1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New funtion in Practise mode needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by harryorlsen, Jan 20, 2014.

1. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Hey all,

just checking out my ****ty wheel for the best settings I have got a hint for the practise mode: we need a function to spare time. You know all the problem to find the best brake-acceleration point in a corner.....and off the track :D Depending on the track we have to wait for the next attempt a hole lap to do better again and again. Take Nordschleife in some months. Oh no, a hole round again? :D

We are playing a Simulator, why not spare time for training only?

Dear devs, give us a rewind function. We all would do learn faster with it :) Go back some secs and do it better and much more time for serious racing!

Thanx for the attention and have a nice new week.

Harryo

claudiopolez likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions "combo" save funtion for sp Jul 12, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GBRC Practise Thursday and race Sunday nights on PS5 7-10 BST/GMT. - Series 1 14/8/22 recruiting now Aug 6, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer race (in my server) back to practise mode when race red lights go off May 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Disable automatic tyre change in practise Feb 12, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hotlap or Practise Start Point Jun 17, 2017
    Sounds modding Best practises for taking a high end sports car sound samples? Jan 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 24 hours le mans live streaming practise 1 Jun 10, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game freeze on race or practise Apr 18, 2015
    Suggestions "Auto pit-in" during race weekend practise & qualify Apr 22, 2014

3. First of all, there's a thread about this already (somewhere). And second of all, NO. ;) IMO if you want rewind play Forza....

4. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Somewhere in the forza forum? May I ask, why not? Btw, i dont like forza.

5. alex72 and Rui Santos like this.
  6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

He mean already a similar thread like this asking for rewind function in this forum --> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/request-a-practice-mode-with-flashback.4025/
    By the way ignore all those who say that this is rewind is arcade bla bla bla because "restart" "back to pit" "mouse steering" also very arcade, so if those thing can be in the game then why not this ??
    I support this idea. Or at least devide a track into few shorter section and have an option let player to choose which section to practice.

softgrip and Snarffu like this.
  7. Haha beat you to it :p

8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

In real life you cant "restart" a race & get a new car when you crash the car in the race
    In real life you cant teleport back to garage just like that using "back to pit"
    So why you use them ??

You know that thread is start by me and when i ask the people who against my idea with the question above no one can really answer me.

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Hehe congrat for that but too bad i am the starter of that thread so obviously i will agaisnt you about this topic :cool:

10. The reason to use "back to pit", currently is that you can't actually drive into the pit. And the restart function is a necessity for any sim. What if there's a glitch in the game and you fall through the world, or your steering wheel/controller disconnects for whatever reason? See it now? Now, let's all just have a nice discussion. No anger is necessary ;)

Edit: and to mouse steering: It's for people who don't have enough money to waste on a wheel.... I have a wheel BTW :D

Snarffu likes this.
  11. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Ok lets discuss.
    1. In real life we cant teleport to anywhere we want just like that so "back to pit" should be remove right now. If player want to re-setup their car they must drive the car back to the pit first, not teleport just like that, thats not real.
    2. In real life we cant get a new car or redo or pause a race just like that using "restart" or "pause" so these option should be grey out unless glitch / wheel disconnect sort of issue happen. Mean if you start a championship or career race you must finish it no matter what, no "pause" for toilet or eat something or answer phone call then resume the race, no restart race if you crash bad & fall so behind, of course you can quit in the middle of the race but then this race is done, you consider retire & next race is the only option, just like real life.
    3. If you destroy a car say F40 in the game then F40 should no longer available for you anymore in the game, no such thing like restart to get back the car because thats not how real life work. If you want that F40 back you have to buy another AC copy. (Already very arcade if compare to buy a new F40 in real life)
    4. If 24hrs Le Mans career are in the game next time then this race must take exactly 24hrs+- just like real life, player who join the race must prepare to sit there for that long period of time because no pause / restart are allow, player will consider as retire if they quit in the middle of the race and the career will move on to the next race just like real life.
    4. Chase cam view / mouse steering / automatic braking / ideal racing line should also be remove from the game because that all very arcade and not real.

So you see i know how real life work & i dont think AC is really that real life after all with all those unreal options but actually i all fine with that because i know this is just a game.

12. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So Rewind / Flashback or any similar option are especially for people who don't have that much time to spend on a game. So whats the problem ??

13. @Lazybug
    You know, I find myself agreeing to most of the things you post about on these forums. But for this one, I don't. And I can't even BEGIN to understand why you get so hot-headed about it even when I've been cool about your opinion. I disagree with it, but that's not the point. You're trying so hard to prove your point + you're using a sarcastic/angry tone. I'm not very good at math, but I can tell you that = a not very pleasant conversation.

14. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

I don't think that you can throw basic required things for smooth game play in with a feature for letting you redo a mistake. I don't disagree with a rewind in general either. I just wonder. Would you have it in practice only or is it a feature that you would want to have in all offline race ,ah la Forza? I would rather not have the option to use it in a race. But I guess at the end of the day if it is there and I don't want to use it I don't have to.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  15. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If they put in a rewind function (i dont think they will tho) anyone who uses it will only be doing themselves out of the whole essense of what racing is about and the feelings you get whilst racing (see lazy's thread for more details on my thoughts). Newsflash...your playing a game trying to simulate racing... :/

I just dont get this arguement of saving time.. You sit down to play a game so play it.. If you have 30 mins thats a good 10/12 laps anywhere, if you have more time so you can do a full race why would you need to save time by using a rewind function.. Whats next.. You want to save time, so are you going to ask the devs to let you be able to skip the first 4/5 laps so you can finish the race quicker and save you time? Lol

Its a feature which is for the lazy, not the time restrained.

alex72 likes this.
  16. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah i guess you right. I better stop it right here.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  17. :)
    Friends? ;)

18. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

At least i am asking for a similar function in Practice Mode only. I personally wont use it on any race no matter off / online/ hotlap.

Snarffu likes this.
  19. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Not the first dude with this topic...thx for the link, didnt found it with "rewind" and np Mr. "hardcore" ;-)

Sooo, its only little sad there is so far no reaction from the devs: a Y or N. Cause its a waste of time to discuss so long about such a tinny thing. Put it on your to do list or not.

My last words to this:
    AC is a software, a simulation software. A good software has a lot of possibilities for the user. And the user can choose what he/she likes. If the user is happy with the software, he will use it often and will recommend it to his folks. A rewind, flashback button for the practise mode will help user with less skill to get faster better and this will make the user happy.

Hope the devs will make the right decision for their software and will give us soon a answer in their forum. Long life AC! - Like it so far ;-)

PS: More words above, what a hot topic: Rewind, flashback button ONLY for the practise mode, hope all hardcore freaks can understand this :D

Lazybug likes this.
  20. Why does everybody assume he wants it in anything other than practice mode? And who cares if it was used in his races against the AI? Why do you care how somebody beats the AI? Right now you can edit one line in a special event file and use whatever car you want to stomp the field. Where is the outrage?

The more I think about it the more I would like to have a rewind feature in practice. Once Nords is released I could see going through the Carousel over and over for hours.

InB4 merge.

paulieGTR and Lazybug like this.
  21. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

How rewind can save time ?? This how ...
    Example now a player mom allow him/her to play the game for 1 hour & here is the track that player plan to play which take 1.30min +- per lap so if he/she practice the old school way then 60mins / 1.30mins = 40 laps in one hrs go thru all those easy + medium + difficult corners.

But if rewind is available then player can redo that 1 or 2 especially difficult or tricky corner again & again in at least 3 to 4 times in just 1 min so 3 times x 60mins = 180 time (focus on those difficult corner).

so 40 times old school way go thru all those easy + medium + difficult corner or 180 times focus on tricky corner first before practice the whole thing again .. which one better ??

At least i always improve my lap time in a much shorter time if rewind is available. Most Codemaster racing game has flashback and i dont play them very often but i always manage to be very competitive and very fast thanks to this rewind / flashback feature.