1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Isn't there one provided with AC already?
    Ok, without the sponsors (of course), but at least the style matches?

2. Nope, the blue and orange scheme that was shown in teaser screens and the trailer wasn't included. But the one at RD is a beauty:
    [​IMG]

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok. I rarely look at the actual skins in game since you can't select them for public online races anyway, so I just assumed that it would be in if they showed it in the teasers.
    (Actually made that blue/orange RSR teaser my desktop wallpaper. ;))

4. ...of course you can use custom skins for online racing.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Really? How do I select my custom skin?

I always thought that custom skins for online racing are possible, but can only be selected by the admin of the server, which would be no use to me.

AmorFati likes this.
  6. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Even being able the select an vanilla skin in AC would be a huge plus for me. Especially when you have to drive an streetcar with the most retarded livery in the whole galaxy (the m4 akra for instance).

7. The selection of the skin are by the server admin.
    You can change the skin inside the original Kunos skin folders. Only the folder name is important not the content.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok, so it's not what I was talking about. ;)

nate, Jebus and AmorFati like this.
  9. ????

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

What I want (and I suspect many others, too):
    Install and select a skin locally. Upon connection, it gets transmitted (just like the skins installed on the server currently) and you can use it in the race.

What we currently have is not really something which I'd consider "support of custom skins", if I as a racer have no influence whatsoever upon which skin I'll end up with.

Seria17hri11er and Jebus like this.
  11. Thank you for the explanation. No its not really userfriendly atm.
    But if you replace all the Kunos original skin with costum skins of your like you'll ever get one of your favorite skin and all other driving around you :)

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

True, but then people have different taste and I'm pretty sure that they won't like it if I dictate the skins on all public servers now. :D

13. No you don't understand it right. Your skin changes are just for you and also only visible for you.
    All others online player will have the normal skins on her screen.

This is the reason for don't changing the folder names of the original skin. Just the content.
    Also the json files are not important for online admin selection.

Berniyh likes this.
  14. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Wow. I never knew that. Has it always been this way? Or is it a relatively new feature of online racing with AC?

15. I don't know but I've tried it and it works.
    One important thing I've forget to add:
    Make a backup of your changed skin folders. Some updates and every steam data check will reset the skins to default.

ALB123 likes this.
  16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I believe in order for this to work correctly you'd have to rename your custom skins with the same names as the Kunos skins, other wise all the other cars will just be a solid color?

Been like that as long as I can remember. If the server admin loads custom skins but you don't have those skins on your system you will just see solid color cars instead of the custom skins. I believe booking mode is the only method in which the admin/host can select who gets what skin. In pick-up mode they can be used but they are assigned randomly just like Kunos skins.

17. Wrong!!! Like I've said ONLY the skin folder name is important.

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I was ONLY asking!!! I know if you screw stuff up with the skins you MIGHT just see solid colored cars and wanted to CLARIFY if this would be an issue!!! No need to get so upset. ;)

19. SORRY :)

Public online race:
    [​IMG]

20. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

After drive a little more time with the Porsches, I can tell this is a good job done on these cars, some could be seen as obsolete/unwanted, but taking part of the legend is just amazing ! The 917 is obviously quite an "anomaly", how can such a car has even been designed ??? That's 110% pure crazyness, we push a little nad wwwaaooo 200 km/h :eek: we just need now the old Le Mans track to play with it ! The Moby Dick is not too bad too, and the RSR is pure fun, not too powerful, not so hard to just drive (I laugh a lot reading the people describing the "feet steering" feature of this car).
    The Panamera is surprising, the weight/power ratio is kind of the R35 one, despite looking heavy, it feel light, agile and easy to drive.
    My best is the Cayman GT4, I was sad seeing there was no 996 GT3 Cup, but I get back the same kind of feeling and fun I've got with GTR2 car with this little one, the Motec Display is very nice too, everything we need in one look.

For all of these cars, my only disappointment was the not so loud enough transmission and brakes sounds, are they real race cars ? It doesn't look so, I remember hearing the 997 on board, transmission was a lot louder than that, so I can't imagine oldies were better isolated than a modern car.

I hope we'll got a 956 (and/or a 962) as it is quite a big part of the Le Mans/endurance racing Porsche legend and a crazy car too !

Seria17hri11er likes this.