1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Online multiplayer seems chaotic after 1.14) Possible solutions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, May 18, 2017.

1. Wondering just how limited you guys are in your search options

2. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

When I checked last night, the preset servers were easily identified - they were the empty ones. :p

3. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

60 seconds is useless. All we do is just sit there with everyone around us revving their engines or honking their horns. Some may even be picking their noses, that's how useful 60 seconds are. The minimum is 20 seconds and that's how I will be setting up my lobbies. 20 seconds are enough to pick a bad driver in the list and ask for everyone (paying attention) to kick him out.

the-D- and pippo10 like this.
  4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Search wise we get three choices, keyword, Ping and by Car, I tried to grab some pics but he forum is playing silly buggers with me!

Edit - It turns out it did attach my crappy iphone pics...

The car list isn't complete, something that does need fixing.

Ping <50 / <100 / <200 / <300 / All

A keyword search "GT at" for example will return all the Kunos predefined GT3 servers, and yes they are empty as everyone is currently interested in doing other things...Just not things the OP is interested in ;)

Attached Files:

5. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

Unfortunately, no. Maybe Assetto Corsa 2 can give a host full control over a lobby. Once it is created, make any change necessary for the next race combo possible. That way drivers don't need to migrate to a new lobby each and every time a change is necessary.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I completely get what OP has issues with. If you want a quick race, say you have 30 or 40 minutes spare to play, well you're gonna be up poop creek without a paddle. It's a perfectly legit issue to highlight which I'm Kunos will have no issue with being highlighted. The only thing i disagree is the wording of the thread title which takes away a little from the legit purpose of the thread.
    The naming of the lobbies are terrible, i should know as i named a couple bad ones myself (Mainly due to testing ), it would be good to have a quick idea of what the lobby is about - quick race, practice, hotlap, track day etc. Also we need an option to allow aids and let everyone choose for themselves if they want to use them. I'm happy for people to use them in my lobby unless i want a more serious night of racing or set up a league.
    I think a simple solution would be 3 options when creating a lobby: Private, public, public regulated. Private being as the name suggests, public being the way it is currently i.e no restrictions on a car mixes ( i love that i can have an F1 and FIT 500 on the same track) , and with public regulated being how you suggested, then when people search for a server they can just differentiate between the 3 kind of setups. So those who want to race seriously can find a server quickly and get racing, and those who want to casually race or cruise dont accidentally end up on a serious server.
    I agree and his problem is he has to trawl through them all to find a server to his liking.

GhostMan and SlimCharles like this.
  7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I think they set 60 seconds because that way when someone joins a lobby when the race is going to start, it has time between the game is loading and the light are green so when you get on the race, you will be on the grid and not on the pit 20-30 seconds behind everyone.

That's not true. I keep seeing GT3 official lobbies full. You know why? Because there, people at least know they will get fast and realistic racing.

Min 3:22

That Barcelona GT3 race was full 5 mins after I recorded the video. You can check it out, because they are racing as I speak.

edit: That some GT3 lobbies are still full, speaks very clearly about the problem. Those lobbies are there since the release, and people still joins them even when yesterday was released an update that allows you to create for the first time a lobby.

Agree. I would change for "Public online multiplayer is chaotic after 1.14. Solutions" and "idiotic" for "bizarre", seeing it is causing many problems. Can't change it now.

That's exactly what Im suggesting.

Johnnypenso and pippo10 like this.
  8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

For the conditions I searched it is absolutely true, the photograph shows the result.

"GT3 at" Ping <50 showed empty lobbies. If you wish to dispute the photograph go ahead.

I do see at GT3 lobby at Barcelona with 3 guys and a ping of over 300...

IMG_6816.JPG

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, it's not true. You are saying official lobbies are empty ("A keyword search "GT at" for example will return all the Kunos predefined GT3 servers, and yes they are empty"), and they are not. I showed you a lobby with still 11 minutes to start the race with 3 people (and that 5 minutes later was full). That lobby you are showing might be the same.

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

So no problem then, you have someone to race, enjoy :)

the-D-, paul_wev and LeDude83 like this.
  11. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Do you guys knows if anybody are reported the bugs with the Tyres (who basicly not consume and stay in optimal grip. And the track aways 97% grip , doesent metter what condition your select) !? I think this is much more important right now, than search filters, and drastical changes in the server info...

12. They are likely aware, but be sure to submit individual bug report tickets for each issue.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  13. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

14. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Reinart86 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Slim Charles if you prefer the old multiplayer get yourself a Xbox I'll send you a invite later.
    Lol only joking.

SlimCharles likes this.
  16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I don't prefer the old multiplayer. Neither an XBOX :p

17. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

It is incredible how poor reading comprehension is in this thread. :rolleyes: Sorry @SlimCharles -- I'm outta here...See you on the other site.

18. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

The vast majority of people on the internet, no matter where you go really, have poor reading comprehension. Worse still, they still don't get it after it's explained to them because their own personal biases guide their thinking more than anything else. I think we both know a couple of people like that:p:cool: I think @SlimCharles has some good points to make and the general thrust of his post is that he would like an easier way to navigate and sort through the myriad of online lobbies comes from a positive perspective. It's worthy of discussion and fleshing out some possible solutions to the chaos that now prevails.

19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup.... Quite some persons missread the intention of @SlimCharles....

I do understand some of his points of view.. And really think that quite some things can be changed / improved.

-Public servers made by kunos should be entitled somehow to see them easy for those people who want a fast online race.

-Public sever hosted by an user should also be entitled and give more information about the way the lobby is configured.

-Private /password servers should also be entitled, so you can directly move on.

About the lobbies names....i Really Don't care about the name it received from the user that opened that server.

Make in search options 2 option would be great also:

-Search by name.(already in it)
    -Search kunos hosted lobbies. (shows you directly the official public lobbies hosted by kunos)

Then there are some issues for sure, quite normal that it happens with new feature.

Yesterday i was opening a lobby to try out configurations for a future racing league.

- Sometimes the lobby open with other cars that you don't selected..
    -Tyre wear degration is too slow on even 200%
    I've put 15.minutes free practice and 15.minutes Qualy... In the information screen it says 4 minutes practice and 25 minutes qualy meanwhile when you start the times are like you configured.

Then i opened a second lobby to try other track and configuration... My surprise was that i receive a warning "there is already a server in use with the same name"....

I exited to the lobbies IU... Searched by name and the old lobby came up...

If there's nobody playing in that lobby it should erase himself once the Last player exited the lobby... Because otherwise the lobbies list will be fast filled with empty servers... And that is caotic like slimcharles says.

The network should improve also...because sometimes to open a lobby you have to push "create" 30 times and receive 25 times a message "error, try later" 3 times it opens with a configuration that don't match what you maked and 2 times the server close with error message in loading screen.

Our racing league will wait until the next month to organise a league hoping that network and lobbies configuration improves with an update.

@Lord Kunos please read this as constructive feedback to improve the customised online lobbies.

The basis is already set...with little adjustments sure it will become a really good feature