1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia's 3000 series

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by CSJ92882, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I think aspect ratio is also the most important part. You could run a benchmark in high resolution, but if half of it is just rendering a black empty roof, it would be faster than a widescreen benchmark in lower resolution.

Unless there is a detailed benchmark specifically for ACC, I would not trust any of these, especially not if they show a 50% fps increase to a 2080ti.

sissydriver and ohjeah like this.
  2. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

That's my 2080Ti. 4K-SPA-Sunny-Hotlap-Epic

2020-09-24 20:55:37 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4658 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 77.633 - Min: 67 - Max: 87

And that's a quick race with one opponent, me always behind 10~20 meters and benchmark for 2 minutes, started after green lights.

2020-09-24 21:05:41 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 8436 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 70.300 - Min: 62 - Max: 76

I did the second test cause on the graph says 1xcars. What does that mean? Hotlap or 1 opponent?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  3. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Both posted benchmarks are useless. With most engines the performance gain of the 3080 in 4k over the 2080 ti is in the ballpark of 25%. Where does the additional 10-40% increase come from? magical cuda cores?

Anyway, i'm intrested in how the 3080 buyers deal with the tiny vram, especially in vr?

4. Turk

Turk Alien

The 3080 looks like a good upgrade for anyone below a 2080Ti though. For me going from a 2070 super it looks like Ill get a big jump in performance.

5. ...send me your "old" 2070 S ;)

Turk likes this.
  6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Would you then send me your 1070? Would be still a good boost compared to my 960 gtx :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yep, 3090 for me all day long.

Just about to drop the hammer on this paired with an 10920 on a x299 mobo.
    It should be a nice boost to my triples, but the 24gb vram will also make it pretty future proof, with VR in mind.

alex bonner likes this.
  8. So it's up to @Turk to make the first step :D

AndyK70 likes this.
  9. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

And I'm sure @NemethR could use that 960 o_O

After_Midnight, NemethR and AndyK70 like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

As long as it's going to a good home, have you a garden for it to run around in?

Whitestar, chksix, NemethR and 2 others like this.
  11. There's a small garden in the backyard and my parents own a wonderful domicile here:
    [​IMG]

So it could spend a wonderful life without being leashed all the time :)

mikocchio, Whitestar, chksix and 2 others like this.
  12. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Looks like a great place for a racetrack.

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

Looks like you could ask your parents for that 3080 no problem :eek:
    :p

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

How do you guys think a 3080 would handle triple 1440p..?

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I think it would handle it nicely.

By chance you want a good home for your old 1080Ti ? :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  16. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

I think for triple 1440p you should buy a 3080 with more memory than the FE-edition. You can also wait to see what AMD will do next month, but since Kunos hates AMD that is probably not needed. ;)

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

with high/epic settings do you think it would push far past 60 FPS..?

18. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

chksix likes this.
  19. Pitlane already done:
    [​IMG]

Mate, my parents do not own the whole area :p

AndyK70 and Stains like this.
  20. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

yeah, I read it, too.
    At least EVGA already stated they changed production. The cards with all 6x POSCAPS apparently suffer from this. Now they produce 3080 cards with 5 POSCAPS and MLCCs should not suffer from these crashes.

@Coanda when you want to have everything on epic at 3x 2560x1440, you may want to wait for the 20GB version of the 3080.

Another testimony:
    Well, he got problems with VR but 4K doesn't seem to bother the card. 4K is about 8.3Mpixels, your 3x 1440p is about 11Mpixels. It still should do fine if 4K doesn't make it sweat. ;)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Whitestar, After_Midnight and Coanda like this.