1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Porsche pack impressions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

"Bye" lol

I like this idea though.. I love testing! Can you please explain exactly, the issue you think is happening here? (I'm kind of lost, have been from the beginning, but I'm interested in testing whatever it is, and finding out the facts here)

The Cayman 718 S does the 400m in 13.7 seconds. In-game.
    The real car (Cayman 718 S) does it in 12 seconds flat.

Can we get undeniable proof that the real Cayman 718 S does 400m in 12 flat? and @x speed?

From what I can gather so far in this thread from the photo @Schnipp provided is that the Cayman 718 S reached 400m @ 12.82sec @ 181.2kph (in-game)

From the video @Enky provided, all I can really prove with that, is that the particular car in that video (modded or not) reached 181kph at approx. 10.1sec (real-life) I pulled out my stopwatch :cool: so that's a rough approximation. We absolutely cannot prove the distance covered in that video, or specs about the car.. But any of us can time it the way I just did.

Now given the fact that speedo's ARE in fact over zealous, let's account for even say 5% (this is generous, and would even give the in-game car the edge)... the video (real-life) with it's over zealous speedo would have to read approx. 190kph to equal the in-game 181kph... Stay with me here :p (if my numbers are off, somebody, please chime in), so let's get a 0-190kph time... approx. 11.3sec @ 190kph according to my stopwatch skills timing that video.

So, just from those numbers, I may tend to agree with @Enky a bit, if the car in the video IS in stock form.. the in-game version is lacking. (give or take a bit, obviously, but even roughly by my calculations I'm noticing a possible 1.5sec difference).. Enough to take note, IMO

Schnipp likes this.
  2. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Never mind that, do the brakes squeal ?! :)
    Kunos, please stop tormenting me with images of PP2....... I was REALLY looking forward to spending some quality time over Christmas racing Carrera Cup sprint races !!

Snowman38 likes this.
  3. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Actual vs displayed speed in real life speedos can be up to 10% off by law, you need to plug into the ecm or use GPS to get actual speed.
    Example my e46 m3 displays 164mph on the speedo when it hits the factory 155mph limiter. That's 9mph difference or just over 14kph.. so pointless comparing speedos really because in game speedo will have no inbuilt error..

Schnipp, Snowman38 and LeDude83 like this.
  4. Enky

Enky Rookie

The speedo of a porsche cayman gts 981 model is accurate, i guess is the same for the 718. At monza in the main straight i touched 255kmh with the speedo and 247 gps measured, it's a 3% error. Same for top speed, 283 gps measured and 291 on the speedometer, again 3% difference.
    The 282 kmh reached after 37 sec in that video should be equal to 274kmh gps speed (282 minus 3%) or 10kmh difference with the cayman s of assetto corsa probably because of the lack of launch control and pdk as pointed out by another guy here. I was wrong thinking that the cayman s of assetto corsa is slow.

Tomcul likes this.
  5. Enky

Enky Rookie

I changed my mind about it, we have to consider the lack of launch control and pdk gearbox in the assetto corsa cayman s, enough to explain a 1 sec difference in the quarter mile.

Tomcul likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I got a answer from the physics guy about this:

Ace Pumpkin, Schnipp and Pleite like this.
  7. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I must admit the 718 seems a bit weird to me.

I'm a bit of a Cayman S fan, I own one and have driven quite a few but not a 718.

If the unbelievably boring 718 in the game is a realistic depiction of the real car then Porsche have killed the Cayman, very sad.

One thing I can say every Cayman that I have driven suffers from oversteer, not understeer.

8. Enky

Enky Rookie

I agree with you, understeer doesn't exist with a real Cayman especially if u have Porsche Torque Vectoring installed.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm a 100 % sure that Sport Auto criticized the previous Cayman generation for being too nervous and tail-happy and praised the new generation for being a lot more focused and stable. This could explain what you feel in comparison to your RL Cayman experience.

If I can be bothered I might look up the quotes in the magazine, later.

Snowman38, Schnipp and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I'm completely new to AC. I chose the Cayman because I thought it would be closest to the car I actually track. I chose a track I drive on a lot. I think I must have something set up wrong because this thing was doing over 150 mph in a secti0n of track I know I'm not going to be going much over 100.

If the car actually is slow in the hands of people with experience, please suggest where I am going astray.

11. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I said I was new. There is a small screen that provides vital statistics, one of which is speed. It seems to be pretty accurate. However, the speed that shows in the tachometer window makes no sense at all. Is there a way to change that? It is the speed I am accustomed to viewing.

Maybe it is lack of familiarity but I am having a lot of trouble getting comfortable with this simulator. Maybe I don't have the right settings but I can't get anywhere near the times I actually get in a car.

12. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Both my 2012 Cayman and my 2016 Audi read exactly 1mph high at typical highway speeds vs. speed readings from my Garmin GPS. I guess the GPS could be reading 1mph low. I will have to get out on a highway and run some time tests between mile markers.

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Since you write about mph, the virtual models of the speedometers always show one setting, either metric or imperial.

If you change between imperial/metric in the options then this only affects the app that shows speed, but the speedometer will always be what the 3d model was designed as, so most european and japanese cars are in kph and mph is rather used on american cars.

14. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks for the explanation. In rough terms the speed in the tach was probably about 1.6X the mph speed, which is the conversion I normally use. It turns out the vital statistics screen can be dragged over the tach speed providing the information I expect.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You're criticism and remarks on AC will be welcome once you'll have gotten the hang of it ;-) If you're struggling, make a signature with your hardware and settings and look for advice here on the forums.

16. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I'm not sure you used the quote to which you wished to respond. If you did, I was merely commenting on the accuracy of the speedometer in my cars. If the models are that accurate I can't complain. I certainly can't criticize anything at this point. I am simply trying to figure out how to use a system that apparently has no manual (That is a criticism).

I like manuals. I like to have some idea what the effect will be if I change some setting. In the absence of sufficient documentation, the only way I know to do that is to get on a forum and ask. That's how I found out that the displayed speedometer in the sim car was probably calibrated in k/h and there was no way to change it. Okay. Now I know and I can move on.

My experience is driving actual cars on actual tracks. My interest in sim technology is that my schedule is making it difficult to actually get to the track as much as I wish. Therefore, my goal is to recreate that experience at home to the extent possible. So far I am having trouble doing that, but I am making progress. I have a car that is close to mine on a track I know and I can see how the simulation is the same or different from the actual experience. I just don't know what to tweak to improve the accuracy.

I can also see that my old Logitech Momo wheel is not up to the challenge. The wheel is too small, about 9" vs. 14" in the car, and the brake has no feel vs. pretty much rock hard in the car. Unfortunately, while I can read about better wheels i don't know where I would go to try one before buying!

On top of that I am on a PS4 forum when I actually use BOOTCAMP on a MacBook Pro. I got here ONLY because it was a discussion of the Porsche packs, and that was something I wanted to know more about.

LeDude83 and @P73 like this.
  17. BobTheDog

Don't worry, there are people on this forum that will jump down the throat of anyone they think is complaining about AC however slight it may be.

Not all the members are like that.

jamie mullaney likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What a useless comment. You're not a tad better bringing this sh1t up for no reason.

In case you spoke to me and to clarify for @Bob Peirce:
    Sorry if I caused confusion. It was meant without any sarcasm - I'm much interested in RL comparisons so welcome on board and have fun ;-)

19. BobTheDog

No all, but some eh!

If you don't think that the following is condescending the mind boggles:

jamie mullaney and Daz730 like this.
  20. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I have been running the 718 on a track I know and have some observations. First grip and speed seem to be a bit higher than I actually experience in my 2012 Cayman with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on this track. I've read the 718 is a bit faster so that is not a surprise. What is a surprise is the braking. Up to about 80-90 mph it is fine. Above 100 it is crazy. The only way to slow down without losing control is to start braking about twice as early as you normally would; i.e., if your normal brake point is 200 you need to start at 400.

My 2012 is insanely stable under braking and I really doubt the 718 is really any different. You don't have the same feel with a sim but it is almost as if there is a huge weight shift to the front that unloads the rear wheels causing them to lose grip and possibly to lock up, although I am not seeing ABS kick in.

So, is there a way to adjust the brake bias on these cars? My first thought is to move it more to the front in small increments to see what happens. There may be something else going on but that is my first thought.