1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Please Kunos Custom Lobbies ASAP please, sign if you need this also

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by XR Freestyler, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj2ca

dj2ca Rookie

Custom/private lobbies should definitely be a major priority! I know dozens of people who are buying AC to use for league racing, without public lobbies league racing will be impossible. Basically, without public lobbies there is no game for a lot of people and they either won't buy it or will just return it. I honestly can't believe they left this feature out. Please make putting this in a top priority.

BoereJack and TaZ2k like this.
  2. piotras

piotras Rookie

I agree. Not privvate lobby this joke. Public multiplayer for many people does not make sense.

3. jarqus

jarqus Racer

I dont plan to buy the console version of the game, first I'd have to get a console.
    Over the time here on the Assetto forum, you read things like most people play offline against AI or this is just a hot lap sim, which is why some MP needs and wants go by the way side. So maybe that same mentality was derived in there decision for the consoles.
    Though never owning a console, Even I believe that a very high majority would play mostly online, as that is sort of the point to a console in my eyes.

Hopefully they have a plan, and most people will be happy. You never know they be working through it as we speak.

4. nasanu

nasanu Gamer

I pushed for this years ago but the general consensus on this forum was that a standard PC sim online setup was perfect. As I predicted back then, AC is dead online (hundreds of servers, few if any actually racing). Every racing sim needs a standard console like online experience. Players need to be able to hit a button, move some sliders and select some options then hit go to have a custom lobby setup. Then everyone else should be able to find that lobby in a list sorted by ping. That is a minimum.

ACs online setup is in many ways advanced but totally butchered the basics. If they just kept it simple you could jump into an online race at anytime like any console racer. But if they persist with their current par for the course PC setup then it will continue to be dead. You will never be able to just jump online and get a great race, you will always have to wait for that one league night a week, all arranged in advance... :(

PC sims need to wake up to online. In console sims I can get online, search for lobbies and be in a great race within a few minutes. I might have to enter a few rooms to find good racers, but the process is simple and efficient, I can always find a good race day or night within a short space of time. You simply can't do this on PC despite years of being told that PC sims are amazing online and better than anything.

5. Javierp85

Javierp85 Rookie

I agree too, I can't believe that we wouldn't be able to get private lobbies, that's the most important thing for a simracer.

This will be a reason for many of us for not to buy Assetto.

So disappointed right now...

denis74, BoereJack, Donnced2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Gamer

I'm really surprised private lobbies are not present in the console version. Please add them in a future update!

BoereJack, campodicasa and TaZ2k like this.
  7. allstyles

allstyles Rookie

please add private lobbies,............ you guys missed the boat on this one, it is a must!!!!!

8. saeidj

saeidj Gamer

really sucks ! a game with such reputation with no private lobbies ! even the crappiest games have private lobbies !

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Things like this are really going to lower the metacritic score. In 5 days people will be able to give a score. 5 days for Kunos to save this game on console. The only ones that are happy about this is your competition.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    BoereJack likes this.
  10. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Give the boys there private room please thank you .
    Good luck with the game

BoereJack likes this.
  11. seubi42

seubi42 Rookie

I agree too. We need it to play with our league on this new game too.

BoereJack likes this.
  12. cdrikou

cdrikou Rookie

Private lobbies are the ONE SINGLE thing a simracer needs !

denis74 and BoereJack like this.
  13. Hoolz

Hoolz Gamer

Agreed, this game needs private lobbys.

BoereJack likes this.
  14. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

So many league players with gamepads, who would've known :)
    Relax people, practice on your own, there are hundreds of combos you can explore and try to master, they will probably patch this soon.

Ace Pumpkin and BoereJack like this.
  15. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

Can't speak for everyone, but in our Leagues on pcars at the moment most drivers use wheels, have fanatec gear, thrustmaster, rseats and so on.....

BoereJack and Seb007 like this.
  16. Explosivo

Explosivo Gamer

Yeah, console peasants with their forks aka pads want leagues. :rolleyes:
    Ridiculous.

In our community we also got many people using wheels. Yes there are some pad users, but I doubt 100% on PC use a wheel, right?

17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Was just kidding, but then again i wonder with those kind of setups why even bother with consoles? Youre missing out on a lot of stuff besides just custom lobbies.
    And lets be honest, on PC probably 85% of people are driving with the wheel, i reckon its like 15 or 20% max on consoles.

BoereJack likes this.
  18. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I wonder what is the relation between playing with either wheel or pad and the possibility of organizing online leagues based on private lobbies...

Pad players are not allowed to race in leagues? cĀ“mon...

PS: I use wheel

BoereJack likes this.
  19. campodicasa

campodicasa Rookie

Your kidding again, right? Most people i know uses a wheel for playing (sim)racing games. It's not Mario Kart were playing. Whe are gamers who like to play simracing on our consoles. And the category who plays Project CARS and Assetto Corsa for example, prefer wheel over controller. So the numbers that you mentioned are a bit higher. ;)

I noticed that Kunos mentioned the following on the key-features page...
    ...Fully customizable single player and multiplayer modes....
    What were you thinking when you made this promise, and thought, ...well... maybe in the future. But for now, whe don't deliver...

I've just played Assetto Corsa all morning. Practiced my driving with the Nissan GT-R GT3 on Spa. Feels great...
    Please Kunos, don't let that feeling go away...

BoereJack likes this.
  20. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

@ jayd

Not saying that but they are generally much more casual players, 'drive immediatelly' kind of audience.
    I would never put my money that they would want and/or notice this straight away, before the game is even released..
    Its just odd that they are not already on the PC..

BoereJack likes this.