1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Porsche pack impressions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Nov 30, 2016.

1. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Porsche 718 Cayman S.

A bit vanilla compared to the other cars, but that doesn't mean it's bad, once the tyres are warmed up it's a very stable, if not overly quick car to drive, you can be very consistent with it, doesn't have the immediate fun factor of the other cars, but is still nice to drive.

Porsche 911 Carrera S

This one feels odd, sure it's fast, but it handles like a tank, almost feels like a heavy AWD car, if you don't get the rear end out, you can get a TON of understeer, front end feels all bouncy too, once you get your head around how it handles, it's not a bad car, but just requires a certain driving style to get the most out of it.

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0

Beautiful car, everything about it is just right, sounds great, looks great, handles amazingly, and it just loves to slide, and it does so in such a friendly way that you can just get it to start sliding and let the car do it's thing and it won't bite your arms off, one of the highlights of the pack.

Porsche 917/30 Spyder

Lunatic!, power, power, power and more power, even with those huge rear tyres you only have to look at the throttle to get them to break traction, and when it does, it does so fast.
    You really need to keep on top of this car because it doesn't have great brakes and is a bit of a beast to get round slow corners, and then POWER!!!!, if you can manage to string together two good consecutive laps, you're doing well!
    Sounds are a bit muted in game, with the wind noise drowning out the engine at high speeds (which happen a lot in this car!), second highlight of the pack.

Porsche 918 Spyder

Pure rocketship, wind down the MGU recovery a little bit to tame the rear end, and put the boost on hotlap mode and watch it go!.
    Unfortunately you can't turn the traction control off, so that tempers the fun somewhat, but boy is it fast, I have yet to do any laptime comparisons with the P1 or LaFerrari, but I look forward to doing so!

Porsche 935/78 ‘Moby Dick’

This car is nuts, it's very tail happy, and the turbo lag is just phenomenal, no power, no power, here comes to boost........HOLD ON!.
    Tough car to drive consistently, but a heck of a lot of fun to try and tame.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Pure GT car, very stiff, linear power delivery, quite tame to drive, not particularly exciting to hotlap, but that's not it's forte, it excels at close pack racing, and it's quite docile when doing so.

Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo

After driving the other cars in the pack, this just feels dead to drive, very little feedback from the car, but it is really quick for a sedan.

Overall it's a great pack, well worth the asking price, some amazing, and some not so, cars!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Porsche pack 3 Dec 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Forza horizon 3 porsche pack and the capacity to wait Apr 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Update v 1.12 and Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC out now on PS4. Feb 13, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Update v 1.12 & Porsche Pack Vol 3 is OUT NOW! Feb 13, 2017
    Console Lounge COMING SOON! – PORSCHE PACK VOLUME 3 & UPDATE V 1.12 Feb 7, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Porsche Pack 3 online Feb 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche Pack III , using GT3Cup Jan 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC, Private Lobbies Update and Special Events Jan 27, 2017
    Screens & Videos Testing out all Porsche Pack cars @Magione Jan 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Bug special challenges and achievements porsche pack Jan 17, 2017
    Console Lounge DLC Special Events - The Red Pack, Porsche Pack # 2 and Porsche Pack # 3 Jan 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche pack Vol 4 + wishlist Jan 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack 2 & Red Pack Car impressions Jan 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche pack 2 and Red pack available - No update yet Jan 10, 2017
    Bug reports Ps4 download problem with porsche pack 2 Jan 9, 2017

3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Comment about the 918 Spyder,

It looks like out can't turn off the TC OFF what's unfortunate is and the car is slower then the LaFerrari on Spa, stock setup. I've tested it yesterday and I can say that harder to drive in compare to the LaFerrari. The LaF is a second quicker with TC1 and in Porsche RaccyHyper Moder (didn't notice on Hotlap mode how much car quicker is) and it's understeers to much as well.

Didn't run like 10 laps of each car. Run like 3/4 casual laps and you'll see automatically that the Porsche feels slower and it's difficult to drive in compare to the LaF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Enky

Enky Rookie

I think that the Cayman 718 S is way too slow, 13.7 seconds for the 400 meters dragrace while the real car does it in 12" (the AI does it in 13.3), there is something wrong here not to mention the massive understeer, i own a Cayman GTS 981 model and i've driven it at Monza and i can say for sure that the brake of the 718S are too powerful and that there is massive understeer especially at parabolic curve probably they don't have simulated the PTV porsche torque vectoring that gives an hand in reducing the understeer.

5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Quote from the Devs:
    "Probably the most technologically packed car inside Assetto Corsa. The Porsche 918 spyder has it all. Active aero, brake steering, active differential at the rear, hybrid ERS system with different modes. 2 (two!) electric engines, completely independent front and rear, active antiroll bars (!), active rear wheel steering (!!), active All Wheel Drive with electric motor at the front and active torque vectoring..."

It might be an idea to read more before solving Kunos' non-existent problems ;)

6. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Who was trying to fix a non-existent problem? And what does a dev saying "the 918 is the most technologically packed car in game" have to do with anything? I'm trying to understand if you're suggesting that problems with this car are likely to exist because it's hard to program all those technological features,. Or rather you're trying to suggest that those features are possibly too much for (again) whoever it is you're responding to, to understand.. But either way, I don't think the quote you posted would prove anything except the fact that the 918 in real life, is a technologically packed vehicle.. and therefore, ipso facto, is the most technologically packed vehicle in game.

bradleyland likes this.
  7. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

The comment above mine suggested that the car's poor handling inside AC was due to the PVT not being simulated. I was just pointing out that Aris said it is.

8. Snowman38

Oh. These two comments have me confused, one's talking about the 718, the other 918.. Lol

Who's Aris? And if you're again referring to your quote, I don't think what the dev said is technically "proof" that these systems are accounted for in the game.. just proof that they exist in the real car.

Pleite likes this.
  9. Snowman38

I know you feel like he said those features ARE in fact in the game's version of the car.. But I'd argue that it could just be fancy wordplay, and that he's technically not admitting that any of those features are in the game's version of the car.

That being said, even if he spoke up here and said that all these features are actually active in the game's version of the car.. with all the bugs, I wouldn't be surprised if it still isn't actively working either way.

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Aristotelis Vasilakos, look it up in the game credits ;) The good guy who has to replicate all the cars physical behavior in AC. Also known as the master of copy and paste! (Even if there might be a slight bit more to it than just C&P.)

Also around here as @Aristotelis

Snowman38 likes this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Since Enky wrote this in another thread too:

2016-12-19 13_46_12-Assetto Corsa.jpg
    Without launch control and the manual shifted car.
    For the real 718 Cayman S I found time from 12.0s to 12.3s, all with the PDK gearbox and probably using launch control.

12. Snowman38

oh nooooo.. Why did you summon him!? Lol
    Well, it'll be great to get his take on this issue. (if there even is an issue.. I was simply pointing out the possible flaw in @Fat-Alfie 's posted quote) I have no opinion one way or the other.

Actually, I was playing only last night and still thinking to myself, WOW each car is incredibly unique in this game.. definitely one of the greatest car games I've ever played!

This is what this forum needs more of, physical proof to back up their opinions. Good job Schnipp!

LeDude83, Mr.Mugel and Schnipp like this.
  13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I guess he won´t easily summoned again today. He did a break and commented some things about the 908 in the PC chit chat forum, but the PP3 is going live tomorrow and I guess it will be a long night. I hope those guys get some rest, but I severely doubt it.

Ace Pumpkin and Fat-Alfie like this.
  14. Enky

Enky Rookie

Ok, i need 37 secs to reach 263kmh (2000m dragrace) check on youtube where a boxster s after 37 sec is at 282kmh he used launch control and has pdk but dunno if it is enough to justify a 19kmh difference.

15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

This might play a big role with the result, too. Look at the ratios up to 6th. Rear axle is longer, though.

Gear ratios
    Manual / PDK

1st gear
    3.31/3.91

2nd gear
    1.95/2.29

3rd gear
    1.41/1.65

4th gear
    1.13/1.30

5th gear
    0.95/1.08

6th gear
    0.81/0.88

7th gear
    –/0.62

Reverse gear
    3.00/3.55

Rear axle
    3.89/3.62

LeDude83 and Schnipp like this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You know speedometers do not work 100% proporly!?

In Germany speedometers can't show a too low speed by law and up to 7% more than the real speed is allowed.
    Usually the differences are about 3-4% in most car reviews.

3-4% would mean about 8-11kph at that speed.

AC meassure real speed.

Tomcul and LeDude83 like this.
  17. Snowman38

Who knows what kinds of mods this guy may have? But even if no mods... Schnipp is correct, at least to my experience 3-4% above actually speed, sounds about right.

LeDude83 and Schnipp like this.
  18. Enky

Enky Rookie

A boxster S with pdk is coming with next porsche pack, let's wait and see. Bye

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, you can do comparison between Boxster manual and PDK, but not to the Cayman.
    The Boxster has the roof open and therefore a giant amount of drag.

2000m drag:
    253 kph after 38s for manual Boxster S vs. 266 kph after 37s in the Cayman S.

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No offense man but I'm not looking forward to your next feelings. You caused others to generate some decent numbers which you should've provided in the first place.

So when you feel some inaccuracy again please at least do your homework and bring some reliable data from AC.

Schnipp likes this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think they have a drag strip or the app that measure time/speed.