1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New funtion in Practise mode needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by harryorlsen, Jan 20, 2014.

1. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

This thread is mind-melting.
    Just lock this cesspit already.

ChrisR likes this.
  2. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Am sorry sir you must also need to understand one thing, you care about overall authentic feel in merely practice is one thing, but that doesnt mean we should care the authentic feel the same way like you. I personally will only care about that when doing racing so is that wrong ?? Beside for you mouse steering is authentic but for me its not so should we remove that feature right now ??
    If you think rewind will break the overall authentic feel doing practice then you just dont use it, simple. So whats the problem really ?? Why against it ?? Simply because you dont use it so you dont allow other people to use either ??

Also although i talk alot in this thread but this thread is not open by me.

3. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

well, TLDR but I said the same thing last night after spinning out on the same turn in Silverstone on the second and third laps - I was even aware that the difficult turn was coming. The point is, as a useful learning device, a rewind function would be a great addition. I dont see why just because its a sim means you wouldn't include something like this. I mean, its a sim but it's also ..duh duh duh DUHHHHH... a GAME! For those of you 'realism purists', don't tell me you don't QUIT the game without finishing if the wife calls you for supper. Don't tell me you never PAUSE the game to go pee. That aint realistic either.
    Truthfully, I'd love to spend half an hour lining up the same troublesome turn on repeat so I could figure it out. No one says it has to be implemented into official hot lap times.

Lazybug likes this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

my bad, but you did open the other one and its all kind of merged into one headf*ck now.

5. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

What happened here? A war is going on. SAD dudes. Really.
    This fred shows again, why humans will have never peace on earth.....
    Stupid humans....stupid, egoistic, selfish, intolerant.....

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

He will not answer that, i told you. They will always avoid if you actually has the point.

Anyway we are actually compare an unrealistic feature with many other unrealistic feature, existing or not is not the issue, i dare to bet many unrealistic feature like auto braking / ideal racing line / on-off tire wear / on-off damage / on-off fuel sim are actually not there when the very first sim racing game is make, according to Wiki the first sim racing game is "Indianapolis 500: The Simulation" which release in 1989 & like i just say i dont think that game has all the unrealistic feature that we have in AC right now. I believe everyone who are old enough in playing sim racing can confirm that.

That say many unrealistic feature are actually add on later one by one game by game after enough request; Now let me tell you one very interesting story which is my own experience how people react to unrealistic feature before & after it add into the game.

Before i has my DFGT wheel i play all the racing game using keyboard and then one day i suddenly wondering is it possible to use mouse to steer the car because i believe mouse steering should be much better compare to keyboard so i ask about this in some forum and i get alot "Are you crazy ?? Is your dad drive his car with mouse??" type of reply & i believe if i open a thread request for a mouse steering option here 3 months before the early access i will get kill by all the "Kid you should just go play your arcade game lol" type of comment but then its just amusing to see no one actually make any noise saying "pls remove this feature, this not suppose in simulator" type of comment when the mouse steering is implement in early access v0.4. Really, not even one so call hardcore simmer complain about that, not here, not RaceDepartment.

So you see many people will make lot of noise critize about an unrealistic feature simply because it not yet exist & i can guarantee you one thing; If one day sim racing game finally evolve to has rewind feature, all those people who against this request today will actually say nothing about it, they will not ask the game to remove the feature & say something like "I wont play the game anymore as long as rewind is in the game", they will suddenly become neutral and has no problem at all with rewind like they never say anything against it before, all this is just because the feature is already exist.

So sometime before this they say: "Oh you cant compare keyboard control with mouse steering because keyboard control is already in the game & mouse steering is just too unrealistic", today they say: "Oh you cant compare rewind with mouse steering because mouse steering is already in the game & rewind is just too arcade, you cant rewind a race in real life right ??" & i bet probably 3 yrs later they will say: "Oh you cant compare xxx with rewind because rewind already in the game & bla bla bla ..... " Funny :D

Interesting "Yeah its not realistic but I accept that because its already in the game & no i not accept this to be in the game because its not realistic" people who insist their has a point before any implement and suddenly forget their point after a feature is implemented :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  7. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

It's really fascinating to see how you guys can just waste so extremely much energy to bicker over exactly nothing.
    Like staring in disbelief over adults behaving worse than pre-school children in a sandbox. Just take a step back and realise how absurd this is getting. What's happening?

Get a frickin hold of yourselves, have you got no self control at all? o_O

8. Robilon

Robilon Racer

@kalabaleek Don't try to fuel this thread, it already ended but lazybug tries to fire it up again.

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

That's really not what I wanted to do. This is just insane.

Robilon likes this.
  10. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Am sorry i am discussing with Ahab, thats not for you, everything will be fine if you dont join in again. By the way why you inbox me then ?? Looks like its you want to fire with me personally using inbox.