1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New funtion in Practise mode needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by harryorlsen, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Really? Freaks? I'm done. It's practice not practise BTW ;)
    Edit: NVM about practice. I guess it's different outside of the US....
    Don't know, haven't seen it....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I still very hot now .. may be later :D

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Its not a case of the 'hardcore' understanding what you you might think is a good idea, its more understanding what the devs are creating.. If you dont like it tough, your playing their game if you dont like it or you think its too hard thats fine go play something else..

If you take the time to read what the devs say they are all about being authentic and realistic, aris put a post up the other hour saying how the lotus gte is purposely moddeled to be understeery and have a crappy gearbox to give the user a taste of what the real car is like to drive.. They put a lot of effort into making the cars drive as authentically as they can.. The same devs are not then going to put a rewind feature in which removes the feeling of frustration etc from it when thats exactly what they are trying to put across, it makes no sense..

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  4. Okay, take it out on everyone else :p, I need some sleep ;)

Lazybug likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Would be great to have it to train parts on longer tracks especially newbes struggle with. I got problems with chicanes, but dont have the ****in time (like the "freaks", who dont get any other problems) to drive a whole lap for that (NOS).
    You can reduce it to practise and SP.
    There are allready unrealistic elements in it, like the assists in the diffulcity-menu, for arcade-forza-go-away-this-is serious-people.
    Ignore the freaks, its senseless to argue with them.

Lazybug likes this.
  6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I think the main reason why i feel so hot about this is because people use those realism reason to explain why rewind should not be in the game but they fail to explain why all other arcade feature can be in the game, make no sense :rolleyes:

7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

You the man. I want to say that but i dont dare to say :D

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hehehe...
    English isn't his native language so a lot can be misread or, misinterpreted for want of a better word, and lost in translation. ;):)

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I always confuse about those "practice" vs "practise" & also "Tire" vs "Tyre" UK or US term.

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Tyre is british english,

Practise is a verb (im going to practise my guitar, im going to practise this racetrack)

Practice is a noun (im going to guitar practice, im going to my race practice)

Lazybug, Snarffu and harryorlsen like this.
  11. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah but the problem is that i always forget & get confuse again whenever i use them :D

12. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Nice, some laughs :D
    Yup, not my native language. Can not edit the title ;-) damn, no rewind here....

Snarffu likes this.
  13. You should be able to.... If you look to the left of the title, there should be a button that says "Thread Tools" click it, and you'll have the option to change the title ;)

14. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I suspect this "thread tools" option is not available in "Chit Chat Room" & "Suggestion" or it must available only in a given time limit. By the way looks like it always available in "Screens & Videos Lounge"

15. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

While other tracks are short and easy to get around for another try, NS should definitely provide 3 or 4 spawn locations in practice mode. The bends after the carrousel are hard to remember, i'd love to have a spawn point there.

xtremepsionic likes this.
  16. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

I want rewind in multiplayer. Everyone's game gets paused and they have to wait while I re-drive the turn. ;)
    j/k

Seriously, racing is not about nailing the perfect lap, it's about keeping a safety margin so you don't crash, and trying to minimize the margin needed. Having a rewind function contradicts what racing is all about, imho.
    But everyone has its own taste and can do whatever they want. I think implementing a rewind function is not done quickly, so you will probably have to wait pretty long before you will get it, as there are so many other things to do with higher priority.

Roberto Olivetti and ChrisR like this.
  17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

That's the beauty of the Ring, you can be faster there with lot slower car because you know the track better then someone with faster car.
    Love the t-shirts from Bridgetogantry.com
    [​IMG]
    In Nordschleife this happens all the time, when 'locals' with mk1 golfs are f*****g up the rich boys with there fancy GT3 porsches.

So no cheating flashback modes, you need to grind that track and watch thousands of onboards, and learn all the corner names, to be really fast on the ring.

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Spawn points would be an alternative, for train specific turns especially on longer tracks.

After thinking about it: For SP, as long as the AI is rather aggressive and stupid, so can kick off the players, it would be fair, especially on endurance-races and could reduce the frustration for newbes.
    For many its still a game. Not reality. Not the greatest of all time thing to spent your time with. Just a game.
    So I would build it in, even I dont need it.
    Happy customers are never wrong and it wouldnt hurt the HC-people.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Lazybug likes this.
  19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I wonder how come a rewind in practice mode can consider as cheating ?? Cheat who ?? :rolleyes:

20. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

mainly yourself, of course.

Problem is, once you start comparing times with others it's getting silly. Of course those laps could be invalidated and so on, but what for?
    If you only manage to drive a turn four out of five times you still are a bad driver, no matter how fast those four turns were.
    And for practicing? If you take the same turn five times in a row, sure your muscle memory will be trained. But what if next lap your tire temps are different or some other car is blocking the line? If you are relying on muscle memory you will never be a good driver.
    If you want to get better you need to learn to deal with small imperfections while still keeping a good pace.
    And you won't learn a new track faster, it doesn't help you to remember which turn comes next.
    The only thing this will teach you is taking more risk than you can handle.
    Talking about the Nordschleife, one reason for it being a legend is it's length. If you can't handle it's length, you shouldn't drive it.

Just my 2 cents.

ChrisR and Kristaps like this.