would like to "use". What would this mean for the driver base (the P&A ones as well as the N&L, perspectives)? Who does manage this (in server cost/capacity)? If Kunos, where would you see this priority? (=higher than X/Y/Z, lower than A/B/C) Is the key element really "fastest lap done"? How about side effects? Different grip/tyre levels? Wouldn't consistency be better to judge people's race-pace?
    - Always try to find arguments against your idea
    - Don't ever end a post with laughing about the slow ones, makes you very unlikeable

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i've never really understood that POV and see it often. if you are capable of stringing 1 lap together with less errors than other people (therefore faster over 1 lap) chances are you will be over 2 or 10 laps as well. sure some people are more or less consistent but id say generally speaking that, someone who is faster likely has more experience /practice/control in that car and therefore should be better equipped to race it consistently over 2 or more laps as well

Parkl, fastdude and Horus like this.
  8. cooknn

cooknn Alien

My point was that it takes far more skill to race side by side with someone who runs laps within 1/10th of a second of you (w/ many others on the track) than it does to run around by yourself.

FatnSlo, PVL and Andy-R like this.
  9. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

Did you not read QUOTE not everyone has RSR installed.

10. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

-
    - sorry but last category L was intended as a joke .
    - Need.... as we dont have official ranking, meaning your laptimes are always recorded.
    - was only suggesting some sort of ranking for online racing as laptimes would give you a valid indication of that drivers capability .theirs to much fustration in quickracing. I do practice before attempting any combo online.
    - four category's split into 2-3 second differences for each track and car combo if we had an official laptime recorded in the game build and write some sort of app to take advantage of this info..
    -would like to get into more detail but from the reply's i've got don't think anyone has got to my point.
    - Please do not reply starting with DON'T..thankyou

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  11. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

ok true but should of said Aliens instead

12. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

" but you know - if you get beaten badly online, well - practice more"......... to who are you refering to??

13. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

?

14. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I DON'T have it installed either. :)
    Ummm ... me? :) If I get beaten - I try harder next time ... And usually miss the apex. :)

15. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

ah ok but thats not what i'm trying to point out

16. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

17. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

thats what i mean,i have it installed but you haven't ,so were's the official ranking, best laptimes should be recorded in any event anytime officialy so all drivers are listed..
    so that when you are online you can see were that driver is ranked in this current combo knowing what your up against on track and not slowing down a faster driver. thats all

18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

So you are getting at something like what is implemented in GT6? The seasonal events where you compare to your friends?
    Well ... IMO ... this is unlikely to happen anytime soon. :(

19. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

Never played GT6,, nope your miles off my point sry

20. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Actually I'm not. In GT6 there was/is a weekly and monthly events that you can officially compare your laptimes and even your driving lines/ghost to that of friends or the best sim drivers in the world. So it's something pretty similar to what you are aiming.
    Anyway. :) GN HF!

21. elyess

elyess Racer

kunos are surely gonna put an online ranking but the problem is that there are only 400 something like that players playing at the same time separating them means you cant race a lot ac racers are passionate and they like racing more then finishing 1st