1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need official ranking online status

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fastdude, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

If you are unsure where you stand in a race compared to others on track. Race, finish race, look at finishing positions. If all you are worried about is the comparison between you and all other drivers, then RSR and hotlap is where you want to be. Racing on a track with others is more than about how fast you are. Kunos have said they are not going to make a ranking system, so just get on and race or load up RSR and have fun.

f1webberfan likes this.
  2. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

- sorry but this ain't getting nowhere, your not seeing what i'm getting at.. i already have RSR..quickrace's are a total mess, aliens and learners both on track at the same time just ain't no fun. its not about me wanting to know were i stand .i want to race not practice online. no hotlapping as its boring.racing AI still needs some tweeking..sry but no one has really understood .leave it at that i think,,, thanks anyway

3. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

Nope thats in raceroom aswell its about sorting out ranking and give some order to quickrace's as they are fun but gets everyone fustrated,, aliens and learner's all at once and race's get ruind as said for those that don't have time for any leagues just want to race.... ok thanks the same ;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Fastdude, spend more time on track and less time b!tching on forums and you should be good enough to race with others soon. It does not matter how fast or slow you are as long as you are a clean and respectful driver. The only reason people get frustrated is if you have loons on the track causing accidents and chaos. Just join a server and have fun. Saying that, got to go the track is calling.

5. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

HOW DARE YOU b!tching who? you don't know me as a driver, never raced you,, dont need to be lessoned on my driving skills as you don't know who i am.. very rude attitude..you often judge books by there cover's ...oh i see you hide your profile. look i'm 54 i've got more hours on sims than you've had dinners... respect people older than you,, i presume your not a little boy ... capito!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

So good you quote me twice. :D

7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think RSR does a good job, however I admit that I would like AC to have an integrated hotlap system.

8. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

ah so you can read then
    Its a fantastic app RSR.. as i said, not everyone has it installed so doesn't really count as full info on all the drivers ..

9. Horus

Horus Alien

I still do not get your raison d'etre. If it is to be racing with people you know, people you wish to know, or just to be on a track with similarly talented drivers. If you wish to know the people you are racing then join a league/group, if it is to race with similar talented drivers then you are out of luck and to be honestly blunt, why would you want to be racing people that do not push you to the next level. Having a better driver burn up the track is great as it gives you the knowledge you can go faster and can give you the impetus to try harder. Competition, even competing against someone that leave you in their dust, is not a bad thing it is how all sports are run.

Ask anyone who has competed in any sport why they go up against someone better than them and they will say they always have a chance of winning. I have beaten a few drivers I rate as exceptional, even alien. Usually not in a straight fight, it's because even the best feck up once in a while and the joy you get from beating them is pure bliss. Still, I say get on track do not worry about where you stand or who is faster, just race and have fun.

10. fastdude

fastdude Rookie

-see you haven't got to my point.the fun is when their's no fustration ,nerves jumping or insulting others . why? because on a quickrace you get to much of a difference, aliens, fast, medium, slow ,and finally the learner's that are off track at each corner. I love to race drivers faster than me .everyone wants to get faster as they go.racing driver's on the same level, i'd say, same level and above .as you said, push to the next level .its not about joining leagues or racing people you know, well the slow ones can't join that server cause he isn't in that category or laptime limit.if he want's to race he will have to practice more to join or keep racing his own level ..Anyway this won't happen i know..quickrace's!! like or hate them their there for us to join at anytime.and thats what i like .how about you ?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015