1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Porsche pack impressions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Nov 30, 2016.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The 718 has been reported by the motoring press to be more stable than the predecessor - your RL car. I was also wondering as AC's 718 seems to be rather loose to me. That's more mid-corner, though - I never noticed instability under braking. But what you say I know from my 360 pad - its steering is nervous around the center so until I figured out a way to give it some deadzone (Kunos' slider doesn't seem to work) I would loose many cars under braking. This might be the issue with your aged wheel. Would be interesting to see how it goes with your new wheel.

We can be pretty sure Kunos has the right data for the car due to the very close relationship with Porsche. One big omission in AC is PASM/ESP/EBS...whatever Porsche uses in RL. In AC we only have a basic ABS and TCS plus a fake stability control magically pushing the car into stability.

Brake balance can't be adjusted in AC road cars. What you can try is to lower the rear tyre pressure, adjust toe on the rear tyres towards positive.

2. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. I didn't think/realize the wheel might have anything to do with it. The brake pedal on the Logitech Momo wheel sucks in many respects. This may be another. I have held off getting a better wheel until I decided if I wanted to continue with AC. That may note be an option. So far I like the way AC performs (within its limits) so getting a decent wheel may be the right thing to do at this point.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yep, a new wheel will give you way better control and feedba k. I recommend Thrustmaster wheel over Logitech...there's lots of threads on this in here - you'll find what's best for you.

But as you're still on that Momo, double-check with the wheel showing on-screen that it's doing what you intend it to. And don't be shy to use speed sensitivity - it's the #1 tweak for low rotation wheels and controllers.
    Also, play around with brake gamma.
    When brake pressure adjustment is patched into the consoles this might also be an option.

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

The T300RS seems to be a favorite choice, although I saw one review that rated the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 somewhat higher. However, while I could find the T300RS on the Thrustmaster site I could not find the Porsche 911 GT2 on the Fanatic site, so it may not actually exist!

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Having just watched the GT3 Cup Challenge race at Sebring, the cars look much more compliant than those in the game...Oh for some on board footage!

The new RSR in quali for the 12 hours looked to be skipping about like no ones business over Sebring's nasty bumps! It's behaviour is kind of what I was expecting to see from the GT3 Cup to be TBH.

6. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks for the advice.

Speed sensitivity doesn't help probably because I have the Steering Scale in my Momo file set to 0.22 instead of 1. Adding any speed sensitivity screws that up and can destroy the ability to steer at all. Maybe I should reset it to 1 and use Speed Sensitivity. However, I have the wheel set to 900 and the view is correct.

Brake Gamma, OTOH, really makes a difference. I set it to 1 and just about all the loss of control under heavy braking at high speed went away. I guess 1 means essentially linear so why does this adjustment exist at all? I don't know of any real cars that work that way although, obviously, I don't know them all.

However, the Momo brake pedal has too much travel and the car will still get loose at some point. Maybe I need to play with ABS or figure out some way to limit pedal travel until I get a new wheel. I also still need to start braking too early which really messes me up in one section of track where the straight is too short. With this wheel there is probably some degree of brake pedal movement that best duplicates the car. I have to find it and lock it in somehow.

Be that as it may, my best real time was 2:05.5 and I normally do around 2:08 on this track. I got ONE simulator lap in at 2:10.5 so I guess I am on the right track.

LeDude83 likes this.