1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oculus rift pre-orders on jan 6th 8am pacific time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mms, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

April is when it should be available through retailers. Not sure about availability, but they most likely will start taking preorders at that time. Pretty sure enough demand will drive the actual production capacity.

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, April is what I've read as well.

There is a discussion regarding "Ramping up of Production" in the Oculus forums with a long list of reasons why that won't happen - at least not any time soon. The main point being that the supply chain for the custom parts is too long and complex to quickly adapt to changing demand; the custom displays alone limit production rates. Even small improvements in production rates will take months at best to reach.

3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Anyone seen this

PS LOOOK!!!!!!! at the partner list..........

http://www.starvr.com/

REALISTIC IMAGE QUALITY
    • Dual 5.5" Quad HD Displays
    • 2560x1440 pixels per eye
    • 5K total Panoramic definition
    UNIQUE 210° WIDE FIELD OF VIEW
    • Custom Fresnel-based Optics
    • Crystal-clear image across the entire field of view
    • 210-degree Horizontal FOV
    • 130-degree Vertical FOV
    POSITION TRACKING
    • Real-time 6 Degrees of Freedom
    • 360° Submillimeter Optical Tracking
    • IMU and Optical sensor fusion for a low-latency experience

[​IMG]

4. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Great. Overkill maybe. What kind of consumer PC will drive it?

Mogster likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Nvidia Pascal, due in 2016.

grandepunto likes this.
  7. I've lost count of how many competing VR headsets there are meant to be. I'm not sure how many will see the light of day though.

Fear and Leemstradamus like this.
  8. Hippy

Hippy Racer

That starVR headset used to be called 'infiniteye', the company was bought out a while ago and rebranded it. (search for it, there's masses of info before the rebrand)

So far it's yet to make any real progress that people have seen aside from a few demo units afaik. I wouldn't hold your breath for that one, even though it does look promising.
    Also, the pure fresnel lenses you need for that screen arrangement are flawed, oculus and vive's hybrid lenses are supposedly much better.

9. Lowkey

Lowkey Racer

That thing looks like a beast, but unfortunately, according to /r/Oculus - it doesn't perform like one. They got a huge FOV and those screens, but there is no motion blur elimination (low persistence) < -- very important for VR. I read that they're also missing some other key features which I cannot currently remember, so don't take my word for it.

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There are going to be some compromises with a wider FOV, that has been well-established fact for some time now given current hardware limitations. Wider FOV means even more screen-door effect and pixel-ation or blur. We simply don't have the computing power or band-width to push enough data to support a wide FOV in a way that can provide a good VR experience - at least not afford-ably for many people. Next-gen GPU-designs should have greater capabilities, especially with new VR purpose-built features but, the display tech and optics will have to advance too.

As has been pointed out, low persistence is absolutely vital; anyone that has experienced VR sickness will understand why it's so important. It's also vital in order to acheive "presence"; anything else is simply a VR demo, not a true VR experience. ;)

Mike1304 and ears1991 like this.
  11. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Given their shipping to aus and nz, it will be scary tho think what the touch controllers might cost all up including shipping.

I will just hope that outside of my racing and flying that nothing excites me enough to want to buy them.

12. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

Who needs a wide fov when you're racing. You have a helmet on ;)

ears likes this.