1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia's 3000 series

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by CSJ92882, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Congrats on the new i9. What a monster!

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

thanks matey.. :cool:

I've been waiting close to 5 years to do it.. I was going for the 10700k however this one popped up at an ok price.. No complaints as I got 10 years out of my last CPU and it was still going ok..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the video. :) Will you do more of those, for example one at night & rain where you drive mid pack against 30 AI?

Dewald Nel likes this.
  4. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Rookie

I used this to get started with Afterburner/RT:

After_Midnight, Coanda and Whitestar like this.
  5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Styling the Overlay now is way easier in the latest beta of MSI AB and RTSS.
    The Layout editor in MSI AB as shown in the video above from @torsteinvh is an old and still very limited version of what you can accomplish now.
    The new overlays are not done anymore in MSI AB but solely in RTSS. Make sure you have RTSS at least v7.3 beta
    Then in RTSS click onto the button "Setup"
    Go to the Plugins tab
    activate the checkmark for OverlayEditor.dll
    double click OverlayEditor.dll in the list to open the editor.

How to use the new OverlayEditor:

6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

My actual overlay is this:
    upload_2020-9-30_14-25-1.png

In yellow: System time, 3D-API, FPS and framtetime, below the frametime graph

In green: GPU clock and temp, below usage bar graph + actual usage percentageas text, at bottom: VRAM usage bar graph + actual usage percentage as text

In blue: CPU clock and temp, below usage bar graph + actual usage percentage as text, at bottom RAM usage bar graph + actual used MB value as text.

In light blue off to the right: vertical usage bar graph of each core 1- 12 (Ryzen 3600)

In the dark line at the bottom: When benchmark mode is activated there are displayed the values for min fps, avg fps, max fps, 1% low and 0.1% low

I made different variants of this:
    default: as you see above

compact:
    upload_2020-9-30_14-48-17.png
    systemtime, 3D-API, FPS, frametime, without frametie graph | GPU usage graph,VRAM usage graph | CPU clock, temp, small vertical core usage graphs)

FPS:
    upload_2020-9-30_14-48-52.png
    systemtime, 3D-API, FPS

time:
    upload_2020-9-30_14-49-41.png
    system time only

Each of this variant I have at the fingertips using the other RTSS plugin the HotkeyHandler. Just by pressing a hotkey I can switch to any of theses layouts.

If you like to use them or use them as a base to modify and evolve your own, download them (see attached RTSS-Overlays.zip) and extract in a temporary folder. Then copy them to "C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Plugins\Client\Overlays".
    If you want to extract them directly to that folder you may run into an error.

Attached Files:

Coanda and chksix like this.
  7. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

Sure, few more vids coming. 3080 vs 2070 Super, both overclocked and placed at same rig.

RTX 2070 Super Asus FE boost 2070 MHz / 14800 MHz, 8GB VRAM GDDR6
    RTX 3080 Asus TUF 1930-1970 MHz / 20800 MHz, 10GB VRAM GDDRX6

3840x2160, preset EPIC 29+1 CARS, CPU+mem and GPU squeezed out. 83% higher AVG FPS.

Same conditions, single car in 4K, mainly heavy load on GPU. 81% higher AVG FPS with Ampere.

3840x2160, preset EPIC HOTLAP

Turk, Whitestar, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  8. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

In case helpful for anyone, here's a quick comparison for someone who might have similar system as me.

For info, I have i7-8700k OC to flat 5.0. 16GB 3200 RAM.
    Monitor is 49" Samsung CRG9 at 5120x1440.

I simply ran a short race in ACC with 28 AI and me starting at the back at Monza. Nothing fancy, just daytime and full grid.
    I stayed at the back of the pack, but close to the last place car.
    I started FRAPS only after the full 1st lap was finished, so the AI would be a bit spread out.
    FRAPs ran for 120 seconds, which was just a bit longer than one lap.

I just used exactly same settings I normally use in the driver (nothing fancy) and the game. Driver 456.38
    So literally ran the benchmark with the 1080ti using my typical settings, then put in the 3080, turned it on, and ran the same race again straight out-of-the-box.

Going in, I was hoping for maybe +40-50%. Not quite.... seems about +37% just with this quick test using exact same settings.
    I know it might not be the right way to see the improvement potential over a 1080ti. You can check a zillion benchmarks for that. This is just what I see in my system, apples-to-apples. Bottlenecks or not, because I have no need to really get more than this (perhaps famous last words)

EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    2020-09-29 18:33:52 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 9037 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 75.308 - Min: 61 - Max: 83

Asus Tuf OC 3080
    2020-09-29 19:09:03 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 12421 - Time: 120000ms - Avg: 103.508 - Min: 84 - Max: 123

And here's the AIDA64 Extreme running for 20 minutes.

Case is NZXT H200i, but:
    - I have removed the shroud over the power supply to get better airflow to the GPU (i had this before with 1080ti as well). For sure this card would be too fat to fit in this case otherwise
    - power supply is a full size 750 watt Corsair. There's only about 1 cm between the far left of the GPU and the power supply. I know it's not ideal, but the temps seem to be fine.
    - 2 140mm fans intake on case front.
    - 1 120mm fan exhaust from the back, and another one exhausting out the top.
    - all panels and glass side installed.

The CPU is de-lidded with TG Conductonaut applied
    - CPU cooler is Noctua NH-D15

I'd say the CPU is running a bit warmer than before, maybe about 5C at most.
    But the GPU is definitely running cooler than the 1080ti even in this little box. Estimate 10C cooler than when I ran this same test previously.
    No idea what ambient temp is, but it's not warmer or cooler than usual room temp.

But what I'm really quite pleased with is that it somehow fit in my case (a few mods needed), runs nicely, and the temps of the entire system are reasonable. This honestly was my bigger worry and the end results very acceptable for me.

TimeSpy result was about 15,500 (can't recall exact number, but def. over 15,000), where the 1080ti result was always around 9,900.
    - However within that, the graphics scores were about 75-80% more than the 1080ti.
    - While the CPU score of course, remained the same.

3080 test.jpg

Zaitobu and Whitestar like this.